Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Eh, from a Spurs fan and NBA fan's perspective, I don't really care. NBA players are NBA players. Half the people on this board think the Spurs are boring and emotionless anyways, perhaps the most boring in the league, it's funny to see folks all of a sudden throw a fit when the players that give them that rep are benched. Won't it be refreshing to see some of the Spurs younger players play vs. the old geezers that make up the Spurs starting line up? .... Maybe we'll see some some alley-oops guys!

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

If one of Splitter or Blair doesn't get 20/10 in this game I'll be surprised. Both of them are capable with the Spurs Big 3 out.

Neal for 30 points please...

Decent playground baller Apogee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Eh, from a Spurs fan and NBA fan's perspective, I don't really care. NBA players are NBA players. Half the people on this board think the Spurs are boring and emotionless anyways, perhaps the most boring in the league, it's funny to see folks all of a sudden throw a fit when the players that give them that rep are benched. Won't it be refreshing to see some of the Spurs younger players play vs. the old geezers that make up the Spurs starting line up? .... Maybe we'll see some some alley-oops guys!
    The spurs may be boring but they are one of the most consistent and efficient teams to date. This game would have been awesome as we get to see how the Heat match up with the spurs. Now all we get is the big 3 vs. a bench.

Pop is the greatest and I never doubt his methods but damn mother****er this game was gunn be good

Stuff like that is why I get annoyed with Popovich. I think he's great and I love his approach. I love the way his teams play. I love that character. I love that he has the balls to sit out his big 3, even with a massive win streak on the line.

But this is ridiculous. Green is like 25/26. Parker is 30. Manu NEEDS to play. They're already missing Leonard and Jackson. Stuff like this is bad for basketball. Sorry, but it's bullshit and players know it.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Im gonna go out on a limb and say this will be the regular season game that Nando De Colo's name will be heard around the nba. I say regular season, because his buzzer beater during preseason had a few people talking about him.

Decent playground baller Apogee's Avatar

Also should every team rest their starters every time they go on a road trip. If that where the case we would have shitty games all over the place. Imagine if the Heat had sat their starters for the Denver game when we flew in at 5am..
    Everyone would be pissed.

I blame the NBA and Stern for this stupid ass scheduling. Shit makes no sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Neal for 30 points please...

Patty for 30
    Last edited by BuffaloBill; 11-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Banned

they have patty mills anyway and he's good for at least 30 pts given parker's minutes

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Usually I'm ok with Popovich doing this from time to time. But for a game like this, one of those "possible NBA Finals preview" games on national TV, and he sends his three best players home and another starter? Sorry, but as an NBA fan who was really looking forward to this game tonight, I'm pissed.
    It's good for us that Pop wants to throw games away, we will just keep climbing those standings.

This is just dumb this aint even an NBA TV national game like he did last year this is ****ing TNT

I hope the Spurs dont get a single tv game next year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Patty for 30
    Patty* for 30. Not party lol damned phone

Lame imo

Popovich is gonna get fined and I wouldn't be shocked if he got suspended (which would be ironic). And he should be.

In soccer, in baseball, this happens all the time...but not 4 freakin guys less than a fifth of the way thru the season....and not your big 3, 3 starters, with two guys injured. And they get sent home? What the hell is that?

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Well, that f*cking sucks. There haven't been too many really good games on national TV this season so far and I was really looking forward to this one.