Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    National High School Star

Default Re: Borrowing money from your girlfriend..

I don't accept hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So, she would feel "uncomfortable" with letting you borrow money that you can easily pay back later....but...

She isnt uncomfortable with you paying every time you two go out.

She isnt uncomfortable with accepting 5,000 dollars from her mother as a damn gift.

Nor is she uncomfortable with you buying her a pricey bag for xmas?

Note the trend bro?

Okay, let me clear the air on a few things. I don't literally pay 100% of the time. I overreacted a little because i was a little upset/bothered at the fact that she said she would feel uncomfortable. SHE WILL LET ME BORROW THE MONEY, no question but says she wouldn't feel comfortable. Idk. I dropped the question because I didn't see anything positive where it was headed.

So I pay about 85-90% of the time. But she knows lately, I've had more expenses than usual, so she's starting to help out more.

I bought her a bag because she wanted one for Christmas. Not because she uses me.
    Shit, she bought me laker tickets. We had VIP seats and got me food. She's a good girl, but this "borrowing money" thing is weird with her. She apparently doesn't borrow money from anyone or let anyone borrow. She says she would give me the money but wouldn't be comfortable but trusts me and knows I'm good for it.

Idk. Weird.

Update: I haven't asked for the money yet. Not sure if I'll need it still. I worked Christmas and will work New Year's Day. They pay us double time and a half. I also worked an extra 6 hours at time and a half. An overtime shift.

And this will be like an extra week on my check and I should be good.
    Oh. And we got food yesterday and she offered to pay but I paid. (Lowkey used an American Express gift card that I got for Xmas)

I told her she can get the next one. Planning to get some steak on that rain check lol. And lobster.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    So, she would feel "uncomfortable" with letting you borrow money that you can easily pay back later....but...

She isnt uncomfortable with you paying every time you two go out.

She isnt uncomfortable with accepting 5,000 dollars from her mother as a damn gift.

Nor is she uncomfortable with you buying her a pricey bag for xmas?

Note the trend bro?
    This thread has me WEAK.

OP needs to talk with his gf and if she doesn't shape up, drop her ass.

What in the actual f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck? You are struggling with the decision of whether or not to borrow a couple hundred dollars from your financially-able girlfriend who you'll have no problem paying back?

This can't be the most difficult decisions you encounter in your life, man.

   

hmm...

If she's a long term girlfriend and she has an issue with you borrowing money it shows she really isn't as interested in you as you thought she was. A normal girl you're dating to test the waters? Nah. Especially if you're making $50k.

Shouldn't matter who it is. If you are close with them should this even be an issue? Just make sure you pay them back. Doesn't make you any less of a person....

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Where do you guys stand on this issue.

I'm usually good with my money and I make pretty decent money (50k a year. I'm only 22 and still in school). As of late; I've been having a lot of unexpected expenses these last few months.
    I've been budgeting and putting things on credit cards and as of late it's just getting harder and harder. It's difficult and my girl just received like $5,000 from her mom as a gift. She has money.

I tried asking her how she felt on each other borrowing money from one another. She said she would do it because she loves me, but she's not one to be comfortable doing so.

Now, 1. I hate borrowing money from anyone. I never do it.
    2. I Have too much pride, especially to a girl, let alone my girl.
    3. It would only be a couple hundred that I can pay her back the following month.

So I ask you guys,

1. How you guys feel about borrowing money from people ? (And to girls, and from your girlfriend)

2. Any advice?

Or maybe I can just sell some drugs for 2 weeks make a couple notes and be straight.(wasnt really serious about the last part. Lol)
    A couple hundred? Bro that's not even serious borrowing and not worth our time even replying.

   

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    A couple hundred? Bro that's not even serious borrowing and not worth our time even replying.
    well, what would your scenario be?

i mean i've always been friendly with you, and plus i'm pretty sexy. would $1000 be okay, my dear...?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well, what would your scenario be?

i mean i've always been friendly with you, and plus i'm pretty sexy. would $1000 be okay, my dear...?
    Depends on your income and the person you're borrowing from.

   

plus, i read that federal interest rates are going to be raised soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Where do you guys stand on this issue.

I'm usually good with my money and I make pretty decent money (50k a year. I'm only 22 and still in school). As of late; I've been having a lot of unexpected expenses these last few months.
    I've been budgeting and putting things on credit cards and as of late it's just getting harder and harder. It's difficult and my girl just received like $5,000 from her mom as a gift. She has money.

I tried asking her how she felt on each other borrowing money from one another. She said she would do it because she loves me, but she's not one to be comfortable doing so.

Now, 1. I hate borrowing money from anyone. I never do it.
    2. I Have too much pride, especially to a girl, let alone my girl.
    3. It would only be a couple hundred that I can pay her back the following month.

So I ask you guys,

1. How you guys feel about borrowing money from people ? (And to girls, and from your girlfriend)

2. Any advice?

Or maybe I can just sell some drugs for 2 weeks make a couple notes and be straight.(wasnt really serious about the last part. Lol)
    If you make 50k a year at 22, and cant afford life, you're doing something wrong.

I make a little less than that, and stash away nearly a grand a month.

But to answer your question, I've borrowed from my girlfriend before (when its inconvenient to move money from elsewhere)and then just pay her back by getting groceries the next week or something.
    Last edited by UK2K; 08-10-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Banned

don't do it breh. And sort your lifestyle out. 50k a year, you shouldn't have to go in to credit card debt. I encourage you to live more prudently.

And as a side note...

If you money issues are a problem already, you are headed down the wrong path. I know this was three years ago, I see, but this goes for everyone.

My rent is $1200 a month. I write my girlfriend a check for $850 a month, and she takes the extra $250 (her share for rent is $600) to pay for cable and groceries and whatever else. I dont deal with any of that shit.

As a word of advice, go that route. Its easier, and stress free, and sometimes I pay more per month than she does, sometimes she pays more than I do, but neither of us really care (she makes about the same as I do, maybe a bit more).

borrow from a friend, sibling or parent instead

asuming you'll pay them back