View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #5092
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I went to see The Fighter last night. As someone who's lived on and off with an addict brother for the past 7 years, Christian Bale should be nominated for an oscar. I'd say he should be a lock to win, but frankly I haven't seen enough this year to say for sure. All I know is he was spot on. Honestly, there were spots of it that cut a little close to the bone.

It was really outstanding. It's got a few moments that I would describe as a bit hokey. Amy Adams felt a bit tacked on, even though she did a pretty good job. The griminess of the area would've been interesting to see how Aranofsky would've handled it, because that seems to be something he excels at. I imagine it would've been grittier but perhaps not quite as light in spots. But with all the ins and outs that happened with this movie over the years, getting Bale as Dickey Ecklund was worth all the frustration. I know there was a time when Wahlberg was gonna play Dickey, I just can't imagine how that woulda worked. Damon was supposed to play Mickey in that scenario.

Overall I'd say high 80s.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote