Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Default Advice: how to live on $7.70/hour

Brought to you by McDonald's!

You only need to work 2 jobs, 80 hours a week and find $20/mo health insurance in America! Good luck!

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Advice: how to live on $7.70/hour

20 dollar a month health insurance!!!!!! Where do i sign up? I'm paying 100 a month for crap insurance and i'm in perfect health.

i see that gasoline and food are completely absent from this budget

80 hours a week?? Is that all !?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    Brought to you by McDonald's!

You only need to work 2 jobs, 80 hours a week and find $20/mo health insurance in America! Good luck!

Why dont you just live at home until youre making more than 7.70 per hour?

Not an option? What about taking out a loan and living in a dorm until you get a degree enabling you to make more than 7.70 an hour?

Have a child, cant live in a dorm? Why dont you move in with the person you had a child with and potentially double your household income?

I guess the question is, why are a grown adult making $7.70/hr and spending your precious free time on the internet complaining about it?

You know two hundred years ago, the richest king on earth didnt have a a phone, a car, a microwave, a television, a hot water faucet. Why arnt you thankful for the fact that even as a los income person you probably have access to all of these? Why do you feel you are entitled to X amount of money? Why are t you lookin in the mirror? Why is it societies fault to drag you forward? Why shouldnt your choices determine your consequences?

People who make threads like this are either < 20 years old, or simply pathetic losers.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Why dont you just live at home until youre making more than 7.70 per hour?

Not an option? What about taking out a loan and living in a dorm until you get a degree enabling you to make more than 7.70 an hour?

Have a child, cant live in a dorm? Why dont you move in with the person you had a child with and potentially double your household income?

I guess the question is, why are a grown adult making $7.70/hr and spending your precious free time on the internet complaining about it?

You know two hundred years ago, the richest king on earth didnt have a a phone, a car, a microwave, a television, a hot water faucet. Why arnt you thankful for the fact that even as a los income person you probably have access to all of these? Why do you feel you are entitled to X amount of money? Why are t you lookin in the mirror? Why is it societies fault to drag you forward? Why shouldnt your choices determine your consequences?

People who make threads like this are either < 20 years old, or simply pathetic losers.
    lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i see that gasoline and food are completely absent from this budget

Did cities across America shut downtheir public transportation and food assistance programs? I didnt hear about that! Would have thought thered be more news coverage for something that significant!

Bc Im SURE you wouldnt make baseless complaints just to look smart and cool (which youre not, remotely.)

Right??

Find a better paying job, and/or take on a second job.

talk about a shitty existence

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Did cities across America shut downtheir public transportation and food assistance programs? I didnt hear about that! Would have thought thered be more news coverage for something that significant!

Bc Im SURE you wouldnt make baseless complaints just to look smart and cool (which youre not, remotely.)

Right??
    funny you mention food assistance programs, right now members of the govt are attempting to completely destroy food assistance programs. they might exist now, but if certain powerful interests get their way food assistance will disappear soon.

so you are saying someone working 80 hours a week should be forced to rely on food stamps and public transportation to meet their basic needs? btw public transportation is not free.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

damn you guys pay 300$ for insurances and car payment? Talk about expensive...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I made less than 6 dollars an hour working at Kmart in the 90s. But that was long ago. I do know people making 8.50 and dont get full time hours who live on their own though.

Its not as impossible as its made out to be. Especially when you get like 210 a month in food stamps. It can be done without foodstamps once you have a car paid off.

But so many people on that level of pay will throw money away on drugs and 120 a month phone plans they end up not being able to make it on their own.

Properly done....its hard NOT to be able to get by in america. You just have little hope of doing more than continuing to exist.

Where exactly is rent at for $600?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    damn you guys pay 300$ for insurances and car payment? Talk about expensive...
    In what sh!tty town do you live in where the $ sign comes after the amount?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I made less than 6 dollars an hour working at Kmart in the 90s. But that was long ago. I do know people making 8.50 and dont get full time hours who live on their own though.

Its not as impossible as its made out to be. Especially when you get like 210 a month in food stamps. It can be done without foodstamps once you have a car paid off.

But so many people on that level of pay will throw money away on drugs and 120 a month phone plans they end up not being able to make it on their own.

Properly done....its hard NOT to be able to get by in america. You just have little hope of doing more than continuing to exist.
    It depends on where you live.

If you are living in the NY metro area it's going to be impossible. If you live in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin(or any middle of nowhere place) then it's probably not that difficult. Probably can get something for like $400 month. You would have to work like 50 hours a month to pay the rent.. Even without all the welfare it's extremely doable.

But if you have kids or dependents you can throw that idea away.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    It depends on where you live.

If you are living in the NY metro area it's going to be impossible. If you live in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin(or any middle of nowhere place) then it's probably not that difficult. Probably can get something for like $400 month. You would have to work like 50 hours a month to pay the rent.. Even without all the welfare it's extremely doable.

But if you have kids or dependents you can throw that idea away.
    He lives in the country. Where dirt roads are more common then sidewalks. Where driving down a road there arent many light poles. Lightning bugs and crickets are in abundance. Old ass Chevy's are parked in drive ways and have become "benches" for people to sit on, play cards and drink 40's. You can buy a house cheaper than Bobcats season tickets.