Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star

Default Re: Getting shoulder surgery...

OP you weak. You don't need surgery. Read MindBody Prescription before you go under the knife. Give your body a chance to heal itself first.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    OP you weak. You don't need surgery. Read MindBody Prescription before you go under the knife. Give your body a chance to heal itself first.
    I did... I first dislocated it in 2009... Three dislocations and one subluxation since... MRI showed extensive damage and labrum was badly torn... It is very unstable... I put on 18 lbs of muscle in 2-3 months and it still popped out, even gave myself a lot of time off... Plus it is a lot more mental now, I can't even extend my arm without thinking about it dislocating...

Getting the surgery tomorrow morning, hopefully it goes well and I can be hooping like I use to with no fear...

A month later... Surgery went well, was on a sling for 4 weeks and just started physio today. They say my ROM looks good and I didn't lose too much muscle but it is still a long road to recovery. Can barely use the arm and the pain is still there... I hope to be back on the court by August, but I won't rush it.

Listen to your brain, don't rush anything. It is going to suck for this year but it is better for a year to suck for a couple of years to suck even worse. What I though was going to be a couple of months turn to 4 months without any gym time for me.

I injured my wrist and then reinjure it when I try to put to much weight on it. It is the worst, listen to your body.

Progress is slow but apparently I'm ahead of schedule... This is tough mentally, can't ball for a few more months