Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Rant Thread

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: A Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    I heard Azabuike could miss up to 2 months of the regular season.

I really want to see this line up...

Felton/Douglas
    Azabuike/Mason Jr
    Gallo/Chandler
    Stoudemire/Randolph
    Mozgov/Turiaf

With Chandler and Randolph gettin significant minutes OTB.
    Chandler is our second best player, no way he comes off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Chandler is our second best player, no way he comes off the bench.
    Chandler and Azabuike is really a toss up. Now that I think about it your probably right. Chandler should start. He's having an impressive pre season and we shouldn't rush Azabuike back from injury. Im just curious to see Azabuike play.

I'm getting really annoyed by this sh-t we see every game.

First things first, fire Mike D'Antoni. He really doesn't know what to do and he is limiting STAT's potential in NY by keeping him out of the paint. He is one of the worst (if not the worst) defensive coach in the League.
    Raymond Felton hasn't looked good and he's been outplayed at his own position by 2nd year "combo guard" Toney Douglas. We payed a lot of money to get him to play here, I was happy to see him in a Knicks uniform but he hasn't shown much at all.

Danilo, Danilo, Danilo. I wish he'd play better, or just play more consistently because he isn't helping the team with his play this season.

Defense. Anyone who says the Knicks haven't been horrible defensively is spittin' some major BS. And Toney needs to stop gambling on defense, I've seen him out of position way too often to get a steal which results in two points for the opposition. It's fantastic we are amongst the league leaders in blocks and steals but those have been "empty stats" for us. The only reason we get those is because we either gamble or our bigs bail us out. Which hasn't happened too often with Turiaf out.

3-6

We have beaten the Wizards and the Raptors. Those are horrible teams. Our only decent win was against Chicago and we only won that by lights out shooting and coaching errors on the Bulls side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Banned

I know I sound like a broken record, but..............MDA should try to start Douglas at PG and bring Felton off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    I know I sound like a broken record, but..............MDA should try to start Douglas at PG and bring Felton off the bench.
    I agree he's played better than Felton but it won't help the team. He certainly won't be able to make enough plays for his teammates in a pick and roll because he is a score-first PG. And he won't be consistent enough as a starter. I think he should develop more to be in the starter-conversation.

Personally, I think Toney Douglas is a great scorer off the bench. A role he's made for.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Douglas simply is not a pg.Never was and never will be.Besides,Felton is exactly who you should have expected him to be.He's just not that good.He's an average guy.His numbers arent terrible though.We have far more pressing matters than Felton.Besides if we bench him,we diminish his trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Douglas simply is not a pg.Never was and never will be.Besides,Felton is exactly who you should have expected him to be.He's just not that good.He's an average guy.His numbers arent terrible though.We have far more pressing matters than Felton.Besides if we bench him,we diminish his trade value.
    He's way too small to be a 2, that's why teams keep taking advantage of our Felton-Douglas backcourt.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I agree he's too small to be a 2 but thats what he is skill wise.Therefore he is good for a spark off the bench.This is the exactly the reason why I found it hilarious that we were considering overpaying for Shannon Brown who is also a 2 trapped in a point guard's body.

Have you seen Shannon play this year, he has been incredible. Shooting very well from downtown too. He would be great in this system and with his play lately we wouldn't be overpaying him. Let's hope Azubuike can give this team a lift when he returns.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: A Rant Threadv

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Have you seen Shannon play this year, he has been incredible. Shooting very well from downtown too. He would be great in this system and with his play lately we wouldn't be overpaying him. Let's hope Azubuike can give this team a lift when he returns.
    Not too many teams are giving away good pg's.
    Other than the Hornets with Collison.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Well Felton just isn't distributing well. He's trying too hard to be some kind of star. Douglas will go in and do all the right things. Our most effective lineup has been Douglas/Fields/Gallo/Chandler/Amare.

An expected three game losing streak.

The team is showing that they aren't quite as good as we may want to believe.

Our glowing need for a center, and a second reliable scoring option is painfully evident.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    An expected three game losing streak.

The team is showing that they aren't quite as good as we may want to believe.

Our glowing need for a center, and a second reliable scoring option is painfully evident.
    Oh, and people who play some f-ckin' defense. They don't do shit on that end of the floor.

I picked this up from ESPN.

Not really a rant.....but screw this dude.

Let's Go Knicks!!!!!

Knicks Mediocrity

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I picked this up from ESPN.

Not really a rant.....but screw this dude.

Let's Go Knicks!!!!!

Knicks Mediocrity
    Well Abbot the Knicks beat the Spurs pretty good. But I am sure this will go unnoticed by him.