Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra

I probably won't watch it until about 10 episodes in, because that's how I watch tv shows.

Really looking forward to this. Loved Avatar

doesn't seem to have the same charm as the first. idk, im not liking the direction but will consider checking it out in the future if it holds its own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I like it so far, but they are gonna have to come up with some bomb ass characters to replace Sokka. He was the man.
    yeh that guy was hilarious, but also badass when he had to be.

Spoiler: [COLOR="White"]The Mako character has a lot of Zuko resemblance, im gonna go out on limb and say that he is connected to Zuko as a son/grandson/nephew whatever.

They hinted at telling what happened with Zuko's mother so im sure we are gonna find out soon, I think it will be Mako who show's his back-story that has connection with Zuko.

Also the equalist seem bad ass. I wonder if it's someone important behind the mask in relation to the Avatar or just a villain who is hell bent.

I also cant wait to see Korra connect with the Spirit's so we can see Anng again.

It suck's that Sokka is gone along with Zuko but im sure we get a close look at them with Bolin and Mako [/COLOR]

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler: [COLOR="White"] Well, Mako is my favorite character so far, because he's not impressed with all that avatar nonsense. I think that may have something to do with his backstory. Did you know that Toza (the guy who Korra found when she first entered the pro-bending arena. The one who confronted her before Bolin could save her) actually found Mako practicing his bending outside and homeless. He then invited them in. So maybe they could develop that idea further. All I hope is that the Equalists will be a very hard challenge.[/COLOR]

Serious playground baller

[COLOR=Black]Really pumped for this show. Saw the first 2 episodes last night and I thought they were great. [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=White]"Did you know that Toza (the guy who Korra found when she first entered the pro-bending arena. The one who confronted her before Bolin could save her) actually found Mako practicing his bending outside and homeless."

How do you know that? Did I miss a scene?[/COLOR]

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Spoiler:[COLOR="White"]I dig it. It seems to me like it's going to be more a traditional anime archetype now, whereas the fist was unique in it's growth. The original Avatar is possibly the best at what it did as far as character development, and this one won't match it since it's shorter.

The metal police are awesome, pro-bending is awesome, the characters aren't as interesting this time around thus far but it's early, and there are many threads they show in the first two episodes that could make this great, if they decide to follow them. The Equalists will make or break this saga I think. A great villain, and a great conflict will automatically make this a memorable sequel because the visual style is so amazing.

I like the little wink to everyone at the beginning when the girl asks Katara about Zuko's mom. I wonder if they'll ever show that hand, or if in fact they still are leaving the possibility open for another show all about Firelord Zuko trying to find her.[/COLOR]

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Spoiler: [color=white]

@Kobe681, It wasn't in the episodes. I've just been following this series for a while and came across a little snipbit on Toza, and that's what it said.

@TimmyD, yep. The Equalists are amazing, and if they further develop the fact how dangerous they are, then this series will be awesome.

[/color]

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I really like the evolution of the fighting styles too. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. It leads me to believe that I know what the physical threat in this show will be. Time will tell.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Am I sexist for not wanting to watch this because it revolves around a girl?

Serious playground baller AboveTheRim.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Am I sexist for not wanting to watch this because it revolves around a girl?
    Sexist, stupid; call it whatever you like.

Potential Rumor Spoiler about the Equalist leader: [COLOR="White"]He's actually the son of Azula and instead of wanting "equality," he wants to wipe out bending completely (maybe he was crushed by not being born w/ bending powers?). BTW, they are supposed to have an army later on that uses the bend-blocking skills that Ty Lee used in Avatar. We shall see how this unfolds, but I am INTRIGUED![/COLOR]

Also, I'm glad they didn't try to do an Avatar-lite. This definitely feels like something completely new but with some fanservice added in here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Spoiler: [COLOR="White"]I think the infratsructure changed too much in Republic city and not enough in the southern water tribe.[/COLOR]
    This is the way I look at, Republic City is the conglomeration of their world's cultures and with that comes a lot more free and open thought (at least in its initial design), so it's the most likely to be the epicenter for the world's technological advancement. Whereas the Southern Water Tribe village is going to be slightly behind the trend being more on the outskirts and still being primarily a settlement of one people. Although remember how the village looked in the opening episodes of the Last Airbender, it's advanced by leaps and bounds.

Oh the Bealsanity

Watched the first episode. Me likey.

Spoiler:

Liked the dig about Zukos mom. I lol'ed. The world is going to have to get some getting used to. I liked the old world country aspect a lot. Seeing cars and high rise buildings is a bit off to me but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Like Timmy said, can't wait till Korra goes into the Spirit World so we can see Aang.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Spoiler: [COLOR="White"]The Mako character has a lot of Zuko resemblance, im gonna go out on limb and say that he is connected to Zuko as a son/grandson/nephew whatever.

They hinted at telling what happened with Zuko's mother so im sure we are gonna find out soon, I think it will be Mako who show's his back-story that has connection with Zuko.
    [/COLOR]
    I think they already have enough connections in the main cast from the Last Airbender with Tenzin and Lin Beifong. Having Bolin and Mako (who are brothers) being related to Zuko or any other characters having relation to the past characters would just overwhelm this story a little too much. Plus it's obvious that Aang is going to hang over this series pretty heavily both with Korra and Tenzin. So there will plenty of influence from the Last Airbender here.

Also, they probably aren't going to do anything with story revolving around Zuko's mother in this series, as it's being covered in the Dark Horse comic. And that's a good thing. Using this series to tie up the loose ends of the last series makes it harder to stand on its own, which was one of the primary themes of the very first episode.
    Last edited by steve; 03-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.