Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Beasley for PF or SF?

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Nah, Bowen never penetrates, he's just a spot up shooter. Odom, on the other hand, will get Beasley into foul trouble. Too quick. Jamison's game is very similar to Beasley. He's mainly a jumpshooter so Beasley will be able to guard him. Beasley has shown imrpovement on D from the first few games. He's putting in more effort but he still has a long way to go.

But Bowens 1st step will beat Beasley off the dribble, & get him in foul trouble. Bowen has that 1-2 dribble pull up shot. & to tell you the truth, i think that even Odom, & Jamison would get Beasley in foul trouble as well. If it's me i would just leave him at PF.
    Last edited by Lord Leoshes; 01-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    The thing is in 2010, even if we signed Marion to a $9-10M contract over 3-4 yrs we'd still have ~$35M in free cap to re-sign Wade and add new players considering the cap by then will probably be around $62M, and that's all considered with Banks still on the team. Without Banks, that leaves around $40M.

I really don't think re-signing Marion will hurt our chances a whole lot. And if it's not Marion, then Artest is another guy I'd really look at to bring in for ~$9-10M in the summer of 2009. Everyone gambling on compiling a complete team in 2010 with just rookies (Chalmers, Beasley) and second tier supporting players (Haslem, Cook, Jones, Wright) will be in for a big upset if something doesn't work out as planned.

It is Pat Riley that does not want to sign anyone past 2010.
    & after resigning Wade, Beasley, Chalmers, Cook, Jones partial guaranteed contract we will be at.

Wade around 17,149,243 -this is an estimate from he contract now. this is not exact.
    Beasley=4,962,240
    Jones = around again 2,320,000- not positive either.
    Cook= 2,169,856
    Chalmers=847,000

& that's with out Banks 4,752,000, + 2009 two 2nd round picks, & 2010 1st round pick, & 2nd round pick.
    another thing is that with the economy the way it is, don't expect the cap to go up to much if at all.

Pat is trying to accumulate as much money as possible for 2010, cause he has a plan. Not sure exactly what it is, but i trust Pat.
    Last edited by Lord Leoshes; 01-23-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Cool Re: Michael Beasley for PF or SF?

I am a K-State fan so I watched b-easy in college for everyone of his games. I have watched many heat games this season and it seems b-easy is already a SF slasher. Idk though I have some pretty LNBAIQ

Quote Originally Posted by beasleyfan
    I am a K-State fan so I watched b-easy in college for everyone of his games. I have watched many heat games this season and it seems b-easy is already a SF slasher. Idk though I have some pretty LNBAIQ

We don't have a problem with him on offense at SF. Its that he will not be able to defend the quicker SFs in this league. + his offensive game works better against slower PFs.

Good college starter

I think once he bulk up some more he could be the PF. I think Dorell Wright and Michael Beasley could be a 1-2 punch at the SF and PF spot.

I still think Dorell Wright can be the starting SF for the Heat, he just need to be consistent and stay healthy.

Am starting to like Wright at PF, more then at SF. He is a horrible shooter for a SF. I rather see him gain a little muscle & play closer to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    Am starting to like Wright at PF, more then at SF. He is a horrible shooter for a SF. I rather see him gain a little muscle & play closer to the rim.
    I agree... even as a tweener PF, such as Luc Richard Mbah Moute.

He could be a defensive PF, who has quickness and can take it to the hoop with his athleticism. But with how slim he is now... its probably too late. He's going to have to figure out a way to be an effective NBA player or he won't get another contract after next year.

Quote Originally Posted by stardvd555
    Beasley in the future will play as good at the SF as on PF. Question is where does the Heat need him to play

24-Hours-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset
    Doctor-Who-Season-1-4-DVD-Boxset

Am crossing my fingers, & hoping he can be our future SF, but first he needs to improve, big time on his perimeter defense.
    But if Melo, Walker, Jamison, G Robinson, & many others can, why cant Beasley?
    Or what i like to call him (BRICKSLEY).

Well it appears the decision has been made...

Link: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-equation.html

Interesting interview posted at the Heat's website with Michael Beasley, with the forward discussing his offseason workout plans and pursuits.

Two questions, in particular, and their responses catch your eye.

Heat: Are there any areas of your game you're working on this summer?

Beasley: "I'm working on the things a shooting guard or a small forward would work on. I do a lot of screen work, a lot of jump shots, and ball handling, a lot of stuff point guards do. I know I may never play the one or two, but I feel if I work on those skills, it will be harder to guard me. I do a lot of stuff that Chauncey Billups does. I think he's the best point guard in the NBA, especially coming off screens. Why not try to emulate that? I feel like if I can add that to my game, I will be a tougher matchup."

Heat: Because you do play a lot of power forward, are you planning on putting on more weight?

Beasley: "I'm fine with my weight. I'm going to stay thin. I'm already undersized, so if I can't move, I can't play my game. I want to focus on being quicker at my position."

So is that it? Didn't Erik Spoelstra speak last season about how Michael was going to fill into his body? Wasn't the "power" part of power forward supposed to be the given?

There is plenty to be said about being versatile, honing perimeter skills. The effort is laudable. But there also is plenty to be said about having enough bulk to finish at the rim, or over the rim, absorb contact and have the strength to persevere.

The perimeter skills are already there. Giving up on the power game, the muscle game would be a shame.
    I think it's a shame also. I always hope for the best as a Heat fan, but I expect to see an underachieving season from Beasley as he is forced to try and play SF.

I find it kind of hilarious that our SF will be taller than our PF, and this is supposed to help the team.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

tweener

kidding aside offense he could be a lamar odom type.

defense more of a 3

Banned

Is it possible the Heat could snatch up Odom for a decent amount at cash? It would be niiice to see Beasley at sf and Odom at pf, particularly the way Lamar can rebound so well.

I think if the lakers have to loose Odom because of salary issues.. he would do great returning to Miami.

Well being that the Heat is over the cap, they can't offer Odom anything more than the mid-level... and at this stage everyone agrees Odom is still a player worth anywhere from $8M-$10M.

So if the Lakers would take Haslem + filler for Odom in a sign & trade, it would be something Riley should look at. To avoid Odom's contract affecting their 2010 cap, the Heat could always opt out of Jones' contract, so I don't think it would affect long term plans too badly. But it would be up to the Lakers not wanting to extend Odom to the amount of years he wants... because I'm sure they'd be glad to have him back at ~$8M vs. $14M.

Banned

Well being that the Heat is over the cap, they can't offer Odom anything more than the mid-level... and at this stage everyone agrees Odom is still a player worth anywhere from $8M-$10M.

So if the Lakers would take Haslem + filler for Odom in a sign & trade, it would be something Riley should look at. To avoid Odom's contract affecting their 2010 cap, the Heat could always opt out of Jones' contract, so I don't think it would affect long term plans too badly. But it would be up to the Lakers not wanting to extend Odom to the amount of years he wants... because I'm sure they'd be glad to have him back at ~$8M vs. $14M.

nevermin......

Well it appears the decision has been made...

Link: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-equation.html

I think it's a shame also. I always hope for the best as a Heat fan, but I expect to see an underachieving season from Beasley as he is forced to try and play SF.

I find it kind of hilarious that our SF will be taller than our PF, and this is supposed to help the team.

I rather him be as versatile as possible, it will only help us more.
    Dont know if you remember when Laphonso Ellis, or Billy Owens played for us, but that's the kind of impact Beasley will be having, shifting from SF, to PF.

Dude is a classic Tweener, he'll have much better success as a SF.......he'd have no chance guarding any of the top 15 PF's in the league.....but then again no chance against the top 10 SF's either.