Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    you know if Kobe was in Lebron's shoes he would have done the same if not better...
    Probably not because he's an idiot.

-"If Dirk wants to be in my top 5, he has to stop making excuses and step up. Struggling vs GS is not an excuse. Greats find ways, except if your Dirk. This aint boxing, you cant blame styles making fights. This is basketball and you're supposed to be a great, a top 5 player. Since when were you contained by midgets? You're 7'0."

The Heat were a garbage franchise for a few years prior to Wade's arrival. He got injured in the early part of his rookie season and they got off to a horrible start. He then came back and led them to the playoffs, which at the beginning of the season, seemed like a total pipedream. Once in the playoffs, they knocked off a veteran Hornets team and took the Pacers to 6 games (I think).

Impressive resume before Shaq if you ask me.

I'm kind of late to the thread, but when was Dirk ever a top 5 player? A top ten player, yes but top 5?

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Ohhhhh there we go. The Shaq factor. So basically Wade will never prove himself until Shaq is gone. Thats basically all you and others are stating. Look up the Heats record and Wade's production when Shaq was sitting his fat ass on the bench. Proves enough.

While you look up that I'll leave you with this.

Dirk in the NBA finals vs the Heat avg 23ppg shooting 39% FG and 25% from downtown in 6 games.

Dirk the following year in the first round vs GS avg 20ppg shooting 38% FG and 21% from downtown in 6 games.

But eh, Wade has to prove himself because Shaq fat ass is on the team. Pat Riley said it best in reference to Shaq "Maybe we should start paying him only half of his contract since he plays half a season?".
    you're a dipsh-it

and when you reach 1,000,000 posts in the next 3 months you will still be a dipsh-it.

so we should just disregard the fact that Wade played with the most dominating center in the NBA I guess?....we should disregard the fact that Shaq brought the Heat back from under .500 without Wade?....we should disregard the fact that Wade spent last season in a wheelchair...

lets just all pretend that Wade can do no wrong and Shaq is a fat nobody that does nothing then...

you're a dipsh-it

and when you reach 1,000,000 posts in the next 3 months you will still be a dipsh-it.

so we should just disregard the fact that Wade played with the most dominating center in the NBA I guess?....we should disregard the fact that Shaq brought the Heat back from under .500 without Wade?....we should disregard the fact that Wade spent last season in a wheelchair...

lets just all pretend that Wade can do no wrong and Shaq is a fat nobody that does nothing then...
    Wade never played with a prime Shaq, though. That's the difference.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Wade never played with a prime Shaq, though. That's the difference.
    he was still shaq....and he was still the best center in the NBA...and when he is healthy (even to this day) he is better than any center in the NBA.

you're a dipsh-it

Says the idiot who in another thread would draft Yi over Tim Duncan if a draft were done today.

You're not on my level. Find a subject where you outshine me and hope for your sake I want to pretend/challenge you in it. Then and only then would you be able to truly feel like GOBB is a dipshyt.

so we should just disregard the fact that Wade played with the most dominating center in the NBA I guess?....
    Most dominating Center? In a league where PF play Center? In a league where the Center position has changed ie your prototypical Center no longer exists due to the versatile players in the game? Most dominating Center who watched his team get swept? Most dominating Center where a year prior didnt even win finals MVP vs a team that didnt have a Center worthy to carry his gym bags?

You're stuck in the past. Shaq is not a dominating force anymore. At times he can dominate but so can Yao Ming. And last I checked Yao Ming is the best Center in the NBA, but we will continue to hold Shaq to the "most dominating center" fantasy for another 3-4yrs.

And you call me a dipshyt?

we should disregard the fact that Shaq brought the Heat back from under .500 without Wade?....
    Just like you disregard the Heats record without Shaq & with Wade.

we should disregard the fact that Wade spent last season in a wheelchair...
    Just like we disregard Shaq playing 59gms last year and 40gms this year. Wade played more games thasn Shaq did last season...disregard that it was only 10 more games.

We dont have to pretend Shaq isnt fat. Even his head coach Pat Riley acknowledged that much.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Devientz
    Heres my feelings on Wade...

As far as I'm concerned he had one outstanding series against Dallas and thats it. Im not trying to downplay it, but thats the only reason hes even considered in this topic. Granted he hasnt been in the league long, and hes on his way, but hes not there yet and hes way overated imo. I dont hate Wade, but i dont think hes done enough to be considered top 5. Hes definately an all-star callibur player, but he just hasnt done enough to prove himself in my eyes. If he followed up his finals MVP with an outstanding season then Id probably have him top 3, but he didnt and then he got injured...Anyone can have 1 outstanding playoff series. Takes more than that to be considered great especially when your in the east. If he takes his team back to the top next year he will change my mind.
    Wow, Wade has been one of the most accomplished playoff performers in the first 3 years of his career in the history of the game. He helped lead a young and overachieving Heat team to the second round of the playoffs in his rookie year and came close to knocking off the number one team in the East. In his sophmore year, he put up historic numbers by becoming only the fifth player in history to average 25/8ast/50% for a whole series and followed it up by averaging 30/8/50% in the second round. Almost led the Heat past the Pistons in that same year, and probably would have done so if not for his hip injury. He won a championship in his 3rd year, with a historic performance and prior to that he dominated the Pistons averaging 30ppg on 70% shooting through 4 games (63% shooting, 27 ppg for the whole sereies). Not to mention he's been great in the regular season year in and year out. Yeah, not seeing AT ALL how he's overrated or how he's only had ONE great series.

you're a dipsh-it
    Gonna start swearing now? Come on, you're more mature than that.
    so we should just disregard the fact that Wade played with the most dominating center in the NBA I guess?
    Shaq's numbers didn't show that.
    we should disregard the fact that Shaq brought the Heat back from under .500 without Wade?....
    For the love of God...
    we should disregard the fact that Wade spent last season in a wheelchair...
    Enough with the wheelchair bullshi*t.
    That'd be a lie. Shaq is just not an excellent player anymore. Wade is.

Face, it, primetime, Wade > Dirk. Stop saying all this crap because you're a Mavericks fan. Wade is better. Dirk isn't top 5.

That is a fact.

Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Young HkM
    Look at it this way. What did Dwayne Wade do this season to prove that he was a top 5 player, let alone better than Dirk? For all we know he may be on the decline for the rest of his career (probably not but who knows?), because of that reason, I would not put him in my top 5. It's not his fault, but that's how it is, he needs to prove himself every season.

this is all that needs to be said...

no everone go back to your lists and take Wade out
    well with that logic from wut we saw from dirk in his latest playoffs outing, wuts to say that hes not gonna be a pansy ass ***** for the rest of his career, and shoot terribly and choke terribly in the playoffs?

-primetime-

Says the idiot who in another thread would draft Yi over Tim Duncan if a draft were done today.
    You're not on my level. Find a subject where you outshine me and hope for your sake I want to pretend/challenge you in it. Then and only then would you be able to truly feel like GOBB is a dipshyt.
    Yi is 19, Duncan is 32.....that is a 13 year differance...Sure Dunca would be better for the next 4 to 5 years....but then I have another 13 years to top that....I would take my chances with the youngster
    Most dominating Center? In a league where PF play Center? In a league where the Center position has changed ie your prototypical Center no longer exists due to the versatile players in the game? Most dominating Center who watched his team get swept? Most dominating Center where a year prior didnt even win finals MVP vs a team that didnt have a Center worthy to carry his gym bags?

You're stuck in the past. Shaq is not a dominating force anymore. At times he can dominate but so can Yao Ming. And last I checked Yao Ming is the best Center in the NBA, but we will continue to hold Shaq to the "most dominating center" fantasy for another 3-4yrs.
    Shaq is the most dominating center no matter what league or era...keep pretending that shaq is done and means nothing...
    And you call me a dipshyt?:
    yeah, I guess I did...
    Just like you disregard the Heats record without Shaq & with Wade.
    no, they were below .500 without Shaq....then Shaq brought them back above and into the playoffs....I have said this before.
    We dont have to pretend Shaq isnt fat. Even his head coach Pat Riley acknowledged that much.
    no, but I guess you can pretend that Shaq sucks

Shaq is the most dominating center no matter what league or era...keep pretending that shaq is done and means nothing...
    no, but I guess you can pretend that Shaq sucks
    You really enjoy putting words in people's mouths. Who here said Shaq is useless? *Crickets*.

Primetime, either you really don't like Wade, or you really like Dirk. I think both.

I'll be back later.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

A bit late on this one but no Dirk isn't top 5. He can't get it done consistantly in the playoffs. I saw stuff about Dirk is better Wade arguments in the other page, I say that Wade is better. He can get it done in the playoffs and is a better leader and can carry his team when they are stuggling.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Gonna start swearing now? Come on, you're more mature than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Enough with the wheelchair bullshi*t.
    hmmm....something seems.....hmmm