Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Lingend is over

it seems like people judge Lin based on game to game basis.

During the Linsanity, they were praising him.

He plays one bad game and his entire career will stink.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    For Rockets, that's not true as far as salary cap. Gets spread evenly.

Wow, how quickly my fellow Knick fans say "Good riddance!!!" Wasn't it just three months ago we were cursing Dolan for not matching?

I hope he does great. But I always had some doubts if he could sustain. He does not have an NBA handle for a point guard.......
    I still am because that was a decision based on non basketball things. Plus Dolan is a total prick. I'll never like him. But Lin structured his contract to leave. This is the NY Knicks, you don't want to be here **** U and don't expect (like he does) hugs and kisses when you visit.

I think what's irking me about Lin lately is him trying to rewrite that he wanted to play heroically and no one let him (i have no issue he didn't play but he didn't try to play, that's just false) and that people seem to think NY wants him to return as a conquering hero. Maybe a week after he left, but that's done.

The Knicks totally ****ed up the Lin situation but i'm hard pressed to think he didn't want out the way things went down.

People expect too much from him too, he can't play breakneck and reckless for 35 minutes a night every night. He'll break down. He's not physically built that strong. He needs to play a slower style, which means 30/10 is not happening nor does it need to for him to be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People expect too much from him too, he can't play breakneck and reckless for 35 minutes a night every night. He'll break down. He's not physically built that strong. He needs to play a slower style, which means 30/10 is not happening nor does it need to for him to be a good player.
    We've seen players play at break neck speed. They've gotten injured at 1 point or another. D Rose most recently. And though tony Parker has never been seriously injured, watch him play to day in 2012 and compare it to 2003-2007. He's much less reckless today compared to past seasons.

Lin could reach 30 and 10 (after triple overtime lol)

I still am because that was a decision based on non basketball things. Plus Dolan is a total prick. I'll never like him. But Lin structured his contract to leave. This is the NY Knicks, you don't want to be here **** U and don't expect (like he does) hugs and kisses when you visit.

I think what's irking me about Lin lately is him trying to rewrite that he wanted to play heroically and no one let him (i have no issue he didn't play but he didn't try to play, that's just false) and that people seem to think NY wants him to return as a conquering hero. Maybe a week after he left, but that's done.

The Knicks totally ****ed up the Lin situation but i'm hard pressed to think he didn't want out the way things went down.
    I don't know. Part of me thinks maybe smart decision to let Lin go. I mean, Knicks are ready to win NOW...right now. Melo, Amare, Chandler are in their primes. Lin is still figuring his game out, and we know it doesn't mesh perfectly with Melo anyway......emotionally, though, I wanted Lin to come back....but intellectually, I think a motivated, in shape Felton could be better in short term. Felton's looking good so far in preseason. Felton is right in his prime with 6 years under his belt and has good NBA skillset......

I think both Knicks and Lin are to blame for the breakup. If Knicks really wanted Lin, why didn't they give him an offer? Why force Lin to get an offer from someone else? Didn't they know someone would give a loaded contract? What was Lin supposed to do, not sign the offer sheet? He only had ONE offer?

But from Lin's perspective...if he TRULY wanted New York, why didn't he go to Grunwald and say "Listen, I won't test free agent market if you give me a 4 year full MLE offer, with a player opt out after three. Otherwise, I'm testing the market". I think Knicks would do that. Lin gets less money, but no games and guaranteed New York.....

The whole thing was weird. But ultimately, could be better for Knicks for right now. But true, Dolan might have done right thing for the wrong reason.

I don't know. Part of me thinks maybe smart decision to let Lin go. I mean, Knicks are ready to win NOW...right now. Melo, Amare, Chandler are in their primes. Lin is still figuring his game out, and we know it doesn't mesh perfectly with Melo anyway......emotionally, though, I wanted Lin to come back....but intellectually, I think a motivated, in shape Felton could be better in short term. Felton's looking good so far in preseason. Felton is right in his prime with 6 years under his belt and has good NBA skillset......

