Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: So, who here doesn't believe in evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I want to say this is way overblown though...I grew up in Dallas went to school here at every level and in science class we were shown the theory of evolution and NOT Adam and Eve.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...lassrooms.html

[Quote]
    The Texas state Board of Education is in the process of adopting new science textbooks that will be used in public schools for the next decade. On Tuesday, the board held its first hearing for public comment on which textbooks should be adopted. Creationists came out in full force and demanded that

Very good NBA starter

Texas, we have a problem...

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

If creationism is taught to my son in ANY classroom I will remove him from that school...that's just flat out ignorant bull shit, but it is saying right now some people are "causing controversy" because evolution and climate change ARE in the science books currently

Rick Perry is a complete fcking retard...that man makes Bush Jr look like Einstein. It's just impossible to defend him. Only reason extreme over the top conservatives like that are in power here is because they have extreme wealth, and that shit needs to end already.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

If creationism is taught to my son in ANY classroom I will remove him from that school...that's just flat out ignorant bull shit, but it is saying right now some people are "causing controversy" because evolution and climate change ARE in the science books currently
    Reminds me of this video, those people are nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0fPDnjZpz0

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time

wow, not sure where that is but I know it's somehwere in the DEEP south...it says he is forced to teach evolution though, but he "struggles" due to everyone's religious beliefs...so at least the state got it right, it's just being fcked up on a local level

wow, not sure where that is but I know it's somehwere in the DEEP south...it says he is forced to teach evolution though, but he "struggles" due to everyone's religious beliefs...so at least the state got it right, it's just being fcked up on a local level
    I think that is part of the problem, even if it is state mandated at the local level teachers may still try to find ways to undermine evolution or promote creationism.

This is the school http://rchs.rheacounty.org/?PageName=%27Directions%27 it is in Tennessee.

Banned

schools already teach a lot of history incorrectly but not teaching evolution is beyond retarded.
    there's a book called lies my teacher told me that;'s pretty good
    Last edited by outbreak; 11-14-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    At no point. People are entitled to whatever they want to believe. Nothing I say is going to change that .
    Again it isn't about what people believe but what they understand. Now part of the problem has been that I've tried to put religion and science on even ground. But you are right, interpretation of religious belief is entirely up to the individual and they have the right to believe what they want. However science is far less interpretive than religion. When understanding a well grounded scientific theory there is very little room for interpretation. It doesn't matter if you believe it is true or not, but the details of the theory are very specific.

If I gave you an explanation as to why the moon shines (we'll call it "moon shining theory") it could be wrong but the points within the theory can only be interpreted one way. There is only one way you can interpret "the moon shines because it is reflecting light from the Sun towards the Earth." You don't have to believe it, you just have to understand it. If you then turned around and told me that moon shining theory stated "the moon shines because it reflects light back from Earth" I would correct you and tell you that the theory doesn't state that at all. You can't believe a scientific theory says something it doesn't. You can only accept the theory or not. When people say a theory says something it doesn't they are wrong.

Belief and understanding are two different things and when people don't understand something you are within your rights to correct them.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Carbon-14 dating = horribly inconsistent, inaccurate "scientific" tool we're talking WAY off lmao

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

Oh theyre making Rambo 5 with the title of
    First Blood again,yes!

To put this simply,out of all the historical inaccuracies and flat out lies the US teaches in schools,
    this would be the worst.

School,government,laws should not have to and should not include religous beliefs and their cutoms in them.

What's next,there were no Dinosaurs.The Earth isn't billions of years old.Humns,more specifically homo sapiens aren't 350,000 years old.

If somebody teaches kids that all humans came from Adam and Eve wit Eve created from the rib of Adam,the Earth is only 5000 years old,and Evolution doesn't exist even though there is clear scientific evidence that it does,

somebody should sue the ever living crap out of the people who institute those teachings and who teach them.

I used to not believe in Evolution, but then I saw Charmander evolve into Charmeleon and my world changed.

NBA rookie of the year

And yet some people wonder why the south is the poorest part of America?

Edit
    Also that girl who said evolution is not even a theory, and isnt proven She is lucky she is decent looking.

Afterwards says we must have been made by god

The teacher: I believe I give the evolution point of view equal time with the creationism POV.... How could I say to a student your ideas are trash? keep them out of this room I dont want to hear them.

So what if these kids wanted to believe that arsenic was good for you?

This guy is a science teacher.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-15-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    And yet some people wonder why the south is the poorest part of America?
    Religion man, it keeps people in a box and emotionally persuades them to vote against their best interests.

Top 1 Bball Mind.