Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: i hate being called jeremy lin everytime i come out to the courts

Wow you're Asian?

I'll call you Bateer. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Shutup Lin and go get me a Gatorade.
    I busted out laughing on the TRAX to school man, thanks, now I look schizophrenic.

that's cause you suck.

I get called "Jordan" a lot...but only when my midrange game is a bit off. When it's on like donkey kong, I get called "Kobe".

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    last summer, i was hoopin alot. one thing that annoyed me was everytime i came out to the courts people would call me jeremy lin and thought it was so hilarious. i mean i heard it about 50 times before no lie so it became very annoying. Just because im asian its funny to call me jeremy lin? think about it like this, if your black and i call you lebron james is that suppose to be funny?

so some advice for you ish hoopers, if you see an asian kid on the court and you make a jeremy lin joke, you look really salty to him because its barely funny and hes heard it 100 times before.

what players have you been called before while playing basketball? ive been called yao, kobe, rose, artest, even manny pacquiao
    i aint going to lie.

i dont hoop like that around here.

I just try to shoot around and 5 n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggaz would come out of nowhere and be like "aight let go! 3 on 3! who got first?"

one of my homies showed me this place at Brookfield that i go to.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 10-19-2012 at 01:04 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I don't complain about being called Matt Maloney when I come out to the courts.
    That's outstanding if you're being honest. That might be the best reference I've heard on a 2012 streetball court, next to a chubby dude at my courts getting the Clarence Weatherspoon label last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I got called LeBron a few times everytime I travelled.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

used to get called white jordan. cause I had a great fade way and a really quick first step/ drive to the rim.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Default Re: I hate being called Jeremy Lin every time I come out to the courts

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    last summer, i was hoopin alot. one thing that annoyed me was everytime i came out to the courts people would call me jeremy lin and thought it was so hilarious. i mean i heard it about 50 times before no lie so it became very annoying. Just because im asian its funny to call me jeremy lin? think about it like this, if your black and i call you lebron james is that suppose to be funny?

so some advice for you ish hoopers, if you see an asian kid on the court and you make a jeremy lin joke, you look really salty to him because its barely funny and hes heard it 100 times before.

what players have you been called before while playing basketball? ive been called yao, kobe, rose, artest, even manny pacquiao
    If you show you care and remain salty people are gonna exploit that weakness. Stay Linning...don't care.

I shoot similar to Joe Johnson so I get that a lot.

Learning to shoot layups NYK_Stan's Avatar

Im the only white guy at my court so...
    When my jumper is on, i get called novak.

When i play good defense or run the floor well, i get called kirilenko.

Once i blew by some guys, took it to the rim, and dropped a dime and got called nash. Doesnt happen much cuz i play mostly off the ball tho...

I always get called Dirk and Peja for being a tall white guy with a lethal jumper.

Decent playground baller L3B120N J4M35's Avatar

i get called ricky rubio

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Stop being Asian.

I don't complain about being called Matt Maloney when I come out to the courts.
    Oh lord.