Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Season of the tank!-2013-14 regular season

[QUOTE]Parker, a Mormon, told ESPN L.A. that he had ruled out serving a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

"I think I have at this point," he said. "It

Eric Moreland To Leave Oregon State For NBA Draft

Apr 12, 2014 | Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Eric Moreland averaged 8.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game last season.
    undrafted likely

Jake Fischer: Source: Michigan soph forward Glenn Robinson III has signed with an agent and will enter the NBA Draft. Press conference coming this week. Twitter
    Could be in play for the Jazz's early 2nd.

Pete Thamel: SOURCE: Syracuse forward Jerami Grant plans to announce he's declaring for the NBA Draft today. Twitter
    Possibly in play for the Jazz's 2nd pick

As it stands, the Jazz can mathematically tie or pass Orlando for the third-worst record if the Magic beat either the Bulls or the Pacers or both. However, the chances of Orlando beating either team are too remote to take into serious consideration. So, the Jazz can realistically finish anywhere from fourth-worst to sixth-worst.
    Depends on if those teams have anything to play for. Looks like they might. They might end up sitting guys to rest for the playoffs too.

The Jazz control their destiny. They can simply lose vs. the Lakers and Timberwolves to clinch the fourth-worst record. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle ways that Utah can make sure it loses its final two games.

But should the Jazz intentionally throw those games?

Intentionally losing any game runs against the competitive spirit that makes sports fun. What kind of message would throwing games send to the Jazz players? Such a move would signal to the players and coaches that they're so bad it's worth tossing a game or two to increase the odds of a high lottery pick.

That's not the best way to build loyalty.

Besides, the Jazz need to convince their young talent to stay for as long as possible so they can build a playoff-calibur team around a top lottery pick. It doesn't do much good for the Jazz to get a top-three pick only to have young players such as Trey Burke jet as soon as they can become free agents.

Speaking of Burke, he's already spoken out against tanking to Jody Genessy: "We play hard, practice hard every single day. Why would we want to go out there and try to lose? Wherever we do land in the lottery, that will be great for us, but to try to tank games and lose games, I think, is just absurd."

So, is intentionally losing the Jazz' final two games and adding tension to the locker room really worth better odds of getting a top lottery pick? What happens if the Jazz do finish with the fourth-worst record only to drop to the No. 7 pick in the lottery? While that scenario has only a 1.2 percent chance of happening, it's possible. After all, there would be a 62.2 percent chance the Jazz won't be in the top three even if the team throws its remaining two games.

At any rate, it makes Monday's game between the two worst teams in the West interesting.

Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
    I think it sucks to be put in a position where you hope they lose. Something needs to be done about the current system.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...the-No-14.html

Coach K as the next Jazz head coach? I like him. Not sure he's the guy for the job though. I liked Murdock too!

Michael Pointer: #Pacers coach Frank Vogel says George, West and Stephenson will not play tomorrow in Orlando. Twitter @michaelpointer
    That could hurt Orlando's tanking efforts. Jazz could still tie for 3rd.

Jason King: Baylor soph center Isaiah Austin will enter the NBA draft, sources tell @BleacherReport . Austin wouldve gone last season if not for injury. Twitter

Isaiah Austin: To whoever falsely said that I will enter the draft, I am still weighing my options and have not come to an official decision yet Twitter @IsaiahAustin
    potential stretch big. early/ mid 2nd

Michigan State junior Branden Dawson announced his decision to remain in school for his senior season on Tuesday. A 6-foot-6 guard/forward from Gary, Ind., Dawson averaged 11.2 points and a team-best 8.3 rebounds for the Spartans in 2013-14. Michigan State Official Athletic Site
    early 2nd

Bruce Pascoe: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Kaleb Tarczewski are staying at Arizona, Sean Miller confirms. Twitter

Aaron Gordon: From the first grade, I've wanted to compete at the highest level. So that's what I intend on doing next year. I am going to go to the NBA

Twitter @IamAaronGordon
    top 10. stretch 4.

Point guard Elfrid Payton will forgo his senior season at Louisiana Lafayette and enter the 2014 NBA Draft, a league source informed CSNNW.com. According to another source educated on the situation says the 6-4 guard has agreed to make Ty Sullivan of Creative Artist Agency his agent. CSNNW.com
    late first

Adam Zagoria: Rodney Hood is gone to the NBA, source told @SNYtv. Jabari decides tomorrow. Twitter
    I think maybe I've mentioned him already? mid late first

[QUOTE]The Lakers broadcast put up a stat box when Burks was shooting free throws:

[QUOTE]1. The Jazz had two big stretches in which they just couldn

[QUOTE]Since March 3, Jazz opponents have scored at least 101 points in 14 of 22 games. Utah is 3-19 since Milwaukee, which owns the worst record in the league, rolled to a 114-88 victory.

Individually, the list of individuals who have torched the Jazz include the Bucks

[QUOTE]This season, Hayward

[QUOTE]And while the group is still waiting for their first win as a starting five, rookie point guard Burke said he