Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller Venja42's Avatar

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    He is more of an asset to the Nugges with his expiring contract than to just buy him out.
    Definitely agree...

But say the deadline passes and the Nuggets wanna try to save a few dollars on the end of their cap. I think its possible . . .

They might try to accommodate him

Default Re: Iverson on being traded: It's a possibility. I wouldn't be upset either way..."

Quote Originally Posted by Venja42
    Definitely agree...

But say the deadline passes and the Nuggets wanna try to save a few dollars on the end of their cap. I think its possible . . .

They might try to accommodate him
    Yea I could see something like that happening if they cant get a deal done. I think the key to this whole AI saga is not to rush things and not to make a hasty trade just to get something for him. If he walks, at least they free up cap

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Venja42
    What about a buyout??

You think AI would be willing to do so in order to latch onto a contender around February?? And who would be interested??
    He's not Marbury.

Knowing Denver's front office, I would not be surprised i he isn't in Denver next year, or by March. They "traded" Camby, and let Najera and Diawara walk. Sucks to see him have to move again if it happens, but like he said, it's a business. All depends on how Denver does from the beginning to February.

National High School Star

I'd like to see him in Orlando.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    I'd like to see him in Orlando.
    good call. he would be a good fit.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Knowing Denver's front office, I would not be surprised i he isn't in Denver next year, or by March. They "traded" Camby, and let Najera and Diawara walk. Sucks to see him have to move again if it happens, but like he said, it's a business. All depends on how Denver does from the beginning to February.
    When did this happen?!?!? Anyone pick up Najera??? I love that dudes hustle...

Id absolutely love to see Dallas get Iverson. I wish we could get him for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, & Brandon Bass but I am not delusional. A straight up Kidd for Iverson might be ok, I just hate to lose Kidd. But Iverson is a better fit with Nowitzki and Kidd is a better fit in Denver where he will be reunited with KMart and would be feeding Carmelo shots until Melos arms fall off.

I dunno, on paper Kidd for Iverson makes a ton of sense for both teams. Id welcome Iverson to Dallas, he is the perfect teammate for Nowitzki, they would shine together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe681
    When did this happen?!?!? Anyone pick up Najera??? I love that dudes hustle...
    He's with the Nets now.

I think he's sensing the Nuggests ship is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Id absolutely love to see Dallas get Iverson. I wish we could get him for Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, & Brandon Bass but I am not delusional. A straight up Kidd for Iverson might be ok, I just hate to lose Kidd. But Iverson is a better fit with Nowitzki and Kidd is a better fit in Denver where he will be reunited with KMart and would be feeding Carmelo shots until Melos arms fall off.

I dunno, on paper Kidd for Iverson makes a ton of sense for both teams. Id welcome Iverson to Dallas, he is the perfect teammate for Nowitzki, they would shine together.
    How about Kidd AND AI?
    Kidd is big enuf and strong enuf to defend the 2.
    On offense, Kidd plays 1 and AI plays 2.

I think they are both expirers...I'm guessing both realize they will be taking real pay cuts on their next contracts. Give them both 2 or 3 year deals.

Bring Terry off the bench.

I thought they would at least make an offer for me to turn down. I thought they'd at least offer me a dollar or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    good call. he would be a good fit.
    Howard and AI . Orlando can use some of AI's offense. Though they dont have the pieces to trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Howard and AI . Orlando can use some of AI's offense. Though they dont have the pieces to trade for him.
    and if they dare to double either Howard or AI...boom, it goes to Hedo...or to Rashard. Opponents better rotate damn fast!
    That could be a scary lineup.

Diaw Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    and if they dare to double either Howard or AI...boom, it goes to Hedo...or to Rashard. Opponents better rotate damn fast!
    That could be a scary lineup.
    Sweet! But... how are they getting him?