Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    It's nostalgia homie, amazing to see these childhood fantasies brought to life. Not to mention that these recent comicbook movies have been high quality productions that stand on their own as action movies.
    I agree. They are really well done, well acted etc. Nolan killed it with the Batman series. I guess I just don't see anything more than a fun well done movie, where as alot of people think they are amazing. I just don't see the whole one of the best movies of all time, but like I said it's subjective so whatever.

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

I prefer The Dark Knight Rises over The Avengers. I liked The Avengers, but I felt personally it got better reviews than what I saw when I watched it.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I agree. They are really well done, well acted etc. Nolan killed it with the Batman series. I guess I just don't see anything more than a fun well done movie, where as alot of people think they are amazing. I just don't see the whole one of the best movies of all time, but like I said it's subjective so whatever.
    They are great movies based on beloved stories that are modern versions of mythology.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

I ****ing hated the conversations in Avengers. Cheesy and dull. And the movie destroyed my sense of them being superheroes that's how stupid they seemed to act....more worried about elementary school issues at times than the real task...

Batman Begins > Avengers
    The Dark Knight > Avengers
    Dark Knight Rises > Avengers
    Green Lantern > Avengers
    Thor > Avengers
    Captain America > Avengers
    Ironman > Avengers
    Ironman 2 > Avengers
    etc. etc. etc.

One of the worst modern comic adaptions I've seen if not the worst.
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 09-15-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    I ****ing hated the conversations in Avengers. Cheesy and dull. And the movie destroyed my sense of them being superheroes that's how stupid they seemed to act....more worried about elementary school issues at times than the real task...

Batman Begins > Avengers
    Green Lantern > Avengers
    Thor > Avengers
    Ironman > Avengers
    Ironman 2 > Avengers
    etc. etc. etc.

Batman Begins > Avengers
    Green Lantern > Avengers
    Thor > Avengers
    Ironman > Avengers
    Ironman 2 > Avengers
    etc. etc. etc.

If you honestly believe its the "worst" adaptation then you need your head checked

Green Lantern was beyond bad. Lay off the drugs dude.

Decent college freshman

Batman Begins > Avengers
    Green Lantern > Avengers
    Thor > Avengers
    Ironman > Avengers
    Ironman 2 > Avengers
    etc. etc. etc.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

I read his post and was so shocked that I had to Biggums it straight away. After replying I look one post down and you had beaten me to it.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8

I read his post and was so shocked that I had to Biggums it straight away. After replying I look one post down and you had beaten me to it.
    Same here, man. Same here. I mean, sure, it was entertaining (plus Blake Lively looked great in it ) but if you're talking about cheesiness, no doubt, GL was way more hackneyed than Avengers.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Batman Begins > Avengers
    Green Lantern > Avengers
    Thor > Avengers
    Ironman > Avengers
    Ironman 2 > Avengers
    etc. etc. etc.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

That's just how little I think of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Nah son

It was no better than your average Michael Bay film. Lots of explosions, maybe some aliens, corny one liners, predictable. The only reason people like you thought it was anything special is because it was hyped up since the first Iron Man movie and Sam Jackson making a cameo at the end.
    Says the guy with the butt-hurt-itis and a Bane avy.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    but but... green lantern was.... really bad
    Not bad enough not to be entertaining. I waited for Avengers to finally start and the credits started rolling before it ever did.

It was like eating wrinkly dried up french fries that look like stretched nipples.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Says the guy with the butt-hurt-itis and a Bane avy.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Smiley's will definitely get your point across.

Keep up the great work.