Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: HS basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    The kid I was playing against could not play basketball. I do not know why he was on the team.

It wasn't like he was put in the game with a minute left and a 30 point difference in score.

He was playing throughout the whole game. And he couldn't play basketball.

He'd get a pass sometimes and he'd just hold the ball or attempt to dribble and he can barely control the ball. He wouldn't really move around the court on offense. He'd basically just stand there.

I have no idea why he was playing. It was a pretty awkward position for me to be in guarding him.

I was thinking "should I take it easy on him? But he's just holding the ball out there... should I steal it?" "Alright, this is getting ridiculous, I'm taking it".
    your coach must have thought pretty highly of you. i don't know who should be more embarrassed, you or the retard

Default Re: HS basketball player passes ball to mentally challenged player on the other team

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    your coach must have thought pretty highly of you. i don't know who should be more embarrassed, you or the retard
    I was thinking the same thing.

You have to be a special kind of scrub to have the assignment of guarding the retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I was thinking the same thing.

You have to be a special kind of scrub to have the assignment of guarding the retard.
    My question is not why he was guarding, it's why you were in the game so much.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Beat me to it. Lockdown defender.

Nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My question is not why he was guarding, it's why you were in the game so much.
    Your attempt at humor actually saddens me.

No wonder you're a socially awkward loser with no friends.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Must be really embarrassing to get your first game action ever, have the school cheer your name, and get carried off the court.

Surprised he didn't kill himself afterward because he felt so terrible.
    this.

Wait till he gets older and realize they cheered his name and carried him off the court because he was a retard.

Like I mentioned earlier, the school did all this at his expense so the can feel good about themselves. The best thing to do is treat these individuals as equals to us.

Why are you guys even responding to Budadii? He ALWAYS responds negatively to everything else, except for Westbrook.

Anyway, it was a nice gesture for the kid on the other team to give him the ball. When I saw the photo of him being carried, I teared up. That one small basket means a lot to him.

Your attempt at humor actually saddens me.

No wonder you're a socially awkward loser with no friends.
    i think that would more describe the person who spends all day trying to annoy anonymous people on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Kid doesn't have shit on Javale

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    i think that would more describe the person who spends all day trying to annoy anonymous people on a message board.
    Well you basically just described yourself even though you annoy people unintentionally.

There were no good players on this team.

They had zero points at halftime.

ZERO.

We just matched up with the other person playing our position, and everybody on our team was playing.

And the kid wasn't obviously retarded. You only realized it once you started playing that this kid was special. He didn't start, but he was subbed in while I was still on the floor.
    Last edited by bmd; 02-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Well you basically just described yourself even though you annoy people unintentionally.
    Whatever you say....

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Like I mentioned earlier, the school did all this at his expense so the can feel good about themselves. The best thing to do is treat these individuals as equals to us.
    The kid had a passion that couldn't be realized because of his limitations. How are they that not treating him equally? They are using empathy and altruistic behaviour to give him the chance to fulfill a dream. Those are behavioral values we should strive for, not keeping people in predetermined boxes they can't escape from without help.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Heartwarming. What's his username on here?
    Al Thornton

Future D1 Dad

saw this on tv. great story.