Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    National High School Star

Default Re: What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Why is this News?

Can't someone just look at LBJ's contract and LAL's contract situation and add 1 + 1?

Wow.. what passes as journalism these days is sad.

If you read the article, it's news because a couple of GM's have mentioned it. Still speculation, bit it's also not just pulled out of thin air by the writer. (Just by the gm's)

3-time NBA All-Star

Well apparently he wants to play with CP3, so I see the following scenario happening:

1. Howard resigns for the 5 year max.
    2. CP3 resigns with the Clippers for the 5 year max through 2018, with the opt out clause after the 3rd year, 2016, (same type of contract D-Will signed)
    3. Lebron opts in the Heat for both 2015 and 2016 since the Heat are still contenders and he can get another max contract at an older age.
    4. Kobe and Gasol return after 2014 on 2 year deals (I HIGHLY doubt Kobe retires in 2 years) and the Lakers structure their contracts so they only have Howard on contract for the 2017 season.
    5. Lebron and CP3 sign with the Lakers and join Howard in 2017.

I don't want this to happen. But its the Lakers and something like this always happens.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Well apparently he wants to play with CP3, so I see the following scenario happening:

1. Howard resigns for the 5 year max.
    2. CP3 resigns with the Clippers for the 5 year max through 2018, with the opt out clause after the 3rd year, 2016, (same type of contract D-Will signed)
    3. Lebron opts in the Heat for both 2015 and 2016 since the Heat are still contenders and he can get another max contract at an older age.
    4. Kobe and Gasol return after 2014 on 2 year deals (I HIGHLY doubt Kobe retires in 2 years) and the Lakers structure their contracts so they only have Howard on contract for the 2017 season.
    5. Lebron and CP3 sign with the Lakers and join Howard in 2017.

I don't want this to happen. But its the Lakers and something like this always happens.
    That's a whole lot of ifs and buts

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and ofcourse i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed... but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Give me one instance where i have been "degrading" other players that are being said in the same sentence with Lebron?
    You just recently claimed that Wade cost Miami the 2011 title to avoid placing blame on LeBron at all costs.

And that's only one of many instances.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzy0503
    Amare's girl look like Scottie Pippen