Default Chicago Bulls need better shooters

Jimmer Fredette to the Bulls seems like a perfect fit -- a round peg in a round hole.

The former BYU sensation is shooting 49.3 percent from 3-point land. The Bulls are 27th in 3-point shooting (34.1), 28th in field-goal percentage (42.7) and last in scoring offense (92.7).

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Chicago Bulls need better shooters

He can be this era's John Paxson/Steve Kerr for the Bulls

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    He can be this era's John Paxson/Steve Kerr for the Bulls
    Now if only the "Michael Jordan" of this Bulls era (D-Rose) can come back and stay healthy and if they can add a "Scottie Pippen".

[QUOTE=insidehoops]Jimmer Fredette to the Bulls seems like a perfect fit -- a round peg in a round hole.

The former BYU sensation is shooting 49.3 percent from 3-point land. The Bulls are 27th in 3-point shooting (34.1), 28th in field-goal percentage (42.7) and last in scoring offense (92.7).

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Well he's already active for today's game. He is not expected to play because he has not practiced with the team, but the Bulls are creating enough potential garbage time, that he might see a debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Well he's already active for today's game. He is not expected to play because he has not practiced with the team, but the Bulls are creating enough potential garbage time, that he might see a debut.
    Thibs didn't even play him the last 3 games even vs Memphis where the team struggled in their offense. I just wonder if Thibs trust him at all or where they better off signing a veterran like Q Richardson, or a Mikael Pietrus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Thibs didn't even play him the last 3 games even vs Memphis where the team struggled in their offense. I just wonder if Thibs trust him at all or where they better off signing a veterran like Q Richardson, or a Mikael Pietrus etc.

Unless we have injury depth issues or create garbage time, Jimmer wont play until he demonstrates that he understands where to be on the floor in Thibs playbook. We'll see him play a lot of minutes here and there, just not until Thibs thinks he's ready. Not any of the fans, not if Jimmer thinks he's ready, but if and when Thibadeau is ready.

Unless we have injury depth issues or create garbage time, Jimmer wont play until he demonstrates that he understands where to be on the floor in Thibs playbook. We'll see him play a lot of minutes here and there, just not until Thibs thinks he's ready. Not any of the fans, not if Jimmer thinks he's ready, but if and when Thibadeau is ready.
    I understand that. Very good coaches usually have that mindset, their teams are very disciplined and precised etc. Phil Jax refused to play any rookies during his time etc but I just wonder tho if Thibs would have preferred a "veteran". Somebody whose been on the NBA floor for atleast 7 + years etc. I could be mistaken but Mike James got to play right away...then again like you mentioned, it was a depth issue. Heck even Tony Snell probably would'nt play if Deng didn't get traded but like what the title of the thread, Bulls NEED better shooters, Jimmer provides that and it's not like he's a very weak defender.....

I understand that. Very good coaches usually have that mindset, their teams are very disciplined and precised etc. Phil Jax refused to play any rookies during his time etc but I just wonder tho if Thibs would have preferred a "veteran". Somebody whose been on the NBA floor for atleast 7 + years etc. I could be mistaken but Mike James got to play right away...then again like you mentioned, it was a depth issue. Heck even Tony Snell probably would'nt play if Deng didn't get traded but like what the title of the thread, Bulls NEED better shooters, Jimmer provides that and it's not like he's a very weak defender.....
    It has nothing to do with Jimmer's game. It has everything to do with Thibs game.

Plus, who is to say what the Bulls need? Everyone keeps throwing this around. Bulls need this, Bulls need that. If we're winning games now, then it's not anywhere close to being a need, it's about being a wish, or a want. This plays in Jimmer's favor, because it buys him time.

It has nothing to do with Jimmer's game. It has everything to do with Thibs game.

Plus, who is to say what the Bulls need? Everyone keeps throwing this around. Bulls need this, Bulls need that. If we're winning games now, then it's not anywhere close to being a need, it's about being a wish, or a want. This plays in Jimmer's favor, because it buys him time.
    I agree with you most of the time but I do think it's a "need" because the Bulls are not great in sustaining a great offensive flow against top defensive teams IMO. Yes, they will catch Miami at a bad stretch when Lebron struggles with his shooting while Augustine gets hot at the same time or they can win with the current rotation against "ave team of the East" but Im looking beyond that..in the playoffs.

I agree with you most of the time but I do think it's a "need" because the Bulls are not great in sustaining a great offensive flow against top defensive teams IMO. Yes, they will catch Miami at a bad stretch when Lebron struggles with his shooting while Augustine gets hot at the same time or they can win with the current rotation against "ave team of the East" but Im looking beyond that..in the playoffs.
    Then we're getting into a conversation about what will push the Bulls over the hump and to the next chapter. Jimmer, as promising as he is, is not that guy. He's good, and can help us, but even with Jimmer's contributions, that wont push us over the hump. That's why I think Thibs is taking the opportunity to break him into the system, especially when he has not played with the same scheme set, like DJ Augustine did(which is why that is an apples-orange comparison and I don't understand why people use it, not saying you are.)

When Thibs feels good about Jimmer, he is going to use him. It's pretty straight forward. And when Thibs gets excited to use a guy, he will use him a lot.

He showed good positioning in garbage time against the Spurs, but he also was slow to switch targets and lost his own teammates on the floor when he drove into traffic against a team's second unit. So when it comes to these "top defensive teams", Fredette has a lot of work to put in. The Bulls are a top defensive team, so it's not like the staff can't gage his progression in practice. Once he is comfortable in executing the schemes, he's going to see non-garbage playing time.