Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435364383 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    illini failing so hard... It's almost like after we get to a certain point we can't handle the pressure of being highly regarded. No words for why we are so terrible. Lebowski cast a spell on us.

-Smak
    They play hard but no depth inside, you need good bigs to be a good team in the Big Ten

McAdoo has been progressing all year.

People focus too much on stats and their unfair expectations (Bilas had a nice piece on ESPN this past week) based on a season which he essentially did nothing.

He needs to improve his handle and jump shot if he's going to continue to play the same style for his career, but his potential and growth has a player is obvious if you just watch the damn game.

Still effective, and he's really raw.

Loved the A-C-C chant at the end of game. Go to hell, Maryland.

I'll admit, I've been unfairly harsh on McAdoo at times. And he is getting better as the season progresses which is exactly what UNC needed. He went from being a top 5 pick in most mock drafts coming into the season to falling out of the lottery. He still has work to do, but he's starting to look more and more like what he was expected to be in the preseason. He legitimately outplayed and looked better than Alex Len today, and Len is someone who has shot up mock drafts this year to the top 5-10.

Note, I'm still pretty high on Len. I'm hoping if OKC doesn't trade Toronto's draft pick, it falls in the 4-6 range and Len is still on the board when we pick. Bring him off the bench for a few years and mold him behind Perkins.

And I know it's a home game, but Florida is making a statement against Missouri right now. I had a feeling they were on a different level than every other SEC team, and they're proving it so far today.

I got to go to the Pitt/UCONN game this afternoon. Solid win by Pitt but they almost let it slip away.

Ryan Boatright is going to be one hell of a player. He reminds me a lot of Kemba when he was an underclassman.

Louisville/Syracuse didn't disappoint. Louisville was in control most of the game but failed to execute in the final two minutes, missed some FT's before that, and it cost them.

Good win for Oregon.

I remember watching Tony Woods at Wake and he looked terrible. Not bad today.

I have to watch more of their games.

deshaun thomas gets buckets, nobody else for osu is a scoring threat though

the guy doing the color commentary is really annoying though. thomas is making really tough shots, but he keeps killing the msu defenders for making little mistakes, thomas is just playing great. the defense isnt perfect, but they are still forcing thomas into tough shots.
    Last edited by chips93; 01-19-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Big win for MSU. Can't really lose home games if you want to win the Big 10. Flew home just to catch the last bit of the game....now I can go to the movies in a happy mood.

Kelly Olynyk's game has come such a long way. He was a talented but inconsistent sophomore with little to no NBA prospects a few years ago but now he's got a really good shot at being a first round pick. Love his touch around the basket and his footwork in the paint. Canada is churning out NBA prospect after NBA prospect lately.

Zags-Butler needs to be a yearly thing.

One of the best college basketball games I have watched this season.

HOLY SHIT. What an ending... With an ending like that, it may have been the best basketball game I have watched all season, NBA or college. Wow. Definitely the best overall hoops day and I only caught the ending of the Bulls game. Everything else was all college ball.

Days like this reminds me why I love college basketball over all other sports.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 01-20-2013 at 12:19 AM.

And Butler pulls another "are you f***ing kidding me?" win out of their ass.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Brad Stevens really is a wizard

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Brad Stevens really is a wizard
    Just how he drew it up. Just like the Marquette "are you f***ing kidding me?" win in Maui.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Just how he drew it up. Just like the Marquette "are you f***ing kidding me?" win in Maui.
    the guy seriously has spell casting powers

and Barlow owes Jones a big ass steak or something