Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: what does the chandler trade make the thunder?

I don't see any improvement really. Tyson is a solid defender and rebounder, but he will be providing literally zero offense now that CP3 is not feeding him ally-oops.

I usually hit open layups

A young team with a brighter future.

Westbrook/Durant/Green/Chandler + free agency money & 5 first rounders in the next 2 drafts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I don't see any improvement really. Tyson is a solid defender and rebounder, but he will be providing literally zero offense now that CP3 is not feeding him ally-oops.
    +1.

He wont compliment Blake Griffin well in the front court.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

This is going to send the Hornets into a tailspin. Chris Paul already came out against it, I can well imagine the impact it will have on team morale. I have feeling the next few years are going to be ugly, and Paul will jump ship once his new deal expirers a few years down the road.

On the plus side the Thunder are looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    +1.

He wont compliment Blake Griffin well in the front court.
    Dude, Griffin isn't going to OKC...

I don't really see the reason for this deal other than money. That's all I can see...

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    This is going to send the Hornets into a tailspin. Chris Paul already came out against it, I can well imagine the impact it will have on team morale. I have feeling the next few years are going to be ugly, and Paul will jump ship once his new deal expirers a few years down the road.
    Overreacting much? What did Tyson Chandler do this season? Feel free to brainstorm and come up with something. Yanno kinda what people used to do in high school, college when writing papers. In short bullshyt me. The value of Tyson in N.O is far overrated after this trade has gone down. Tyson will miss Chris Paul more than the Hornets will miss Tyson. I gurantee it.

On the plus side the Thunder are looking great.
    Yes if we are into college basketball. They should be ranked #1. If we're talkin professional basketball? Then I'm going to ask you to piss in this cup. Random drug test my friend. Who is going to feed Tyson the ball on the Thunder? Thunder looks no different than teams who stock young talent and have some fans thinking only to have reality bite them in the ass. When the Thunder establish an identity. When they add established, proven players (be it starters and/or role players) mixing youth with vets then they would look great. For now? Enjoy them in the lottery for a few seasons until they do what I listed. Then they may get lucky and speed up the process. But I'm not taking that bet to Vegas.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

If Griffin is for real wouldn't that make OKC a sick team for future if they get him?

Banned

I think CP3 for some reason owes the city of New Orleans for supporting the Hornets just a few years ago even while some were still living in FEMA trailers.

Anyways you can't fault a guy for leaving if the team wont add the right pieces around him because they want to save money.

There hasnt been a NBA Champion in decades that wasnt up in the Luxury Tax range.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

I don't really see the reason for this deal other than money. That's all I can see...
    Where is Griffin going to go?

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. It all depends on how the ping pong balls fall. Or if they can finagle trading their plethora of first round picks for him.

No one can predict the order of the draft or who goes 1-2-3. Cut the Blake talk.

They will be just as bad

CP3 made Chandler the player he is or should i say was

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    a slightly less sh!tty team? chandler is an improvement over what they had, but i don't think this trade will cause any drastic improvements. chandler isn't all that good.
    I am a Chandler fan because he is a local guy and I've followed him since his HS days. Yes CP3 was able to get Tyson some great looks, but let's not act like Tyson can't catch lobs from his new teammates or score in other ways if his coach needs him to do those kinds of things.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Overreacting much? What did Tyson Chandler do this season? Feel free to brainstorm and come up with something. Yanno kinda what people used to do in high school, college when writing papers. In short bullshyt me. The value of Tyson in N.O is far overrated after this trade has gone down. Tyson will miss Chris Paul more than the Hornets will miss Tyson. I gurantee it.

Yes if we are into college basketball. They should be ranked #1. If we're talkin professional basketball? Then I'm going to ask you to piss in this cup. Random drug test my friend. Who is going to feed Tyson the ball on the Thunder? Thunder looks no different than teams who stock young talent and have some fans thinking only to have reality bite them in the ass. When the Thunder establish an identity. When they add established, proven players (be it starters and/or role players) mixing youth with vets then they would look great. For now? Enjoy them in the lottery for a few seasons until they do what I listed. Then they may get lucky and speed up the process. But I'm not taking that bet to Vegas.
    The impact of Tyson's departure will be much an emotional one, as much as it is an on court one. The fact that the team traded a core player (who was admittedly having a down year, but clearly important to the team) for a scrub and expiring contract is sending a huge message to the players that the ownership has no comittment to winning.

Do think you Paul is confident that Shin would pull the trigger on a deal to improve the team if he had to take a financial hit? Don't underestimate the impact that kind of situation (see: Clippers) can have on a team.

As for the on court matter: Wilcox is a 6'9 scrub that can't follow a play, and sells out constantly on defense. Chandler was extremely limited, but he was big, could block shots, rebound, and did what he was told to the best of his ability. Being a team first guy with great attitude is no small benefit.

As for the Thunder: I was speaking of their long term prospects. Obviously the team needs a playmaking SG (Hardin would be perfect) to run the offensive and let Westbrook play off ball, and a ton of expirence for the players to mature, before they even think of contending.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

He's in OKC for his defense and rebounding. He'll leave the scoring to Durant, Green and Westbrook.