Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park the even bigger black guy's Avatar

Default OT: The Wire Season 4

If there's ever been a better show on television, I haven't seen it.

Anyone else agree this is the best written, best produced, best acted show in TV history?

Anyone got a challenger?

The Shield.

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

I don't watch the Wire, so I can't compare, but I'm sure some of these could

Entourage
    Sopranos
    Deadwood

Now that I think about it, HBO hasn't really made a bad TV show ever.

Sopranos? Get real. Entourage rivals TheWire. DeadWood Saw like 2 episodes, couldnt get into it...was lost.

HBO makes the best TV shows.

Very good NBA starter

The Wire is absolutely one of the most underrated shows on television. But having said that, I wouldn't say it's one the "best" out there, at least not compared with the greats (won't bother naming 'em).

The show is much deeper than it appears. Many little things going on, many little subplots. All, in some way, connected... Not to mention, viewing the perspective of both the streets and the police/narco's is very cool. Can't forget all the politics as well, with Carcetti (sp?) trying to make mayor, etc.

Sweet show. HBO is one the most innovative channels when is comes to original programming. Can even go back to some of their first shows, like Dream On or The Larry Sanders Show (maybe some of y'all were a little too young, I was pretty young at the time too).

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
    Now that I think about it, HBO hasn't really made a bad TV show ever.
    Actually, as much as I hate to diss HBO, they did have one show about 2 years ago that was a huge flop. It was about a bounty hunter, and his (dumbass) family. Man, that show was bad... Couldn't even touch Dog the Bounty Hunter in the slightest... eh, that's probably why it wasn't picked up for another season.

But other than that, HBO is almost flawless when it comes to their shows (even the shows like Deadwood or Rome, that I don't really "like", I can respect).

Quote Originally Posted by the even bigger black guy
    If there's ever been a better show on television, I haven't seen it.

Anyone else agree this is the best written, best produced, best acted show in TV history?

Anyone got a challenger?
    Yeah The Wire is a EXCELLENT show. And the fact that some of the characters are actual ex-criminals (like Snoop, the Deacon and others) that the creator who happens to be an ex-detective from B-More has arrested in the past makes it even better IMO. Black guy if you have cable, the new episodes come out "on demand" before Sunday.

Local High School Star

Entourage is good. I have to admit I watched Sex and the City for a bit to when it was on there. I wish they'd make more episodes of the Cathouse, not for cranking one but because i can do that with my women or on the net ,but because its an interesting show.

The Shield is entertaining, but to put it in the top 20 of all time is laughable.

Entourage too. Entourage has zero substance. It's entertaining and fun to watch, but it is basically watching a few guys goof around Hollywood with hot girls.

Sopranos is overrated. It's a great show, but not anywhere near legendary.

Deadwood and Rome are probably the best HBO shows outside the Wire. I don't think you could find a single complaint about any aspect of The Wire. I just don't think GOBB has the intellectual capacity to follow a heady show like Deadwood, Rome, etc.

Local High School Star

The Shield is entertaining, but to put it in the top 20 of all time is laughable.

Entourage too. Entourage has zero substance. It's entertaining and fun to watch, but it is basically watching a few guys goof around Hollywood with hot girls.

Deadwood and Rome are probably the best HBO shows outside the Wire. I don't think you could find a single complaint about any aspect of The Wire. I just don't think GOBB has the intellectual capacity to follow a heady show like Deadwood, Rome, etc.
    Deadwood is dumb. Every other word they use is swearing and it gets repitive after awhile. annoys me atleast from the episodes i've seen.

And you're a white boy amazed with urban life of violence, poverty and drugs.

And its your opinion no other show is better than TheWire, sucks doesnt it that it cant be a FACT? Something you gotta deal with. No one said ANYTHING about the shielf being a top 20 of all time tv show. Who in here said that moron?

Also other posters have spoken on DeadWood and didnt enjoy it either. I never said a thing about Rome, another poster did and it wasnt to praise but just say they can respect it. But hey you instantly pulled down my pants and blew me. Emotionally scarred slut you are.
    Last edited by GOBB; 10-16-2006 at 12:56 PM.

dream on was hilarious

I never watched the wire, but it must be a pretty good show though....I was over a friend's house and he has these go-go nights at his house where the chicks come over and put on a freak show for us....these dudes promptly ended the freak show so they could watch the wire

every body got dressed and they turned on the TV, Im like what the f*ck on TV could be better than what we was just doin?

must be one hell of a show

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    dream on was hilarious

I never watched the wire, but it must be a pretty good show though....I was over a friend's house and he has these go-go nights at his house where the chicks come over and put on a freak show for us....these dudes promptly ended the freak show so they could watch the wire

every body got dressed and they turned on the TV, Im like what the f*ck on TV could be better than what we was just doin?

must be one hell of a show
    Its great...you got comcast cable and the on demand thing? If so you can get caught up on to Season 4 which is starting off great and looks to be the best season. And Season 1 & 3 were GREAT. But to really appreciate it you're gonna have to watch Season 3 if not Season 1 to get the full effect. Understand the players, who is gone, who has new occupations and why the whole nine. I'm sitting here now waiting for my On Demand channel to show next weeks show. Every Monday On Demand broadcasts next Sundays show so i can see it ahead of time which is cool. Like last nights show i saw last Monday already. Yeah its that good that it got people like me that hype to see it.

Favorite character is Omar. He a stick up dude who has the entire hood shook. Only one man with a gun but he has the respect of all because he robs corner boys, stash houses it doesnt matter. You got paper and he wants it? He gets it. And his thing is its not what he is taking, or how much money/drugs he has taken its WHO he is taken it from. He gets a rush out of phucking over big drug lords operation. This cat can show up at a stash house, sit outside, smoke a cig and bags of dope drop to the ground. He doesnt even have to kick in the door with guns blazing.

Man you're sleeping on a GREAT series homie!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    The Shield.

Nothing remotely funny with that because the shield is as good as TheWire. YOU may not agree because your OPINION is TheWire. Deal with it. Just another white boy in awe of urban life. It is ok. Hopefully you get the message behind TheWire and not just the pure entertainment aspect it presents.