Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lakers aren't getting anyone

Banned

Yea did some research on barnes last season

He had multiple games with a negative game score. I don't know how thats possible but its quite an achievement.

from 3: 5/31 .. 16%
    27% FG

15 turnovers, 16 made shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.
    Excuse me? We weren't a legit title contender the year after winning 2 titles? How can a team at tempting a 3peat without changing the roster suddenly not even be a contender? We were the 3rd or so best team both years. Granted, thats the most we'll ever be now.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
    Lakers are exploring options for a Pau Gasol trade, but nothing is imminent, according to a person familiar with the conversations.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Yea did some research on barnes last season

He had multiple games with a negative game score. I don't know how thats possible but its quite an achievement.

from 3: 5/31 .. 16%
    27% FG

15 turnovers, 16 made shots.
    Yeah but to be fair the Lakers only paid Barnes vet min. I'm sure Steve Blake brought a lot less to the team for a cool 4 mill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Yeah but to be fair the Lakers only paid Barnes vet min. I'm sure Steve Blake brought a lot less to the team for a cool 4 mill
    I like how whoever suggested giving blake a 4 year contract for that money still has a job

Lakers need a bench. They don't have to get a superstar to be a contender.

Very good NBA starter

I like how whoever suggested giving blake a 4 year contract for that money still has a job
    To think the 3 year MLE is actually helps the Lakers from doing something stupid. Amazing how they can convince Odom to go for a 3 year deal with a team option but throw Ron Artest and Steve Blake 5 and 4 year contracts respectively.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You can get a bench only by trading pau or bynum. If its bynum as showtime pointed out, you can get an amazing bench and also give pau who is a 2x champion the option to show he can still do it. Its absolutely essential. I only dream the thing holding them back is constantly waiting on howards decision because they want howard for bynum.

Unless you think murphy kapono mcroberts type signings are going to be what gets us over the hump

I would be going for Steve Nash. That guy is just what we need, plus he wants a ring, and the Lakers are his only chance to get one.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    No they need a superstar. They have 1 guy that plays like absolute crap in the playoffs and another that has dreams of the playboy mansion when he should be guarding the paint. You can build a bench by SMARTLY using the mini MLE and vet mins, but you this is still a superstar league.

it doesnt look good for the Lakers at the damn Moment, bryants contract is crazy

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by takai
    I would be going for Steve Nash. That guy is just what we need, plus he wants a ring, and the Lakers are his only chance to get one.
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Wait what?

We need a PG with experience, plus that guy is a great play maker. And with Kobe and Bynum he'd be phenomenal. He can keep the team together too, would all around improve them greatly.

Gasol was emasculated when his girl dumped him before the playoffs a year ago, and you never know what you're gonna get from Bynum

either Drew has to learn to face double teams or both need to be dealt immediately (keeping Pau isn't an option since he'll never grow his sack back)

You can get a bench only by trading pau or bynum. If its bynum as showtime pointed out, you can get an amazing bench and also give pau who is a 2x champion the option to show he can still do it. Its absolutely essential. I only dream the thing holding them back is constantly waiting on howards decision because they want howard for bynum.

Unless you think murphy kapono mcroberts type signings are going to be what gets us over the hump
    No way do you trade Bynum for bench players. You only trade Bynum for Howard. I would rather trade Pau for a good package.
    Don't we have an 8.9 million trade exception? Can't we use that for a trade?
    If so, that should be used to get some good bench players.