Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Westbrook's Value

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    I would add Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to that list, maybe Kevin Love too if he continues to improve.
    Nah, I just don't see the argument for Howard or Love on a different level of value than a healthy Westbrook.

Paul you could probably make the strongest case I guess, but really just don't think he's on a different level.

Coach Nick is awful. He has way too much bias in his videos...

He has had an anti-westbrook bias from day one

Seriously, how does he blame westbrook? I didnt watch his video. Did he even watch the game? Makes you question his IQ for real.

Decent playground baller

I seriously don't think Westbrook is a GREAT pg. He is a very good scorer who can handle the rock, but his game is not about setting up others. His game is about him beating his man off the dribble, and make unbelievable shots.

He has more Wade in him than being a PG. The problem with Westbrook is you can't play him at 2 because he can't defend bigger guards. And Westbrook is not a good off the ball player. He needs to have the ball in his hand to be creative and productive. Add that with Durant also another player who rather create than run plays without the ball, you have a serious dilemma there.

Dunking on everybody in the park

IMO it's simply not true Westbrook can not guard bigger guards. He's one of the most physical PGs in the game. Especially with the lack of good SGs who would really use the height advantage. He's also IMHO one of the best guards at guarding low post and battling for the position.

I agree about him not being a good off ball player, except for his ability to make great cuts and finish on oops and such.

I agree with some of the stuff Coach Nick says about Westbrook (they are obvious), but he's obviously biased. I hate some of the shit he says, his analysis are often biased too. I think he gets the basics right and he kind of understands the game, but his general reasoning is often false. I don't think he's a really smart person. Poor man's Sebastian Pruitti...

College star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDaBEst
    Id trade anyone for him besides kobe
    That's convenient, as the entire Laker team outside of Kobe isn't even worth Westbrook.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Honestly, after what happened to OKC in the playoffs one would think this dude would quit hating on Russ.

But nope, this clown is still hating on him and pointing out small mistakes..

College star

Westbrook is the only reason why the Thunder came back from a double digit deficit, amidst the trash that KD was putting forward throughout the game. And then, on top of that, Westbrook hits the perceived game-winner before Thabo has yet another brain fart defending a last second shot.

Both KD and Ibaka's production have VASTLY improved since Westbrook returned, both this season and even dating back to the playoffs last season. Both were inefficient prior to Westbrook coming back, especially Ibaka.

But yeah. Let's question whether we can gauge Westbrook's value to the Thunder, and ignore both the statistical facts, and the game itself.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Westbrook is a top 5 player and has shown to be quite durable minus that freak injury last year. People like to point to Westbrooks shooting % and his shot selection and how he's not a point guard. His value cannot be seen in the stat sheet. Haters are always going to hate.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

if you look at his stats you'll see he shot 25 times today but down the stretch he kept plays alive and made big plays

People that are just stat watchers will never understand his importance.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Westbrook is a top 3 player. The number of plays he makes that no one else would have been capable of is ridiculous.
    Correction.

1.Bron
    2.GOATbrook
    3.Durant