Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Rookies competing for ROTY can be compared to All-stars competing for MVP.

They didn't need a fluke. They were just consistently better and that's what matters.
    Actually no...It is well known that the competition for MVP is always stronger than competition for ROTY. Only 1st year players can compete for ROTY but any player is eligible to compete for MVP. You always see 4-5 guys that have a legit chance to win an MVP (not so much nowadays because Lebron is too dominating). ROY is most of the time a race between 2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Actually no...It is well known that the competition for MVP is always stronger than competition for ROTY. Only 1st year players can compete for ROTY but any player is eligible to compete for MVP. You always see 4-5 guys that have a legit chance to win an MVP (not so much nowadays because Lebron is too dominating). ROY is most of the time a race between 2 guys.
    Still, there is always an amount of players competing for ROTY and an amount for MVP. It's equal.

John Salmons says hi.
    He is the best scorer on the team but definately not the leader. Jennings is the one that sets his teammates and calls the plays. Salmons is simply the one that puts the ball in the basket. He isnt a vocal leader at all.

Still, there is always an amount of players competing for ROTY and an amount for MVP. It's equal.
    Its not equal. The amount of players competing for ROY is limited to about 60 players (i dont know how many rookies there is playing in the NBA) while MVP isnt.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

John Salmons says hi.
    Salmons MIGHT be the #3 leader on the team, but I'd argue against that.

Bogut
    Jennings
    Stackhouse

Are the Bucks "leaders" at the moment, in that order.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings won't win but deserves to be Rookie of Year

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    lol but Kidd is a pure PG, while Jennings is a scoring first PG, which is the problem.
    lolololololololol

Someone didn't watch Jennings past the first month of the season. While he isn't a "pure" point guard, he is usually looking to set his teammates up before setting up for his own shot.

And before anybody resorts to the shallow apg stat, you would also have to take into consideration how Skiles runs his offense, i.e. LOTS of ball movement. This is one of the reasons Bogut also doesn't have high assists numbers despite being an excellent passing center.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Why can't you grasp my point? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any credit. I'm saying his performance does not mean he automatically deserves the ROY award, which was the comment to which I responded.

There's a difference in giving a guy some credit, and giving him all the credit.
    Naaah, you have said many times or implied that he isn't in the same class as the other two guys. That it's outlandish to believe he's the best rookie, and it's not. Until you admit that (which you never will), I am going to disagree with you.

At least you are starting to see that he's not some shot jacking scrub.

To the person who said BJ is a scoring pg... he's not really. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he's not really used to the NBA style and he tries to find his shot early for the stretch run. He wont have to worry so much about finding his shot once he gets a little more experience. He will be able to just play his game and shoot with confidence.

The Bucks have a good squad, for sure, and Ridnour can be a better player than JEnnings if he's wetting or if Jennings is totally off (because he does lose his confidence when he starts going like 3-15), but I like the way the Bucks play with Jennings a lot.

I just think he needs more respect... he is, at worse, comparable to the other two 'elite guards'... that is you consider Curry elite at this point. Anyone who doesn't see that is just a hater.

And he will probably never shoot under 40% again.

-Smak

Default Rookie of the year being announced live in 1 hour

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/index.html

Guess it will be Tyreke

GJ son

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Rookie of the year being announced live in 1 hour

So if Jennings loses(it's probably going to happen) Friday will be stage for his revenge game and it will be a chance to advance. We will see how can the young buck really perform. Would be so great if a rookie dropped 50 in a close-out-revenge-for-not-winning-ROY game.

its to tyreke...
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuer
    So if Jennings loses(it's probably going to happen) Friday will be stage for his revenge game and it will be a chance to advance. We will see how can the young buck really perform. Would be so great if a rookie dropped 50 in a close-out-revenge-for-not-winning-ROY game.
    The award is for 82 games of the regular season. It's not about who will be better in the future, who might have the better career, or who happened to be on a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuer
    Cause we all know scoring 50 is easy.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Well deserved to Evans. He was the best overall rookie during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    The award is for 82 games of the regular season. It's not about who will be better in the future, who might have the better career, or who happened to be on a playoff team.
    no fcking sh!t...

Default Tyreke Evans wins Rookie of Year

As expected.

Evans received 67 first-place votes (491 points) from a panel of 123 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Golden State