Default Re: Wow, Perry Jones to the Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    It's spelled Nazr, genius

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Add that there are concerns about his knee and that basketball is not his first love. He switched when he became too tall for football. Does not have good court sense or a lick of toughness. Destined for nothing but talk about his "potential".
    19-20 year olds tend to grow up occasionally. The pick was very low-risk for the Thunder and OKC will be a great place for someone, who is supposedly passive at times, to grow as a person and a player. He will be around a culture and players who are competitive and work very hard. If he sticks with them and he's talented enough, which it looks like he is, then I see no reason to believe he can't be a good player in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    19-20 year olds tend to grow up occasionally. The pick was very low-risk for the Thunder and OKC will be a great place for someone, who is supposedly passive at times, to grow as a person and a player. He will be around a culture and players who are competitive and work very hard. If he sticks with them and he's talented enough, which it looks like he is, then I see no reason to believe he can't be a good player in the future.
    Agreed that kids will grow up. Whether this particular one will develop an entirely different mind set, learn to handle contact, find a nightly passion for the game that he didn't show in college, and not break down physically are things that only time will tell.