Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Any males here have their ears pierced? Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Don't like guys with earrings generally, but I'm not a girl(s) who I suppose you are looking for.
    The worse trend is that earrings with a hole in them... I seen guys with it:

It's like, what are they doing?!?! Does it mean anything? Do they know what it means? It's ewww. Africans do it, but they are primitive in their understanding of beauty... As well as African-Americans, for that matter But yea.
    That's wait I said in the above post. Shit is terrible.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I got one pierced when I was like 15-16 and than got the other one done like 5 minutes later because thought it looked stupid with just one. Can relate with the family thing, remember my dad picked me up right after and took me about 5 minutes to get into the car outta fear .. after that tho it didn't affect anything it never even got mentioned and besides my parents I don't think anybody ever really commented on them and at times I'd wear some pretty big flashy earrings. Took them out whenever I'd go into work.

I dunno, getting you're ears pierced really isn't that big of a deal. Don't really regret it but haven't used them in a long time and the hole's probably grown over, I'd say I got my money's worth tho. If you want it done, do it. Unless you're getting those massive holes I don't think it'll change anything, maybe it's different when you're 20 and not 15 in HS tho.

Hardest part for me was keeping the earrings. Wasn't use to wearing "accessories" so I was constantly losing them. Got a nice pair for X-Mas one year and lost one like 2 months later and that was it for me

Hoes love the single black stud earring. If you don't like it just let that shit close up

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

You're worrying for nothing, it's your ears and it's no big deal really.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

And these one's but less shiny;

You crap on fake bling bling and yet you use fake plugs?

I got both my ears pierced, my cartilage pierce and my lip on the left side.

I began expanding my ear piercings for real plugs, I only got up to size 8 though and quite expanding them.

I had a size 12 lipring too.

I got rid of them all.

The ladies actually found my collection of piercings attractive, specially the lipring. I have no idea why they enjoyed biting and pulling on it. I didn't really hurt though.

I've gotten rid of my piercings as I just grew out of them.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    You crap on fake bling bling and yet you use fake plugs?

I got both my ears pierced, my cartilage pierce and my lip on the left side.

I began expanding my ear piercings for real plugs, I only got up to size 8 though and quite expanding them.

I had a size 12 lipring too.

I got rid of them all.

The ladies actually found my collection of piercings attractive, specially the lipring. I have no idea why they enjoyed biting and pulling on it. I didn't really hurt though.

I've gotten rid of my piercings as I just grew out of them.
    It's the style of the piece I like, I personally don't really see the need to expand the piercing just to be able to use real plugs.

Don't want my ear to look like this when I take the plugs out;

And fake bling is just too silly;

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

What poster is this?

Yeah, I get what you mean.

Plugs are generally used mostly by tattoo enthusiast.

I got a bunch of friends who had them, when they took them off their ears looked horrible.

I'm not crapping on you for having fake plugs, as I wore them for a while before I began expanding mines, but like I said, I stopped at size 8, so they weren't big and closed up quickly. I just think it's funny to crap on one thing that's fake and approve of another.

I haven't worn any of my piercings for like 5 years now, but I've had them for over 10 years I think.

I got my ears and cartilage pierced when I was in like the 9th grade and then got my lip pierced when I was 21.

Ear piercings don't hurt. Cartilage piercing hurts more, but it's not that painful. Lip piercing hurt a lot despite people telling me it didn't hurt that much.

Ear piercings and cartilage piercings heal quickly, in about 2 weeks. They don't close as far as I know, so you can go years without wearing them for years after they've healed and still put in some earrings.

However the lip piercing I do believe closed after not wearing a lipring for a while.

Anyway, yeah, OP you seem motivated and it looks like you've already made your mind up on the topic.

Samurai Swoosh

I had a pierced ear from 18 - 21 then got rid of it once I became a man.

Yes, I got my ears piecrced in Grade 4. Don't regret it. Wouldn't recommend wearing during job interview, however no problem wearing at work.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

And fake bling is just too silly;
    I used to have those lol. Wouldn't wear them now, but there is some sense to fake ones. It is really really easy to lose earrings, I mean they can even come off when you change your shirt, and you often don't notice until it is too late.

I have them...I don't always wear them tho and never do when I shave it off.

You can always take them out and put them back in. It won't have any impact on what you can or cannot do with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Seriously, that is so stupid. Then you either have to decide to keep your ears looking like that forever, or have surgery that essentially cuts off the lobe of your ear if you grow out of it. This and face tattoos are terrible decisions and people that have them are the people I dismiss most in life.

Face tattoos are another level...just below your Wife in some sort of neglige/Sanchez jersey.

My ears are pierced but like Whoah said I dont always have em in. I've lost many earrings lately now that I think about it.

Anyhow, go w/ the simple studs, if it suits you a hoop is fine (the small ones that hug your earlobe, not those Shaka Zulu hula hoops...lol)

No gauges/plugs unless you're a heavy metal singer/rock musician or hobo.... .

You're 20 man, do you.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Extremely hard to pulloff looking good with earings but it's your choice anyways.

I had my ear pierced when I was younger.

The "earings on men" thing is looooong over.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I had my ear pierced when I was younger.

The "earings on men" thing is looooong over.
    Yep, it was over after 1999