Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007
    Seems like the lakers are the underdogs here in ISH
    Not really, most here expect L.A to win but simply don't want them to....

Saw a basketball once

Of course people don't want the Lakers to win! I've traveled around the country and I found that everyone seems to hates on L.A. Why is that? In my opinion, the Lakers have more talent and WAY more experience than the Orlando Magic. In all fields including both playoff and finals experience. it will be a close one but the Lakers will be victorious in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBEfan85
    Of course people don't want the Lakers to win! I've traveled around the country and I found that everyone seems to hates on L.A. Why is that? In my opinion, the Lakers have more talent and WAY more experience than the Orlando Magic. In all fields including both playoff and finals experience. it will be a close one but the Lakers will be victorious in the end.
    It's because a good chunk of lakers fans are d!ckheads. A good chunk of Cavs/Lebron fans are d!ckheads too and that's why a lot of people hate the cavs/Lebron and want Lebron to lose so they can say hateful things. Fans are making judgements more and more off of other fans... lol.

I would love to see an inside out 3pt shooting team win. Just because it's the offensive style I play with my teams, via we never have an effective big man in any league.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxSMSxX
    What?
    What are you surprised about? There is no doubt Gasol and Odom are faster than dwight. Don't think that dwights vertical and raw power make him quick. You would never see Howard running the floor like gasol and lamar can. I don't think the lakers have that much more talent to be honest and this series could come down to little things like coaching, which is where i see the biggest advantage. I honestly believe Phil is the lakers biggest weapon after Kobe. This could go either way but its gonna take at least 6 games. Can't wait!

I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

I expect the Orlando Magic to try to expose the matchup between Hedo and Pau on offense by luring Pau out to the perimeter. I see Hedo trying to do more to beat him off the dribble. Expect to see Lamor Odom a lot more.He is really going to have to bring it this series. I think he's the ultimate ex-factor to the Laker's winning this series and the NBA championship. He can't slack a minute like he has in previous series.

The Lakers do matchup pretty well with Orlando; way better than Cleveland did. Unlike Cleveland, who had a bunch of undersized perimeter players guarding 3-point shooters like Peitrus, Lewis, Turk, and Alston, the Lakers have height and length on defense and will make it more challeging for Orlando's shooters to get clear looks. Look for Kobe, Ariza, and Odom to use that to their advantage on defense. Dwight Howard? You can only hope to contain him. He's a matchup problem for most teams in the league right now.

Quote Originally Posted by truethat23
    I expect the Orlando Magic to try to expose the matchup between Hedo and Pau on offense by luring Pau out to the perimeter. I see Hedo trying to do more to beat him off the dribble. Expect to see Lamor Odom a lot more.He is really going to have to bring it this series. I think he's the ultimate ex-factor to the Laker's winning this series and the NBA championship. He can't slack a minute like he has in previous series.
    If I was Phil Jackson, I'd start Odom at the PF as he's better fit to cover Hedo or Lewis, and that way he can use both Pau and Bynum to try stopping Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    It's because a good chunk of lakers fans are d!ckheads. A good chunk of Cavs/Lebron fans are d!ckheads too and that's why a lot of people hate the cavs/Lebron and want Lebron to lose so they can say hateful things. Fans are making judgements more and more off of other fans... lol.

I would love to see an inside out 3pt shooting team win. Just because it's the offensive style I play with my teams, via we never have an effective big man in any league.

Every team has idiotic/a-hole fans. No matter if they are a good team or crap, that's just the way it is. I'm a big laker fan, but I am reserved. Yeah, I like them to win, but I dont judge others if they like other teams or root for somebody else. Come to think of it, it is fun to talk trash, but it's all joking with my friends and I. Some people take it too far. When it comes to winning Here's how i see it. Lakers win...or lose. i still have to go to work tomorrow, it really wont change my life, but it would be nice :)
    Last edited by LaneO; 06-01-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Orlando in 6. I predicted correctly the last two Lakers finals trips.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Orlando in 6. I predicted correctly the last two Lakers finals trips.
    You also predicted that the Lakers would lose in almost every game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    You also predicted that the Lakers would lose in almost every game this season.
    Finals predictions involve money.

National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

Magic to win it, not sure on the games needed to do it, but they can. I feel they are a little deeper and more consistent than LA.

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31
    Magic to win it, not sure on the games needed to do it, but they can. I feel they are a little deeper and more consistent than LA.
    They aren't really more consistant at all, if they were they wouldn't of had problem winning back to back games all post season long..both teams havn't exactly being more consistant than the other.

I expect this series to go

Game 1- Lakers win
    Game 2-Lakers win
    Game 3- Magic win
    Game 4- Lakers win
    Game 5- Magic win
    Game 6- Lakers win

This is how I see it:

game 1- Orlando
    game 2- LA
    game 3- Orlando
    game 4- Orlando
    game 5- LA
    game 6- Orlando

Mark my words. Orlando's 3 point shooting will devastate the Lakers.

through the motions at times. Will the Magic continue there great shooting from 3 point land? Most people thing when the Lakers put it all together there unbeatable, but if the Magic are hitting 3's and Howard is playing well they are hard to beat as well. Howard against the Lakers big men will be interesting; I think LA should use Bynum and all 6 of his fouls to keep Gasul out of foul trouble. How does Orlando handle Kobe? I say let Kobe get his and try to contain the rest of the Laker players, it might work in some of the games. The more I think about this series the more I think it will be a good one. My guess Lakers in 7.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER
    through the motions at times. Will the Magic continue there great shooting from 3 point land? Most people thing when the Lakers put it all together there unbeatable, but if the Magic are hitting 3's and Howard is playing well they are hard to beat as well. Howard against the Lakers big men will be interesting; I think LA should use Bynum and all 6 of his fouls to keep Gasul out of foul trouble. How does Orlando handle Kobe? I say let Kobe get his and try to contain the rest of the Laker players, it might work in some of the games. The more I think about this series the more I think it will be a good one. My guess Lakers in 7.
    Kobe and Gasol will get theirs no matter what. The Magic have no one that can guard Gasol if they put Dwight on Bynum. and if they switch Dwight to Gasol, Bynum would annhilate Shard in the paint.