Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Default Re: As the season wears on, the angrier I get at Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    lol suns not making the playoffs so thats not happening/

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

kobe is still a top 5 player in the league. even when he struggles at times, he's still one of the best.

has he lost a little? yep, but that is what happens when you get older and go and a 3 year run that maybe 5 players all time have done. 3 straight finals appearances, a gold medal, two straight titles, two finals mvps, and an mvp award.

just an amazing run. just amazing.

if kobe wants to remain an elite player for the next few years.....he'll have to change his game a bit. but this has been true for a while now. he's not good enough to be a volume shooter and win titles unless his teammates are really playing well. the lakers really had no business winning the finals last year based on his play....(shot jacking/volume shooting/ball stopping/terrible 4th qtr play/awful game 7). Kobe won that series mainly because his team was better.

And that will be the rub. Is kobe willing to stop jacking shots? He's been very fortunate so far in his career to get away with it, but shooting 40% on high volume just won't get it done now or in the future. The rest of the NBA is starting to improve and create elite teams like the Lakers have had for Kobe's entire career.

The Heat/Thunder/Magic/Mavs/Spurs/Celtics are all going to be tough as hell going forward both now and in the future.

But no matter what happens kobe has rightfully earned his place among the greatest to ever play. Having 11 or 12 elite years is amazing and more than enough time to be an all time great.

You all know i think he's over-rated, but he's still an amazing player and is still one of the best in the league now and ever.

I just hope he finally learns to use his teammates. Taking 27 shots last night is laughable. Just laughable.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Another Kobe hater using a gimmick account to propagate his agenda!
    I don't see anyone calling out Wade for missing 12 straight shots? Or call out Lebron/Wade when they had their share of bad games early on this season.

These Leborn/Jordan trolls are a joke.
    @ this bum thinking everyone is border line retards creating troll accounts. Just cause you do it, dont throw everyone under the same boat f@g.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    Isnt ginobilli the guy who says kobe is the 3rd best SG behind wade and Ginobilli? hell no.

and whats the lakers record over the last 10 games? look at the FG% of the rest of the team. come on now, dont come to a gun fight w/ a sling shot
    So because the Lakers are not winning in FASHION, but Kobe is scoring with over 50% shooting in the 10 games before the last 2 games. It results in a thread comparing Kobe to Jordan and how kobe should never be compared to the greats?

What does that have to do with LA losing? Admit it, you are not a LA fans. You are a troll, and a bad one at it.

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

So because the Lakers are not winning in FASHION, but Kobe is scoring with over 50% shooting in the 10 games before the last 2 games. It results in a thread comparing Kobe to Jordan and how kobe should never be compared to the greats?

What does that have to do with LA losing? Admit it, you are not a LA fans. You are a troll, and a bad one at it.
    What is their record? you failed to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    kobe is still a top 5 player in the league. even when he struggles at times, he's still one of the best.

has he lost a little? yep, but that is what happens when you get older and go and a 3 year run that maybe 5 players all time have done. 3 straight finals appearances, a gold medal, two straight titles, two finals mvps, and an mvp award.

just an amazing run. just amazing.

if kobe wants to remain an elite player for the next few years.....he'll have to change his game a bit. but this has been true for a while now. he's not good enough to be a volume shooter and win titles unless his teammates are really playing well. the lakers really had no business winning the finals last year based on his play....(shot jacking/volume shooting/ball stopping/terrible 4th qtr play/awful game 7). Kobe won that series mainly because his team was better.

And that will be the rub. Is kobe willing to stop jacking shots? He's been very fortunate so far in his career to get away with it, but shooting 40% on high volume just won't get it done now or in the future. The rest of the NBA is starting to improve and create elite teams like the Lakers have had for Kobe's entire career.

The Heat/Thunder/Magic/Mavs/Spurs/Celtics are all going to be tough as hell going forward both now and in the future.

But no matter what happens kobe has rightfully earned his place among the greatest to ever play. Having 11 or 12 elite years is amazing and more than enough time to be an all time great.

You all know i think he's over-rated, but he's still an amazing player and is still one of the best in the league now and ever.

I just hope he finally learns to use his teammates. Taking 27 shots last night is laughable. Just laughable.
    great post

I agree Kobe is gonna have to change his style of play and stop jacking up shots. His teammates are talented Gasol, Odom who has been consistent this season and Bynum.

and Phil is gonna have to call out Kobe or have a 1 on 1 meeting with him

Let me start off that 1.I am a proud laker fan. Kobe bryant is my favorite player b/c of his pure skill and toughness. I am a lakers fan 1st, 3kobe bryant fan 2nd.And the fact that he does not act like the typical star athlete- go out to parties every night, make statements on issues he doesnt have an educated opinion on, and go out of his way to proclaim himself as the greatest thing since the wheel.

