Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Recruiting for next season

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    One of the better AAU tournaments started today, City of Palms Classic.
    http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/scores-stats.php

Big time recruits like Andrew Wiggins, D'Angelo Russell, Justin Jackson, Marcus Derrickson, Jahlil Okafor, and Kasey Hill are playing.

Wiggins stole the show with a 31 point, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks performance. He finished the game 15 of 22 from the field while being matched up with top 20 2014 target, Justin Jackson.

Eric Bossi, the head scout at Rivals, tweeted:

Telling you, McGrady on offense, Pippen on defense, with MJ's killer instinct. ...Only half kidding.
    At the high school level, he's probably ahead of any of them at the moment. Those players all became great as they matured into their 20's.

I just wish though he grows another inch or two, so he reaches Tmac size. He's already a very good size to play the SG in the NBA, but he would struggle as it is going against the more elite SFs like Granger, Gay, Iggy, Pierce and of course LeBron, guys who can post him up and back him down all the way to the rim. If he has the length of a Tmac, he doesn't need to gain as much weight to compete with those guys and keep the load off his knees for as long as possible. With length and height you can defend without matching strength.

In his two games he played well scoring and rebounding, but in both games combined he had 0 assists. I don't know if it's because of the fact that it's high school and he's so much better than the rest of the players, but playmaking/vision is one of those inherent skills in a player that are less likely to develop like shooting, defense, or post skills, so I wonder where he's at with respect to that. Any links to full games from the tournament?

Default Re: Recruiting for next season

I guess performance is thread bump worthy.

Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout
    Andrew Wiggins dropped 57 points on 24-for-28 shooting, per @FSOhioZJackson. That's efficient.

I should mention that just early today in an SI article his motor was questioned (which I think is absurd). He took note of it in a tweet, I think, and then played like that.

@Dave3 I didn't see your post and it's been a couple months...

I definitely agree that playmaking is not a strength of his. He's not... Well I hate to throw my own guy under the bus, but he's not Harrison Barnes either. He shown some unselfishness and passing ability in some of the games I've watched. Really, though, a lot of it has to do with that he can be unstoppable going to the rim at the high school level and he's the type of player that goes for points first.

I don't have any videos. Although some tournaments tend to have replays on their site. I'll look around.

This is from the Peach Jam.
    http://www.ihigh.com/peachjam/broadc...atus=completed

Search for CIA Bounce.

I strongly recommend this game against Julius Randle. Shows a good deal of his current offensive skill set (good and bad), his defensive ability against a guy bigger than what he will face in the NBA, and his ability to take over a game on both ends. The second half is where he starts to impose his talent.

http://www.ihigh.com/peachjam/broadc...?silverlight=1
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 02-08-2013 at 01:55 AM.