Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

A lot, but whatever. Trying to win a championship here. I'd be pissed if we spent this before last season when we were destined to be bad.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Kris Humprhies is staying with Nets on two-year deal valued at $24 million

Sounds pretty reasonable for a guy coming off back-to-back double double seasons.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    CHA offered Hump 3-yr, $28mill deal.
    Why would they offer him a shitty contract like that? They might get a few more wins in the short run but it will hurt them in the long run. Have another shitty season, get a top 3-5 pick and then start to sign some players.. Draft a player like C.Zeller and build around the core of MKG, Zeller, Biyombo..

I rep Lakers!

Humphries now getting 12 million...has there honestly ever been a summer where more role players have gotten paid allstar money than this one? Absolutely ridiculous, and at the clown trying to say "its just 12m" your a flat out moron :

10 mil/year would have been fairer, but since it's only for two years... not bad.

He has improved a lot over the years, and other than being a TV celebrity/douche bag, I don't see where the hate comes from.

BKN needed a big guy who can rebound and get easy buckets within the flow of the game without taking touches away from the other starters, and he fits the bill.

He's been also developing a nice little jumper, and if he continues to work on it (he's gonna have to since he's only getting a 2-year deal), he can become their third best player before the end of this season.

Not the worst contract this offseason. I thought the Nets didn't have the money to resign him. It's not like him and his agent would expect a similar salary to his last one.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Not the worst contract this offseason. I thought the Nets didn't have the money to resign him. It's not like him and his agent would expect a similar salary to his last one.
    then, pray tell, what is the worst contract this offseason? I cant think of one worse than this. Maybe Crash? Lin and Asik are about 8 mil per and both much more impactful than this dude, despite his statline. Besides, they had to be structured that way to pry them as RFA away from their former teams. People seem to forget how terrible this team was last year, and they are returning three of the starters but are now playoff bound?

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Riley would've gotten him for 3mill a year but the dude is seriously underrated and hated because he was fooled into a fake marriage...that's how pathetic ppl are while americas slut is running around being famous for getting fcked on camera

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    then, pray tell, what is the worst contract this offseason? I cant think of one worse than this. Maybe Crash? Lin and Asik are about 8 mil per and both much more impactful than this dude, despite his statline. Besides, they had to be structured that way to pry them as RFA away from their former teams. People seem to forget how terrible this team was last year, and they are returning three of the starters but are now playoff bound?
    Landry Fields.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJDW305
    Riley would've gotten him for 3mill a year but the dude is seriously underrated and hated because he was fooled into a fake marriage...that's how pathetic ppl are while americas slut is running around being famous for getting fcked on camera
    again, dude started 62 games for one of the worst teams in the league last year.

Any contract where people almost instantly say (like the Lin one would be for Knicks) and the last year will be a great expirer pretty much is overpaying, no?

Its a 2 Year Deal. Can become a good expirer.

Niko it is an over pay, but it is for 2 years. im not complaining. We needed a guy like him next to Lopez.
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 07-17-2012 at 12:41 PM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    They are returning two starters. Dwill and hump. Brook Lopez missed 61 games and Wallace played half a season. Then they are adding a Perenial 18 ppg scorer. And if the nets let hump escape they won't fill his shoes. And Asik is a scrub. Yeah he's a hard worker but hump is too and he can score and rebound 100x better then Asik. Asik won't get better. All he can do is hustle and play defense. He will never learn to put the ball in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Its a 2 Year Deal. Can become a good expirer.

Niko it is an over pay, but it is for 2 years. im not complaining. We needed a guy like him next to Lopez.
    The two are not mutually exclusive. It's an overpay and a good signing. You know i've always pushed for Nets to resign. Same with Lin.