Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Euro-basketball,nba freezone thread.

Grinder thanks for all the results keep them coming!Isn't that jersey that Rudy's wearing oden's? it's about 5 sizes too big!
    Berraco hopefully you are right about Barret,yes Creus deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt and yes Mallet has done really well for DKV.But DKV tend to have a good eye,Barton,Jagla,etc or have an ability to make players play well like Jasaitis who did nothing at TAU or Maccabi.Barca tend not to do any of those things.see Shammond Williams,Bootsy Thornton, and the rest.I hope I am wrong but I think Barret will join the huge list of nothing yanks that have played in Barcelona.Oh and yes what happened to the biggest who-the-hell-is-this-guy-player ever, Gary Neal?

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Grinder thanks for all the results keep them coming!Isn't that jersey that Rudy's wearing oden's? it's about 5 sizes too big!
    Berraco hopefully you are right about Barret,yes Creus deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt and yes Mallet has done really well for DKV.But DKV tend to have a good eye,Barton,Jagla,etc or have an ability to make players play well like Jasaitis who did nothing at TAU or Maccabi.Barca tend not to do any of those things.see Shammond Williams,Bootsy Thornton, and the rest.I hope I am wrong but I think Barret will join the huge list of nothing yanks that have played in Barcelona.Oh and yes what happened to the biggest who-the-hell-is-this-guy-player ever, Gary Neal?
    I mean, you never know how these kind of players are going to perform. At least let's see how the guy plays the initial games. But people with such a knowledge of basketball like Aito, Creus, etc deserve always the benefit of the doubt for their decissions. And in the PG spot, if Creus thinks this guy can be any good and an upgrade over last year's Lakovic(!!!), I would bet my money on him.
    Gary Neal is now in Treviso, and I really don't understand why

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    I mean, you never know how these kind of players are going to perform. At least let's see how the guy plays the initial games. But people with such a knowledge of basketball like Aito, Creus, etc deserve always the benefit of the doubt for their decissions. And in the PG spot, if Creus thinks this guy can be any good and an upgrade over last year's Lakovic(!!!), I would bet my money on him.
    Gary Neal is now in Treviso, and I really don't understand why
    Lakovic at the beginning of the season was great,but when xavi pascual took over he disappeared.he will go somewhere else and light up the place as usual.Barca struggle to bring out the best from players.On a positive note Vasquez has looked good,though for what he has been getting paid it's about time.

Lakovic at the beginning of the season was great,but when xavi pascual took over he disappeared.he will go somewhere else and light up the place as usual.Barca struggle to bring out the best from players.On a positive note Vasquez has looked good,though for what he has been getting paid it's about time.
    Vazquez is surprisingly outplaying Andersen, or at least that's the impression I've got. I don't know how long will last this, though. Fran's is non-consistent by nature.

Vazquez is surprisingly outplaying Andersen, or at least that's the impression I've got. I don't know how long will last this, though. Fran's is non-consistent by nature.
    I think they should play both. Lakovic,Navarro,Ilyasova,Vazquez and Andersen.
    That would be a pretty big team too.They will probably play Barret,navarro,Barton,Ilyasova,Andersen. They are both good sides.Not good enough to win the euroleague though.Not with Pascual,that's not a dig at him,he just doesn't have the experience.

I think they should play both. Lakovic,Navarro,Ilyasova,Vazquez and Andersen.
    That would be a pretty big team too.They will probably play Barret,navarro,Barton,Ilyasova,Andersen. They are both good sides.Not good enough to win the euroleague though.Not with Pascual,that's not a dig at him,he just doesn't have the experience.
    Agreed to all.

Agreed to all.
    What do you think of the article in marca about Barca,Madrid and TAU leaving the ACB in two years?
    It would be my worst nightmare come true,a closed league ala NBA!!!

What do you think of the article in marca about Barca,Madrid and TAU leaving the ACB in two years?
    It would be my worst nightmare come true,a closed league ala NBA!!!
    I haven't read it (I can't access Marca from my office), but there has been talks about that since some years ago. I wouldn't like it at all. I think the format domestic league/European competitions is really good for all.

On a side note, just read that Bar

[QUOTE=berraco]I haven't read it (I can't access Marca from my office), but there has been talks about that since some years ago. I wouldn't like it at all. I think the format domestic league/European competitions is really good for all.

On a side note, just read that Bar

Bar

I think DKV is the team to watch out for this season. The first game against Bar

[quote=Grinder]I think DKV is the team to watch out for this season. The first game against Bar

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

If DKV Joventut has a 50-50 season in the euroleague than they will overachieved

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    If DKV Joventut has a 50-50 season in the euroleague than they will overachieved
    here we go again.ye of little faith in dkv!! last year you said they were no good and they won the spanish cup and the uleb,with fernandez who you reckon is only an ok player.I think in the euroleague they will win more games than they will lose.they wont get to last 8 though.
    As for barca Grinder by what you say Barrett had a great game so the same that you said about woods applies to him!!

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

All the respect to Ricky Rubio but Rudy Fernandez was DKV Joventut and without him they're not going anywhere