Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Scarface/Tony Montana and Black People

Why do black people like/revere scarface/tony montana so much?

Default Re: Scarface/Tony Montana and Black People

Why do white people like Mayonnaise and peanut butter so much?

I'm black and don't care for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Peanut Butter? that's not a white thing....
    That's not what the hispanic people say about white people..

It's only the hip-hop generation males from the late 80's-90s, that's it.

Older cats, this generation, most females don't give a damn about Scarface.

Your question should be: why is Scarface such a overhyped and overrated film, and why does anyone get obsessed by it?

It is an enjoyable film with an entertaining performance by Pacino, but it really doesn't deserve the severe bumming it receives. People's ridiculous obsessions with certain films just make me dislike them more than i otherwise would, so **** off and stop ruining films for me!!!!

Decent college freshman

While we're on the topic, why do black guys seem to love average to ugly looking white girls with super bleached blonde hair, orange tans and fake tits?

I see this all the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Why do white people like Mayonnaise and peanut butter so much?
    why do puerto ricans like poverty? Seems like they all have that in common

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I used to love Scarface...still do

Why? Because its a really good movie...Pacinos best role IMO

Never had a Scraface movie poster hanging on my wall or anything, but do like the movie

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    While we're on the topic, why do black guys seem to love average to ugly looking white girls with super bleached blonde hair, orange tans and fake tits?

I see this all the time.
    Never heard this stereotype before.

I'm familiar with the stereotype that black men go for fat white women who never wear make-up, and that's something seen a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Your question should be: why is Scarface such a overhyped and overrated film, and why does anyone get obsessed by it?

It is an enjoyable film with an entertaining performance by Pacino, but it really doesn't deserve the severe bumming it receives. People's ridiculous obsessions with certain films just make me dislike them more than i otherwise would, so **** off and stop ruining films for me!!!!
    Uh oh, we got a badass elitist cineaste over here!!

To answer OP's question, a lot of inner city blacks feel they don't belong in mainstream society and its workforce, so they look to economic sustenance of an illegal nature and have disdain for authority and the officers who enforce it. Blacks, in general, always have their "ear to the streets" so to speak and keep it real by acknowledging the hood as a second homeland to Africa.

Tony Montana in 'Scarface' is one of the quintessential embodiments of the outlaw who bucks the trend, goes against the system and its laws in order to build an empire through illegal commerce. He's an icon of someone who reached a high level of success in the way a lot of blacks are striving to right now. It's the same reason why rappers always boast about how much weight they're dealing and reference hallowed figures such as Pablo Escobar, Frank Lucas, Manuel Noriega, Rick Ross, etc.

It's the whole Get Rich or Die Tryin' mentality. Not that hard to understand.

Black people think its cool to sell drugs, kill people, kill their best friend, do lots of coke, and participate in all types of f*ckry.

Tony Montana>Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    To answer OP's question, a lot of inner city blacks feel they don't belong in mainstream society and its workforce, so they look to economic sustenance of an illegal nature and have disdain for authority and the officers who enforce it. Blacks, in general, always have their "ear to the streets" so to speak and keep it real by acknowledging the hood as a second homeland to Africa.

Tony Montana in 'Scarface' is one of the quintessential embodiments of the outlaw who bucks the trend, goes against the system and its laws in order to build an empire through illegal commerce. He's an icon of someone who reached a high level of success in the way a lot of blacks are striving to right now. It's the same reason why rappers always boast about how much weight they're dealing and reference hallowed figures such as Pablo Escobar, Frank Lucas, Manuel Noriega, Rick Ross, etc.

It's the whole Get Rich or Die Tryin' mentality. Not that hard to understand.
    lol @ people claiming a place they've never even been to as their homeland - really, that is incredibly stupid.

Montana was a self-destructive and egomaniacal maniac. Anyone that looks to him as some kind of role model is a ****ing idiot or a homicidal maniac. He got rich and then died being a coked up bellend, what you are saying makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Uh oh, we got a badass elitist cineaste over here!!
    Yehyeh, it is 'elitist' to prefer good cinema over average cinema. Blah blah.

Scarface is a cartoon film. It is entertaining but certainly no masterpiece, and not even close to being Pacino's best performance.