Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    You're a ****ing idiot if you don't think LeBron can pass Jordan.

Also, I love Open Court. Gonna DVR this whole season. good lookin out OP.
    I think ur the idiot for thinking he has a shot

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Lebron already has more failures and lows than Jordan had in his entire carer, especially in the playoffs. And at that level, it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Huh? I think there's no chance Kobe and Duncan can become GOAT unless they all of a sudden become greater players then they ever were and keep it up for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    I think you can realistically cross Kobe and Duncan off that list. Unless they can improve upon their prime selfs - which I find unlikely - and somehow maintain that for 3-4 years, or continue their current level for another 10, I don't see it happening.
    I'm just trying to name everybody who has even a remote shot at being considered GOAT (except for guys who haven't been in the league long enough). The likelihoods are very small for some, but there's still a remote possibility that needs to be addressed.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

He is capable of passing Mike, talent-wise. Yet he won't.

Local High School Star

Charles Barkley just says whatever pops into his head at the time, he never thinks things through. It might make him entertaining to some, but it makes him lousy as a credible analyst.

[QUOTE=Charles Barkley- post-"The Decision"]He

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owl
    Charles Barkley just says whatever pops into his head at the time, he never thinks things through. It might make him entertaining to some, but it makes him lousy as a credible analyst.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/201...hip-at-age-25/

There's no consistency and no thought going into what he says.
    That was his immediate and emotional response to the decision and how it made him feel about Lebron's competitiveness or whatever, more so than his judgement of Lebron as player.

As far as his judgement of Lebron as a player, he's always though of him as an amazing player (though he has of course criticized Lebron when he deserved it...like in the 2011 Finals).

Jordan isn't god. I'm pretty sure another player WILL pass him up at some point.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    He can pass Jordan, but I'm sure he isn't passing KOBE!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

If Lebron can win 4 or 5 rings while being this dominant he absolutely has a case as the GOAT so not sure why people bitch about stuff like this. Sure Jordan was a killer and Lebron was mentally weak but bottom line is production, success and impact and Lebron is already there with Jordan in two of them. Once he has more career and individual success.. another decade as an elite player could push him to that top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Lebron can win 4 or 5 rings while being this dominant he absolutely has a case as the GOAT so not sure why people bitch about stuff like this. Sure Jordan was a killer and Lebron was mentally weak but bottom line is production, success and impact and Lebron is already there with Jordan in two of them. Once he has more career and individual success.. another decade as an elite player could push him to that top spot.
    It's because a lot of people here hate Lebron.

Also, like in politics, and everything else in life, people here have aligned themselves with a particular other player (Jordan, Kobe, Wilt, etc.) who they feel is the GOAT. As such, for whatever reason, even though these players will never give a shit about them, they take any slight PERSONALLY.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Lebron already has more failures and lows than Jordan had in his entire carer, especially in the playoffs. And at that level, it matters.
    True, you pretty much have to have the perfect career to pass Jordan. So, hypothetically speaking if Lebron does win X amount of MVPs/titles and he's compared to Jordan, ppl will still bring up his '11 Finals performance/ his '10 Celtics performances etc.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

LeBron's probably the best player since MJ, but he's not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    True, you pretty much have to have the perfect career to pass Jordan. So, hypothetically speaking if Lebron does win X amount of MVPs/titles and he's compared to Jordan, ppl will still bring up his '11 Finals performance/ his '10 Celtics performances etc.
    Thing is, Jordan didn't have a perfect career. He failed multiple times before he started winning. Probably the two players who have had anything close to "perfect" careers are Bill Russell and Magic.

I'm trying to figure out how Lebron has already supplanted Kobe Bryant because of 1 championship. I mean, people have pretty much thrown out Kobe in an all-time great discussion because of the fact that Lebron is "bigger, stronger, and faster" as if that should be a deciding factor in a Lebron vs. Jordan discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Thing is, Jordan didn't have a perfect career. He failed multiple times before he started winning. Probably the two players who have had anything close to "perfect" careers are Bill Russell and Magic.
    The Bulls losing to superior teams doesn't mean MJ failed individually.