However, watching that game last night just goes to show why Kobe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the larry birds, the magic johnsons, the jordans, chamberlins, etc. Out of all those players I mentioned, none of them would have been playing this poorly this season. He may be putting up respectable stats compared to any other player, however stats do not tell everything.2 The few games ive been able to catch, I can tell Kobe is essentially a shell of his former self. His game is built on taking these impossible shots, and in his prime he was probably the greatest impossible shot maker of all time. No, Jordan rarely took bad shots. He did not need to. Jordan could get anywhere on the court whenever he wanted.

I will tell you one thing, none of the legends i mentioned would have missed 13 shots in a row. They would have been smart enough to quit shooting and focus on the other parts of the game such as defense, rebounding, facilitating, or just being an enforcer. None of the legends I mentioned would be putting up stats like this at the age of 32.
    And another thing, Magic and Bird did not have to take 27 shots to be effective. 4They could dominate a game taking 9 shots- bc they were the most versatile players of all time. And idk if Jordan could dominate a game taking as many shots as Magic or Bird, however I think he would be smart enough to sacrifice shots and focused on other aspects of the game if in case his shot just wasnt there that night.

Kobe bryant is just stubborn, and being too caught up in catching Jordan. If he wants people to even consider him in the top 10, he needs to change his identity. 5He needs to transition from this 35 ppg scorer to a 20 7 and 8 guy w/ a couple blocks and steals per game. And in the big games regardless whether it is playoffs or regular season, needs to play smarter. 6He almost cost us game 7 last year b/c he went into DA mode, if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get out of the 1st round. He already had a helping hand in cost us a dynasty w/ getting shaq sent away. Not to make Shaq look innocent himself, but Kobe could have risen above it. Magic got to the lakers and it was Kareems team. Kobe should have taken what Magic did to heart and done it w/ shaq.

The other greats were coachable. MJ was heading down Kobe's way for awhile there. But luckily 2 things happened: 1) the Bad Boy pistons. You are talking about one of the greatest defenses in the history of basketball to do what they did to Jordan who is the greatest scorer ever. After losing year after year he knew that he was going to have to help develop his teamates. 2) Phil Jackson managed to coach him into trusting his teamates. If only Kobe was that coachable. But I guess I would be asking too much from a guy who has a shot selection that would make Stevie Wonder look like Magic Johnson
    Damn Trolls these days...

{1}Proud Laker Fan but you only {2}watch a few games? (Wierd, Maybe very busy?)

{3} Kobe fan second and a Laker fan first but nowhere did you mention the the other key reasons of the Lakers past few disappointments. (Must have skipped his mind)

{4} 9 Shots from Magic, Jordan, Bird? (Maybe he missed those games also)

{5} 35 PPG to 20/7/8? ( The Only time Kobe ever scored 35 ppg was in 06-07 season.... and he is averaged 27/5/5 last year....)

{6} I cant excuse this.... YOU DID NOT WATCH THE ****ING FINALS CAUSE IF YOU DID YOU WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THE ONLY PERSON THAT SHOT OVER 40% THAT GAME WAS FISHER. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KOBE AND HIS OTHER TEAM MATES WAS THAT HE HAD 15 ****ING REBOUNDS AND DID NOT MISS HALF HIS FREETHROWS.

NOW GTFO

Banned

What is their record? you failed to mention that.
    Before the last two losses to Miami and Spurs, they won 8 of their last 10 games.

I rule the local playground

Overall, great post. I agree with much of what was said though I don't know if Kobe going 20-8-8 is really possible. Kobe going 23-7-7 seems more possible/beneficial for the team.

Saw a basketball once

Let me start off that I am a proud laker fan. Kobe bryant is my favorite player b/c of his pure skill and toughness. I am a lakers fan 1st, kobe bryant fan 2nd.And the fact that he does not act like the typical star athlete- go out to parties every night, make statements on issues he doesnt have an educated opinion on, and go out of his way to proclaim himself as the greatest thing since the wheel.

However, watching that game last night just goes to show why Kobe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as the larry birds, the magic johnsons, the jordans, chamberlins, etc. Out of all those players I mentioned, none of them would have been playing this poorly this season. He may be putting up respectable stats compared to any other player, however stats do not tell everything. The few games ive been able to catch, I can tell Kobe is essentially a shell of his former self. His game is built on taking these impossible shots, and in his prime he was probably the greatest impossible shot maker of all time. No, Jordan rarely took bad shots. He did not need to. Jordan could get anywhere on the court whenever he wanted.

