Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    not really. once you scratch lebron and compare the others 3 achievements & longevity Kareems name instantly appears as the obvious choice
    Longevity... you are right. I'll have to edit my post.
    (BTW, we have no idea as to LeBron's longevity yet.)

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    If I don't know how they will pan out:

1. Kareem
    2. LeBron
    3. Bird
    4. MJ

If I do:

1. Bird
    2/a Kareem
    2/b MJ
    3. LeBron

That's my final answer.
    could you possibly explain a little bit why you would choose Bird over Kareem who you had number 1 if you didnt know?

Longevity... you are right. I'll have to edit my post.
    (BTW, we have no idea as to LeBron's longevity yet.)
    its ok we can scratch lebrons name right away based on other facts my friend. I wouldn't want to build around a guy that would back stab my franchise for starters

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    could you possibly explain a little bit why you would choose Bird over Kareem who you had number 1 if you didnt know?
    I didn't take longevity into account first, just peak play and impact on team. I started watching in 1980 and from what I've seen, Bird's peak was better than anyone else's not named Shaq. But I didn't see 70s Kareem... so I don't know.

And longevity is important, I just totally forgot about it the first time, hence the EDIT. In other words: I fu(ked up the first two times I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    its ok we can scratch lebrons name right away based on other facts my friend. I wouldn't want to build around a guy that would back stab my franchise for starters
    Yeah... and losing the 2013 Finals against the 8th seed of the West didn't help his case either.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I didn't take longevity into account first, just peak play and impact on team. I started watching in 1980 and from what I've seen, Bird's peak was better than anyone else's not named Shaq. But I didn't see 70s Kareem... so I don't know.

And longevity is important, I just totally forgot about it the first time, hence the EDIT. In other words: I fu(ked up the first two times I tried.
    I never really think about injuries, but what if you took that into consideration as well? Bird was more injury prone than Jordan, LBJ and Kareem.

It's just one game but if you didn't click it check this out...1977 kareem scores 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aLu4oc2WeY

In today's league?

1. Kareem
    2. Jordan
    3. LeBron
    4. Bird

Yeah... and losing the 2013 Finals against the 8th seed of the West didn't help his case either.

KAJ
    MJ
    Bird

gap

1a.Scalabrine
    1b.LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Lol idk if you're being sarcastic or not but would love to hear your opinion if you can make up your mind

Known on here as a LeBron fan right? Guessing you'd choose him. Which I can respect LeBron is a ****ing monster. Need to see him play before he retires
    I am a fan of Lebrons game.... just like i am a huge fan of Jordans, Kareems and especially Birds game.....

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    KAJ
    MJ
    Bird

gap

1a.Scalabrine
    1b.LeBron
    I seriously love your posts. Used to annoy me but I always laugh now

Knowing how their careers went and taking health, longetivity and dominance into consideration... Toss up between Jordan and Kareem with Bron right behind them. I wwould scratch Bird from consideration because of his chronic back problems.

Final list...

1a. Jordan
    1b. KAJ
    2. LeBron
    3. Bird

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Kareem probably has the GOAT college career. Bird had an excellent one as well.

Considering college is typically where talent is scouted....

Kareem - Easiest to build around a big. At 7'2" yeah he's pretty much the epitome of a big. Had the agility of a guard too. Excellent defender and rebounder with a great offensive game. Can't go wrong here.

Bird - Elite court vision and shooting ability. I'm thinking Bird would have been like a 35ppg scorer had there been a 3 point line.

Both MJ and Lebron athleticism were just clearly ahead of the field as prospects. Lebron as a high school phenom in a man's body and MJ as the majestic high flyer. Lebron had the hype as the Magic v2 so probably Lebron over MJ in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Kareem probably has the GOAT college career. Bird had an excellent one as well.

Considering college is typically where talent is scouted....

Kareem - Easiest to build around a big. At 7'2" yeah he's pretty much the epitome of a big. Had the agility of a guard too. Excellent defender and rebounder with a great offensive game. Can't go wrong here.

Bird - Elite court vision and shooting ability. I'm thinking Bird would have been like a 35ppg scorer had there been a 3 point line.

Both MJ and Lebron athleticism were just clearly ahead of the field as prospects. Lebron as a high school phenom in a man's body and MJ as the majestic high flyer. Lebron had the hype as the Magic v2 so probably Lebron over MJ in this case.