Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Any NHL fans? Teach me hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    We actually have an official NHL 2013 season thread. Please visit there.
    Just bumped it.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

Thanks, bro. I love that it's so much more fast paced than even basketball or football on offense. Everything happens fast and it's tense. Not to mention the game can change fast. Like, I can't believe Hossa scored with 2 seconds left after the Flames had just scored with 30 seconds left!
    You're going to want to go watch games. IMO the sport translates well to television, but whereas the TV focuses on maybe 1/3 of the ice at a time, in person is when you really start to realize how fast and explosive of a game it is. Seeing the entire ice can also help you get an appreciation for the game and you see a lot that you don't on TV. If you think it looks fast on TV, you'll be shocked at how quick it looks in person.

Not even just NHL hockey; Chicago has an AHL team (one step below NHL, they are ironically the Canucks' affiliate) as well as a USHL team (junior hockey - up to age 20). Those games will be quality and entertaining in their own right as well.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Damn Zac Rinaldo just destroyed BJ Crombeen. Rinaldo has been in a fight almost every game so far and i can't remember him losing any of them.

Da Mavs

Do most teams use a two goalie system? I've seen the Hawks switch around a lot with Emery and Crawford within and between games.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Do most teams use a two goalie system? I've seen the Hawks switch around a lot with Emery and Crawford within and between games.
    If they have a good backup they will tend to play them like that, however the frequency has probably increased because of the shortened season. Teams need to get both goalies prepared for the playoffs just incase anything happens to the other goalie.