Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I'm not ready to start bashing this idea. But part of me is wondering if, after the studios realized MoS wasn't going to be the huge success they had hoped and really insisted on Batman vs. Superman that they would have done everything they could to bring back Christopher Nolan to direct it and Christian Bale to play Batman.

In other news, the MoS fan page on facebook is saying that Bryan Cranston will likely be cast as Lex Luthor and the official announcement will come right after the series finale of Breaking Bad.

But right now, Affleck is Batman and I'm not going to start saying it's going to be absolute crap until we see Affleck on the set and we get pictures of him in the cowl and even a trailer to see what the movie will even be like.

This is NOT going to be Batman & Robin or Batman Forever bad. There's no way the studio would let that happen. Neither would Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer. Snyder might not be on Nolan's level but he's not THAT bad to make another Batman & Robin/Batman Forever.
    I love that you wrote so much yet simply reiterated everything that is obvious about this situation.

( sighs )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

This is NOT going to be Batman & Robin or Batman Forever bad. There's no way the studio would let that happen. Neither would Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer. Snyder might not be on Nolan's level but he's not THAT bad to make another Batman & Robin/Batman Forever.
    Spoken with the confidence of a man who has not seen Sucker Punch. Rent it, I dare you.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Do you remember when Affleck was Superman in the movie Hollywoodland?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You know who could have been Wonder Woman? A younger, WWE Chyna. No chance now though...her movie career took a decidedly, um, "different" direction.
    What? Chyna is hideous. She's a she-man. WW is supposedly to be gorgeous.

Like, you know....Lynda Carter gorgeous?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Superman is not overpowered in this movie. He was just like the movie, an alien with no limits. Don't compare this Superman with cartoon version, the comic version has no opponents except for doomdsday and darkseid. His weakness besides krryptonite is magic, thats it.
    Superman and Zod's army pretty much couldn't be touched in the movie. Even with military grade weapons. He left a path of destruction worse than a natural disaster. He destroyed whole buildings just from his impact alone. Personally I think the only way this movie is semi believable is if they go with the angle that he's a public menace because of all the destruction and he tones down his strength or Batman invents krpytonite.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    That's why I nominate Gwendoline Christie. Basically 6'3" Lynda Carter.
    I like this nomination.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I really wouldn't mind Jennifer Lawrence as Catwoman.

Who would you like to see play the new Joker?

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Not a fan of this, but then again I'm not a big Affleck fan. You have to be quite diverse to play Batman because Bruce Wayne/Batman are polar opposites. He might be able to pull off the smooth playboy persona of Bruce Wayne. However, I really don't think he has the screen presence to represent the intensity to Batman

I read another suggestion on another forum was Guy Pierce. I think he would have made a great Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    Not a fan of this, but then again I'm not a big Affleck fan. You have to be quite diverse to play Batman because Bruce Wayne/Batman are polar opposites. He might be able to pull off the smooth playboy persona of Bruce Wayne. However, I really don't think he has the screen presence to represent the intensity to Batman

I read another suggestion on another forum was Guy Pierce. I think he would have made a great Batman.
    Guy Peirce is too much like Val Kilmer, who was a flop

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Zachary Quinto would have made a great Batman.

Even though he's gay when he turns on that sinister, vengeful voice it's intense and menacing (see American Horror Story: Asylum). And, his normal Bruce Wayne self is suave and debonair... very fitting for a man who's heir to a fortune.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

It really should've been Josh Brolin. Oh well.

Brolin is the perfect fit if they are going for an older, more hardened Batman. Affleck is too soft on screen to be a Dark Knight people take seriously. Who isn't gonna subconsciously think "lol Affleck is the badass Batman?" while watching the movie. Just don't see it.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Affleck could work if there was a much more competent director on the set than Zach Snyder.

But Snyder is really only good for action and epic scaled shots. I don't think he develops characters well, which is what you need when you have Batman involved. Watchmen's characters worked because they had a strong basis (the original graphic novel) to follow and even then, that movie fell a little flat at times.

Batman isn't that difficult a role. Typical rich, playboy character... then he gets dressed up in an awesome bat-suit with sick ass weapons and vehicles. Probably more than a dozen current actors that could pull it off; including Affleck.