Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Steven A. Smith quote

If he hits a couple of those easy jumpers, then its the greatest performance ever. Magic is so dumb

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Westbrook is a retard

I seriously do not understand why he doesn't play like a point guard. If he played smart, OKC would have beaten the Heat today! The 1st thing a PG does is to involve everyone in the game and look for his shot later on, this guy goes 1-6 to begin with

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Magic said it? I bet he wasn't paying attention to the game.
    I think he said it at half time, so it's not quite as completely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    That's REAL fukked up Magic said that man.....the guy is young, and for someone of your status, the arguably best PG in history, to just shit on him like that.
    Pretty sure Russ realizes Magic is retarded though.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    Westbrook kept OKC in the game for a stretch when KD was on the bench. He hit like 3 straight jumpers.
    Yeah but before that he missed like 11 in a row. Steven A wasn't quoting. He said it after a heated speech about how Westbrook shoots too much. Has to run the offense if he is going to be dominating the ball. It was just ugly. Thunder need a real pg so bad.

Local High School Star

Should have kept the games on TNT. Wilbon, Magic, etc all don't know what the hell they're talking about. Atleast Kenny and Charles keep things humorous. Magic is almost as bad as Shaq at trying to give insight after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Westbrook is a retard

I seriously do not understand why he doesn't play like a point guard. If he played smart, OKC would have beaten the Heat today! The 1st thing a PG does is to involve everyone in the game and look for his shot later on, this guy goes 1-6 to begin with
    Thought of a certain guy, then read your user name...

anyone who would say something like that must be watching their first finals

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I think he said it at half time, so it's not quite as completely retarded.
    Still stupid on Magic's part to say it, especially at half time, when the game is not over.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Thought of a certain guy, then read your user name...
    It's not like he can't play the point or anything

Whenever he drives, the defense collapses on him and kicks out to the open guy, good things happen for the OKC everytime

Instead he settles for pull up Js with 20 left on the shot clock most of the time

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    i can't imagine magic or anyone else said he had the worst performance in history AFTER the game. it had to be said during the half or something when westbrook was playing shit
    He said it afterwards I believe.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    It's not like he can't play the point or anything

Whenever he drives, the defense collapses on him and kicks out to the open guy, good things happen for the OKC everytime

Instead he settles for pull up Js with 20 left on the shot clock most of the time
    Exactly .

Magic was completely out of line with that comment. I mean, it's not like they'll be calling him "tragic Westbrook" after this game.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Some of you are misinterpreting. Magic didn't mean Westbrook had the worst first half ever, from a basketball stand point, he meant from a POINT GUARD stand point. And although it's still a bit much, Westbrook did have (and has had many) horrible "point guard" plays.

Part of the blame goes to Westbrook and part of the blame goes to Brooks for not discipling him, but Westbrook is shooting too much. You guys are insane just looking at final stat line and defending Westbrook, he played bad tonight. You can't LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SHOT OVER SETTING UP THE MOST GIFTED SCORER OF THIS GENERATION consistently.

It's not just Magic, even veteran journos, guys who are very respected, like Michael Wilbon and JA Adande, have took shots at Westbrook for, basically, playing like Iverson.

As a point guard, Westbrook is not doing a good job. And yes, he had a horrible first half, 2-10, missing wide-open Durant multiple times.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

i can't believe how many Westbrook defenders here in this thread, you guys really need to watch some team basketball and see what point guards usually do, especially if one of the point guard's other teammates is a scoring machine.

one of Stockton's 10 points, 13 assists game would help the Thunder better than a typical Westbrook 23 points on 24 shots game.