Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Thomas Robinson is a beast.

Outside of Anthony Davis, Trob is the best prospect in D1 basketball right now. He's already capable of doing everything you need out of a 4.

The only thing he needs is consistency on his 15-20 foot jumper. He's okay right now, but give him an offseason to drill it everyday and he could become something special. He's from DC too (cough Wizards)

Banned

I watched the Kansas vs Kansas State game where Robinson played just two days after his mother's funeral.

He was rough start but with a couple of hustle plays he got rolling in the 2nd half. It turned into a blow out game.

He played with heavy heart out there.

Eh, undersized, already a junior. He really struggled against Anthony Davis when they matched up early in the season, I think that will become a trend against longer defenders in the NBA. I think I'd rather have Sullinger.

He's 6'10" in his shoes with a 7'1" wingspan. I think he's gonna be a solid big man in the NBA. The Wizards better draft this kid.

If we aren't in position to get Davis or Barnes. T-Rob is the one I want, especially if we get Howard

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Eh, undersized, already a junior. He really struggled against Anthony Davis when they matched up early in the season, I think that will become a trend against longer defenders in the NBA. I think I'd rather have Sullinger.
    Sullinger's an undersized post player whose lack of elite athleticism will be exposed in the NBA . He has improved his outside shot, but still has little facing the basket in the 15 ft and in range.

Ceiling is Juwan Howard, which is a really nice career.

Tend to think he's more Kurt Thomas.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Sullinger's an undersized post player whose lack of elite athleticism will be exposed in the NBA . He has improved his outside shot, but still has little facing the basket in the 15 ft and in range.

Ceiling is Juwan Howard, which is a really nice career.

Tend to think he's more Kurt Thomas.
    I think you are underrating his rebounding a bit. He has a natural ability to get up there and get them, which sometimes has little to do with athleticism or length and more to do with timing and a natural intangible.

I have serious questions about his scoring ability on the next level, but I do think that he will continue to be a very good rebounder... Which is a nice thing to have and something Kurt Thomas never could provide.

Sullinger is going to be a double-double guy on the next level, imo. My biggest question is will it be 15/10 or 20/10.

He's announcing today that he's entering the Draft (as expected):

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9654