Thread: Double Standard
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Double Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4ever
Just stating my opinion on the Shaq trade. It was a bad trade. Period. Marion WAS the second most important player on the Suns no matter what anyone wants to say about it. At least third if you want to put Stoudamire in the argument. Shaq would be ok but I don't think he can put the minutes in to be able to really help the Suns that much. And Diaw is way too inconsistent to take over Marion's spot. I get blasted every time I say it. I don't care, because it is my opinion. Shaq may prove me wrong but I have my doubts. If he does, I will admit my OPINION was wrong. I would think 1-3 since the trade vs 9 in a row for the Lakers means the Lakers trade was FAR better than the Suns trade. It took Gasol no time at all to blend in. Shaq is a veteran. If he was capable of blending in it shouldn't take him a week, two weeks or a month or longer to do it. Again, it is my opinion so it can be taken with a grain of salt.
I dont mind you having this opinion as long as you dont go out of your way to post it in every Suns thread when its not needed. I have my doubts about the traded too and of course the Gasol trade was better but its gonna take a lot longer than 5 games(2-3) :) for SHaq to blend in with the rest of the Suns.

We will see.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote