Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I disagree. This is Kobe's team. He has made that clear.

Let's get away from all the rubbish talk with materialistic accolades like rings and stats.

Real talk.

Kobe just aint that great if he can't take this team to the championship. Period. He is not playing injured; he is still in his older prime; he's got them legs.

The big cloud on Kobe's head is whether or not he is a true leader. Remember more than half of those rings belong to Shaq.
    and if the Lakers do win the championship let me guess that ring would belong to Dwight.

Like somebody else said, someone that shoots 6-24 in a game 7 NBA finals shouldn't be top ten. For the last two years the Kobe stans have slowly put Kobe in the top ten, with constantly referring him as a top ten every where they could. It's very effective. Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten, mean while during that time he has been sweaped by Dallas, and had those choke jobs in Dallas. He's a 41% career finals shooter, who unlike every other top 10 player doesn't have defining moments where he just stepped it up and put the team un his back. The only Lakers who has done that during Kobe's time is Fisher, hitting clutch shots and Shaq completely stepping it up during the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten
    Simply not true. A lot of people were putting him in the top 10 after '09, and it was basically unanimous after 2010

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

OP is very narrow minded.

I rule the local playground

top 10 is subjective.....

he can still be top 10 and it would be easy to see why....

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Like somebody else said, someone that shoots 6-24 in a game 7 NBA finals shouldn't be top ten. For the last two years the Kobe stans have slowly put Kobe in the top ten, with constantly referring him as a top ten every where they could. It's very effective. Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten, mean while during that time he has been sweaped by Dallas, and had those choke jobs in Dallas. He's a 41% career finals shooter, who unlike every other top 10 player doesn't have defining moments where he just stepped it up and put the team un his back. The only Lakers who has done that during Kobe's time is Fisher, hitting clutch shots and Shaq completely stepping it up during the Finals.
    I guess Jordan shouldn't be top ten since he shot 6-19 in a close out NBA Finals.

Players should be judge by their body of work. Kobe's resume is easily among the ten best in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    I guess Jordan shouldn't be top ten since he shot 6-19 in a close out NBA Finals.

Players should be judge by their body of work. Kobe's resume is easily among the ten best in NBA history.
    Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol wtf...

when was the last time a guy in his 17th season won finals mvp

its never happend

kobe will be the first. so if he doesnt do it... its not like its a huge failure

lebron lost with 2 other hall of famers in their prime ( and himself in his prime ) to dallas with just basically dirk playing anywhere near his prime. and the only other HOF'r ( kidd ) not near an allstar level

plus... the heat are almost just as stacked as LA.

so itel be kobe/nash/howard/artest/jamison vs lebron/wade/bosh/lewis/allen

i say the lakers are better. but its not like the lakers have as big an advantage as the heat had over dallas in 2011 AND STILL LOST

so by the OP's logit. theres no way lebron should ever be top 10

Umm why did you not include Gasol?

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.
    What are Kareem's finals moments?

What are Bill Russell's finals moments?

What the hell is a Finals moment?

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

81 points against a Canadian team.

Kobe = #1 Laker and Greatest Player of All-Time.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

6-19 is still terrible anyway you try to spin it.

Kobe shot poorly in game 7 of that series, but he contributed in other areas of the game(rebounding and defense).

and lmao at saying Kobe has no defining moments.

The man scored 81 points!

20 years from now, people are still going to remember that over anything Hakeem and maybe even Bird did.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Your "legacy" can't go backwards on anyone's list based on what happens in the future just for the sake of those happenings themselves.

Now what CAN be logical is if something that happens in the future that makes you realize that you were overrating (or underrating) the player in the past.

Like, if for instance, Westbrook (just a random player i thought of) gets hurt next year and OKC still makes the WCF. Some people may then come to the conclusion that they over valued Westbrook and that he is not as good as they once thought, and I would not blame them.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe has rings too... with allot less help

lol

you're quote was "if you lose"

lebron lost with even more of an advantage in 2011

you lose

i LOL'd

And you can rank those players above Kobe and he would still be top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    6-19 is still terrible anyway you try to spin it.

Kobe shot poorly in game 7 of that series, but he contributed in other areas of the game(rebounding and defense).

and lmao at saying Kobe has no defining moments.

The man scored 81 points!

20 years from now, people are still going to remember that over anything Hakeem and maybe even Bird did.
    When people talk about defying moments where the player got in the zone and took over to beat a team in a series when everything looked doubtful, hitting clutch shots after clutch shots in those situations. They're always talking about the playoff, not some meaningless game against the worst team in the league. The regular season was the furthest thing from my mind.

Nobody talks about Jordan's 69 points as one of those moments, and other such regular season games, it's in the playoffs. That clutch steal by bird to beat the Pistons. The Flu game, Jordan's last shot. Those kinds of moments, on a big stage. Not against the Raptors who cared so little about that regular season game that they were barely lifting their hand up whenever Kobe shot.

Even Lebron has bigger moments. Kobe has had the opposite, like those 4 air balls against Utahs. It's the opposite of those moments that I'm talking about.
    Last edited by jstern; 08-25-2012 at 03:24 PM.