Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?
    That is tough to say. The leveling system isn't the same. Whereas Jedi levels in KOTOR are incentive enough for a second playthrough, the advanced class for TOR is always level 10. There are 2 advanced class choices for each, but it wasn't enough for me to go back through and play the opposite advanced class just for the story. I liked a lot of what Bioware did for the class stories. I've said before, the Imperial Agent was well-done, and I believe it would have been good enough for a game on its own.

How does the rest of the game work? Pretty much like every other MMO.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Game is going full free to play in November! I love how high quality free games are forcing other games into this route of f2p with item shops and purchaseable content.

thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.
    I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.
    yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look

yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look

I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.
    i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens

i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens
    Heroics and Flashpoints are crazy... You need to team up with folks for that. Few times I did it, we got destroyed pretty quickly..

Revanites mission is on Drumond Kaas... I think I chose the light side ending for that...

you'll know when you come to the last decision.

Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?
    Gave it up 6-7 months ago and haven't really been tempted to pick it back up.

Learning to shoot layups

I remember wanting to give this a whirl a while back. this thread might tempt me.

I heard it's free to play now, but that it's basically a pay to win game where the best players are the ones who just pay the most money for shit. Not really interested in it if thats the case.

Yeah I've not played it for about 6 months or so now. Not been tempted to come back, but I'm sure I will someday. With MMOs I usually play something constantly for a few weeks, then just stop completely. I get bored too quickly. Doesn't help that none of my friends are into MMOs so I always have to do heroics with strangers.

My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.

Im still playing and the space pvp is looking really good. I usually like planet-side missions more than space missions, but Im liking this expansion.. I hope they add more planets and story line too tho (I haven't explored the "dread Masters" planet yet)