Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Magic- Suns Trade Almost Done

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Same thing I thought too. These are lateral moves for Orlando. Changes for the sake of making changes. They gain a little bit of playmaking I guess with Arenas/Turkoglu.
    I disagree. Orlando improved from these moves. They actually have a couple guys who can create their own shot. Lewis and Vince are done.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Orlando looks like they got the better deal to me IMO.

J-Rich has been out playing Vince Carter this year, weather that's a product of Nash, who knows, but he's been statistically better then him this year.

Hedo is still a better replacement then Pietrus.

Gortat is a decent player, but I don't see what everyone is so high on the guy.

Default Re: TRADE CLOSE!: Suns may trade J-Rich, others to Magic for Vince Carter, others

Nash+Vinsanity backcourt=2k AWESOME!

But the Magic definitely got better. Getting Hedo back, adding another wing scorer in J-rich. I could see them flipping J-rich though for some backup bigs or at least one since they lost Gortat.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: TRADE CLOSE!: Suns may trade J-Rich, others to Magic for Vince Carter, others

I think people feel its a lateral move because they basically traded for a swingman whos about as good as New Jersey VC. hes still close to 30 with an injury past.

hes playing better than VC, but its not a huge upgrade. consistent scoring and a lil more athletiscm for the next 2 years.

Hedo was a match up nightmare for us last time around,but Garnett,and an improving Davis can offset that.

Not having Gortat will be a blow because thatbig men depth is a BONUS in the playoffs. I imagine they will pick somebody up

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Getting Hedo back
    Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's a positive thing?

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Gortat isn't part of the deal.

He had his best year there, maybe he can go back to being that go. Plus he creates his own shot, which the Magic sorely need. And he can set people up.

Oh the Bealsanity

I don't understand it either. Anyway, it's reportedly official:

he Orlando Magic and Phoenix Suns have reportedly agreed on a trade that includes Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Earl Clark, a draft pick and cash. Posted by Ben Golliver.

Earlier today, we noted a report from CBSSports.com's Ken Berger that outlined the developing possibility of a trade between the Orlando Magic and the Phoenix Suns. Yahoo! Sports and ESPN.com are both reporting on Saturday that a deal has been consummated between the two teams.

The Orlando Magic will reportedly send guard Vince Carter, center Marcin Gortat, wing Mickael Pietrus a first round pick and $3 million (the maximum amount allowed in a trade) to the Phoenix Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark.

For the Magic, they get a proven playoff scoring threat in Jason Richardson and a versatile forward with whom they are familiar in Turkoglu. They also get a heavy burden with Turkoglu's contract and sacrifice depth in the middle with the departure of Gortat.

The Suns immediately address their needs for defense and rebounding with the acquisition of Gortat and shed the remaining years of salary owed to Turkoglu. They also roll the dice on Carter, who is in the final year of his guaranteed contract.

Berger confirms the Suns/Magic trade reports and additionally reports that a trade between the Orlando Magic and Washington Wizards sending Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas to the Magic for forward Rashard Lewis is a "done deal."

CBSSports source confirms: Magic get Turkoglu, JRich, Earl Clark from Suns, Arenas from Wizards. "Done deal," CBSSports source says. Wizards get Rashard Lewis, while Suns get Carter, Gortat, Pietrus.

Berger also notes that a source tells him that the Houston Rockets "tried to get in mix for Gortat, with Kevin Martin going to Magic, but couldn't get it done."

The move of Lewis for Arenas is a swap of horrible contracts, but it makes some sense for Orlando as it was going to be difficult to find minutes for Lewis, Turkoglu and the team's two other power forwards, Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass. The Magic add two scoring threats on the perimeter in Arenas and Richardson, but the trades leave them extremely vulnerable in the middle should anything happen to Dwight Howard.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...s_Phoenix_Suns

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117

Wow, I thought the Wizards were going to send a backup C to the Magic. Now who backs up Dwight? Orton?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117

here's a hint. if dwight howard gets hurt or misses a ton of game time....the magic aren't winning anyway. so who cares if this "leaves them vulnerable in the middle should anything happen to howard"

of course they are screwed if their best player goes down. no kidding.

these deals help the magic immensely. they'll be able to find a way to replace gortat's 16 minutes 4 points 5 boards. don't worry. clark is a decent player with good upside as well. he's 6-10 and could easily produce what gortat was doing in 16 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Is too

Local High School Star

Richardson gives Orlando a player who can create his own shots and penetrate on defense, something they were sorely lacking.

I think its a pretty solid move for Orlando. If they can also pull off the Arenas trade it will give them an very potent(and less streaky) offensive team, and they'll be a good defensive team as long as Howard is the anchor. Arenas is also a much better defender than Carter.

They will have a pretty small back-court though. Guess it doesn't matter much when Howard is your Center.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

OKayyyy, so a nash and carter backcourt sounds interesting, hedo can go back to magic he's a scrub to me who can shoot threes.. but Ima miss richardson

Like I said earlier, Orlando desperately needs a back up man. JJ Redick and Q Rich are now very available, I assume. Not too many bigs they can get. Closer to the deadline some new names will be available, but considering how many other teams also need big men, I can't think of a trade that would really net them a decent big.

Maybe if Sheed comes back from retirement, but that's a long shot. Is it time for an Antoine Walker? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic