Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Doesn't he lead the olympics in goaltends?

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

. They coulda haggled for 10mil/year

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

He's 22 years old. You nor anyone else have any idea if this it for Ibaka. It's not like he's reached his ceiling and is done improving.

I'll ask again, what was Presti and the OKC front office supposed to do? Wait until the summer and be put in a position to have to match a 13-14M per year offer sheet or let him walk?
    If a team is stupid enough to pay him 14 mil a year, then absolutely let him walk. Or trade him before then. If OKC thinks their current core is enough to win a championship, they have another thing coming. They're just gonna lose to LA and Miami every year until they're forced to blow it up.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I'm not sure how much you can trust his age. He may be older.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    If a team is stupid enough to pay him 14 mil a year, then absolutely let him walk. Or trade him before then. If OKC thinks their current core is enough to win a championship, they have another thing coming. They're just gonna lose to LA and Miami every year until they're forced to blow it up.
    Ahh...more ignorance.

So OKC's core isn't good enough to win it all? Did you forget how young their core is? I mean there's no way in hell a bunch of 22 and 23 year olds can learn from this playoff run and get better, right?

And the Lakers? Really? You mean the team where 3/4 of their "superstar" core are in their 30s and on their last legs at the end of the prime? This current Lakers team has about a 2-year window, tops.

Problem with the Lakers is those idiots will magically find a way to build a team.

All their contracts expire in 2 years other than Nash and Howard if he signs, and Nash might very well retire if he gets his chip.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Ignorance. They basically played Miami even in 4 out of 5 games and got some tough breaks in them.

LA's core will be retired in 2 years minus Dwight.

At worst OKC is 3rd in "favorites" this year, and at worst will be 2nd in "favorites" after this year. Year after that the core finally enters their primes.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    How is Iblocka overpaid when guys like Deandre Jordan and Javale Mcgee are getting money in the same neighbourhood. This is a fair deal for Ibaka, not a steal by any means. He can still improve his offensive game and man defense. Okc once again shows why they have some of the best management in the league by locking him up before some idiot GM could offer him a max deal(I'm looking at you David Kahn). What OKC needs to do is trade Harden because he's definitely going to get overpaid big time.
    I dont like when people say "this player isnt overpaid bc this player is paid the same". You cant compare one overpaid player to another overpaid player and say that they are not overpaid bc both of them got paid the same. Jordan and Ibaka are both overpaid, there is no doubt about that. I'd say Mcgee is a bit above Ibaka bc he is a true center.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    . They coulda haggled for 10mil/year
    Doubtful. If they wanted to keep him, they needed to pay him this amount. No way he agrees to terms on 10 mil a year. He would have just went to the open market. OKC knows the teams around the league are overpaying young bigmen right now. They decided they wanted to keep him and offered up the coin.

Is Harden taking less money though?....I mean he is guaranteed max deals.

And if you give him max then that puts you at

20 mil Durant
    20 mil Westbrook
    12 mil Ibaka
    14.5 mil Harden

If he makes the All Star team this year, then that goes up I beleive

Cap is

58 mil I believe?

Those 4 guys are at 66.5.

So even if you offer him less than the Max , the 4 of them alone will likely take you slightly over the limit.

And the money doesn't flow like the Lakers.

Westbrook never gets above 17 million on his deal. He's below max a few of the years too.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Talking Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR THE THUNDER!!!

Serge is a fcking beast and anyone talking shit in the thread is either scared as fck or doesn't watch the Thunder.

THE DYNASTY IS SET. THUNDER WILL RULE THE WEST FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xM8DWlz24A

Iblocka going to average a triple double next year

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
    THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR THE THUNDER!!!

Serge is a fcking beast and anyone talking shit in the thread is either scared as fck or doesn't watch the Thunder.

THE DYNASTY IS SET. THUNDER WILL RULE THE WEST FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!

At worst we have to wait 2-3 years when ideally, our top players reach their primes (26-27). THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, we just might have to be patient.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    I'm not sure how much you can trust his age. He may be older.