I think both Knicks and Lin are to blame for the breakup. If Knicks really wanted Lin, why didn't they give him an offer? Why force Lin to get an offer from someone else? Didn't they know someone would give a loaded contract? What was Lin supposed to do, not sign the offer sheet? He only had ONE offer?

But from Lin's perspective...if he TRULY wanted New York, why didn't he go to Grunwald and say "Listen, I won't test free agent market if you give me a 4 year full MLE offer, with a player opt out after three. Otherwise, I'm testing the market". I think Knicks would do that. Lin gets less money, but no games and guaranteed New York.....

The whole thing was weird. But ultimately, could be better for Knicks for right now. But true, Dolan might have done right thing for the wrong reason.
    I agree 100%. The thing i don't get listening to Lin is he really seems to think he transcended the team. He is fully expecting a conquering hero's welcome. He's not getting that. If Kurt Thomas knocks him into the new garden ceiling the crowd will roar. This is not a minor league team, this is not small market we are just happy to be here. Once you leave you leave. It's the way it needs to be. He'll get his initial thank you ovation then we are going to try to **** you up.

Him talking like that is not the case irks me. I feel like he didn't get MSG and Knick fans at all.

Him talking like that is not the case irks me. I feel like he didn't get MSG and Knick fans at all.
    When did Lin say this?

When did Lin say this?
    Couple of places. Chinese papers. NBA TV talking to him when camp started. Same interviews where he says he's not yet ok. I'd like to put word for word but i don't remember, i remember sitting there with my wife and thinking he didn't get it. Sorry. His tone irks me. It also irked me when he said playing at MSG was "distracting" and that the fan attention bothered him, and there were a lot of freaky people around. (He said this after he signed in HOuston about if Linsanity would continue.) I remember being at MSG for Linsanity, and when asked about it i would have expected him to say it was amazing, and he said it was distracting. Maybe it was, but that's the first thing he remembered? i know it's unfair, but it feels like i ran into a good friend from high school and said "REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD?" and they told me "Nah, it was all pretty boring for me".

Basically i thought Lin was having the time of his life and listening to him now, it feels like he was planning an exit strategy. Makes me sad.

Couple of places. Chinese papers. NBA TV talking to him when camp started. Same interviews where he says he's not yet ok. I'd like to put word for word but i don't remember, i remember sitting there with my wife and thinking he didn't get it. Sorry. His tone irks me. It also irked me when he said playing at MSG was "distracting" and that the fan attention bothered him, and there were a lot of freaky people around. (He said this after he signed in HOuston about if Linsanity would continue.) I remember being at MSG for Linsanity, and when asked about it i would have expected him to say it was amazing, and he said it was distracting. Maybe it was, but that's the first thing he remembered? i know it's unfair, but it feels like i ran into a good friend from high school and said "REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD?" and they told me "Nah, it was all pretty boring for me".

Basically i thought Lin was having the time of his life and listening to him now, it feels like he was planning an exit strategy. Makes me sad.
    Players always do that. "Yeah, the city I was in was PRETTY good. But CURRENT CITY has the greatest fans in the world!! I can't wait to play here!!"

Probably just some of that........

Adbloock<3

Hello Class!

Redbagel just said Knicks are ready to win a ship right now, what are your reactions?

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Mario Chalmers pwned that hoe.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Hello Class!

Redbagel just said Knicks are ready to win a ship right now, what are your reactions?

Gonna be hard or them to make the final four. Making the elite eight is very likely though if they can stay a middle seed.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Gonna be hard or them to make the final four. Making the elite eight is very likely though if they can stay a middle seed.
    Stop using NCAA names for NBA playoffs. It's wrong and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Mario Chalmers pwned that hoe.
    Chalmers is a good defender surrounded by an array of very perimeter defenders who understand how to play team defense and rotate properly. Not that Lin is a player that will be collapsing many defenses but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    Stop using NCAA names for NBA playoffs. It's wrong and stupid.
    Final four.....conference finals. Same shit. But okay, point taken.