Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I dont get it either. Plus...I CAN GAURANTEE any team that trades away a lot of pieces to acquire Rubio, is going to be dissapointed for a good while.

The ONLY 18 year old, ive known to walk into the league, and make a serious impact, was Lebron James.

This kid is going to take a few years to develope. Hes young, skinny, and im willing to bet, will be a project for a minute.

I hope he does well but....when he hits the league, he will find out it's a bit different than overseas.

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

What would most teams trade away to get this kid? Because the way I see it....sure...he could be huge...HE DEFINATELY WILL TAKE A WHILE TO DEVELOPE. I mean lets face it....hes 18 years old.....he isnt going to do much at that age.

So now most, are faced with the fact that Rubio COULD be a bust as well...

So what do you even trade away?

See, with this kid and his agent calling the shots, i dont see how most teams would be willing to take the plunge...

Banned

I can understand him...in Europe there's no such thing as a draft, you just go to the team that offers you the best deal. That's a pretty big difference and I can understand he doesn't want to take the risk of wasting his career on a bad team. Although it would probably wouldn't hurt him if he could play a year or two in a smaller market, away from all the media.

NBA lottery pick

Rubio going to get what he wants or he staying in Spain, where he is getting all the fresh Spanish pu$$y and doing whatever the hell he wants. I would actually stay in Spain, if I was him, but I guess the lure and challenge of coming to the NBA is something he wants.

To Rubio, it's like this...

Rubio > NBA. Rubio is thinking it's a pleasure, for the NBA, to get him. So, of course, they should meet his demands or else.

All I can say is.. whoever ends up with this guy.. it might not be all happy go lucky.. that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Then maybe if Arenas has a good season they can trade him away again before he hurts himself again?
    Blasphemy!

"Go Big or Go Home" miniharrison37's Avatar

After reading that, if I were the Grizzlies I would for sure pick him because then he won't be on any team and that's better for the Grizzlies than him on another team.

Quote Originally Posted by quasimoto
    Although it would probably wouldn't hurt him if he could play a year or two in a smaller market, away from all the media.

Yep yep, agreed. The hype alone is probably going to work against him in the beginning.

Decent playground baller Thom.Yorke's Avatar

The lakers should get him, and develop him. The lakers are one of the few teams in the nba who have h.o.f.'s that develop young talent.

I think playing for l.a. gives certain players confidence, kinda like ariza & brown.

this is an awkward situation with this kid. hopefully he comes over to a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Rubio going to get what he wants or he staying in Spain, where he is getting all the fresh Spanish pu$$y and doing whatever the hell he wants. I would actually stay in Spain, if I was him
    My thoughts exactly. Plus, there are some contractual issues with his current team, where a buyout would need to be arranged. From the reports I've seen, the team doesn't plan to make it easy for him to leave.

In the end, he may end up not coming over at all. He would probably be better of for it.

I still think one way or another, he ends up playing in Sacramento next year.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Rubio going to get what he wants or he staying in Spain, where he is getting all the fresh Spanish pu$$y and doing whatever the hell he wants. I would actually stay in Spain, if I was him, but I guess the lure and challenge of coming to the NBA is something he wants.

To Rubio, it's like this...

Rubio > NBA. Rubio is thinking it's a pleasure, for the NBA, to get him. So, of course, they should meet his demands or else.

All I can say is.. whoever ends up with this guy.. it might not be all happy go lucky.. that's all I'm saying.
    Indeed, In the that news link, he says ''If there is no good project i won't go to the nba'' he clearly has a good future in spain anyways, And he never said he doesn't want to go to the grizzlies. What he said was ''Lets see what is my option Memphis has #2 pick but that doesn't mean anything'' he also said ''there are possibilities for me to stay in DKV Joventut'' another thing he mentioned was ''I will only go to to the nba if a good team drafts me. IF i go its because i want a better future''

I usually hit open layups went_worth's Avatar

Memphis will trade Rubio to the Lakers for Mbenga + bag of chips.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by went_worth
    Memphis will trade Rubio to the Lakers for Mbenga + bag of chips.

Hmm, if he can't shoot (as most have said), then I'm not sure he could fit in the triangle.

Decent playground baller Sonics4Life's Avatar

so he won't play for Memphis or OKC... i wouldn't want to play in those cities either but this refusing to play for who drafts you is bullsh*t.

www.cursethethunder.com

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Wizards need to trade up from the 5th spot to get him.

Rubio
    Arenas
    Butler
    Jamison
    Haywood

If they stay healthy that could be nice playoff squad out East.
    That'd be pretty damned sweet. It'd cost them McGee + the 5th pick, which I'm not too sure about as a Wiz fan, but Blatche (good young player who makes 3 million a year for another three years or something) + 5th pick + maybe Mike James' expirer (6 million) would be a great trade for Washington.