I will tell you one thing, none of the legends i mentioned would have missed 13 shots in a row. They would have been smart enough to quit shooting and focus on the other parts of the game such as defense, rebounding, facilitating, or just being an enforcer. None of the legends I mentioned would be putting up stats like this at the age of 32.
    And another thing, Magic and Bird did not have to take 27 shots to be effective. They could dominate a game taking 9 shots- bc they were the most versatile players of all time. And idk if Jordan could dominate a game taking as many shots as Magic or Bird, however I think he would be smart enough to sacrifice shots and focused on other aspects of the game if in case his shot just wasnt there that night.

Kobe bryant is just stubborn, and being too caught up in catching Jordan. If he wants people to even consider him in the top 10, he needs to change his identity. He needs to transition from this 35 ppg scorer to a 20 7 and 8 guy w/ a couple blocks and steals per game. And in the big games regardless whether it is playoffs or regular season, needs to play smarter. He almost cost us game 7 last year b/c he went into DA mode, if he keeps playing like this we will be lucky to get out of the 1st round. He already had a helping hand in cost us a dynasty w/ getting shaq sent away. Not to make Shaq look innocent himself, but Kobe could have risen above it. Magic got to the lakers and it was Kareems team. Kobe should have taken what Magic did to heart and done it w/ shaq.

The other greats were coachable. MJ was heading down Kobe's way for awhile there. But luckily 2 things happened: 1) the Bad Boy pistons. You are talking about one of the greatest defenses in the history of basketball to do what they did to Jordan who is the greatest scorer ever. After losing year after year he knew that he was going to have to help develop his teamates. 2) Phil Jackson managed to coach him into trusting his teamates. If only Kobe was that coachable. But I guess I would be asking too much from a guy who has a shot selection that would make Stevie Wonder look like Magic Johnson
    GTFO you ****ing troll

Before the last two losses to Miami and Spurs, they won 8 of their last 10 games.
    and you do know that most of the teams they played were under .500% right?

Just checking

Another Kobe hater using a gimmick account to propagate his agenda!
    I don't see anyone calling out Wade for missing 12 straight shots? Or call out Lebron/Wade when they had their share of bad games early on this season.

These Leborn/Jordan trolls are a joke.
    Just shut the **** up, I can't read the stuff you write anymore. I mean are you kidding me? The whole front page was filled with Heat Hater threads after the Dallas loss and 9-8 start. Nobody calls them out? They get called out all the time now although they are on a roll.

To the OP- yes, Kobe has been struggling, and he is receiving hate because instead of distributing, playing hard defense, and doing all the other things he is just chucking, I think he will find his way in a month or two and hopefully things get on track for him and the Lakers.

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N0Skillz
    Damn Trolls these days...

{1}Proud Laker Fan but you only {2}watch a few games? (Wierd, Maybe very busy?)

{3} Kobe fan second and a Laker fan first but nowhere did you mention the the other key reasons of the Lakers past few disappointments. (Must have skipped his mind)

{4} 9 Shots from Magic, Jordan, Bird? (Maybe he missed those games also)

{5} 35 PPG to 20/7/8? ( The Only time Kobe ever scored 35 ppg was in 06-07 season.... and he is averaged 27/5/5 last year....)

{6} I cant excuse this.... YOU DID NOT WATCH THE ****ING FINALS CAUSE IF YOU DID YOU WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THE ONLY PERSON THAT SHOT OVER 40% THAT GAME WAS FISHER. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KOBE AND HIS OTHER TEAM MATES WAS THAT HE HAD 15 ****ING REBOUNDS AND DID NOT MISS HALF HIS FREETHROWS.

NOW GTFO
    1) yes i have a life. its called school, family, friends.
    2)What are the other reasons? Gasol being soft as hell against KG? of course that was a reason
    3)Maybe you dont know these guys, but they didnt have to try and score 30 pts a game. They actually had well rounded games. Jordan got his 30 but im sure he could have beat larry and magic at their own games. he has huge hands to help him do the job.
    4) If his teamates got the ball more and got their offense going do you think that celtic defense would have stopped Odom, Bynum, Gasol, and the others at once? you give the celtic defense too much credit.

now you, shut the hell up

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    Overall, great post. I agree with much of what was said though I don't know if Kobe going 20-8-8 is really possible. Kobe going 23-7-7 seems more possible/beneficial for the team.

Kobe just needs to learn how to play with his teammates

**** THE STATS as long as they are winning which they're not doing now

Kobe has Bynum, Gasol, Odom all good scorers and he is still struggling to shot over 50% that is horrible. Not even my boy Beasley is gonna put up nasty chucking shots like that.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama
    Thats asking too much from his old self. 20pts/8assists/3 rebounds would work wonders for him and the team. Less energy on his part while he gets everybody else involved. But his BALL IQ is VERY QUESTIONABLE and old habits die hard.
    Last edited by ashbelly; 12-29-2010 at 06:46 PM.