Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Default Do you clown overly aggressive defenders?

I was hooping the other day, I get the inbound from under our hoop and the dude starts to body me up trying to steal the ball....

I take the ball and pretend to pass it behind his back and bring it back- like an inside out dribble but behind his back. I wanted to clown him a little for thinking he could rip me.

You guys ever do that?

clown punkasses?
    Last edited by devin112; 05-31-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Default Re: What do you do w/ overly aggressive defender?

Over aggressive defenders are the easiest to beat. Any fake will almost always get them and if not they are so close that you can just blow right by them. Usually overly aggressive defenders aren't very good defenders anyway... they just try to intimidate you by being up in your face.

Most people don't know that they can't put their hands on you while playing D... you can stick a forearm out, but you can't put a hand on them like that so you had every right to slap it away

As for the moving screens... yea it's annoying. Somebody got on me once for not guarding my guy when this one fat dude was just setting moving screens all over the place... he told me to call it then, and I was like, dude I'm not calling that lmao. You just have to tell the dude he is moving and you can't do that... some listen and some don't. That's life in pick up games

♫♪♫

take that ni[COLOR="Black"]gg[/COLOR]as ankles

Over aggressive defenders are exactly what you want. Everything you do is exaggerated. They make it much easier to play because all you have to give them fakes and let them take themselves out of the play.

Fo sho they ez to get by but I was wondering if u embarress them. I don't do and1 stuff regularly but if some fool thinks he can artest me I try to clown

Learning to shoot layups

Hard ball fakes, ask for a screen, move without the ball all pretty simple stuff.

For a guy critizicing J-rich for not boxing out, you don't seem to know many fundamentals yourself there sunshine.

Swing through high with your elbows out. If it doesn't connect its sure to make him think twice about crowding you.

Not airballing my layups anymore

When you get the ball and have yet to dribble make a jab step right at the player, straight towards their boys. No one wants to take a shot there so they will naturally move away, if not, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
    Hard ball fakes, ask for a screen, move without the ball all pretty simple stuff.

For a guy critizicing J-rich for not boxing out, you don't seem to know many fundamentals yourself there sunshine.
    you're such a dumbshiet.

I wasn't asking for advice on how to get past them, I wanted to know if others try to clown fools who do that.

I take the ball and pretend to pass it behind his back and bring it back- like an inside out dribble but behind his back. I wanted to clown him a little for thinking he could rip me.

You guys ever do that?
    reading is fundamental, sunshine...

don't be smart, not a good look for you.

[COLOR="Red"]I should change the title of this thread, I really wanted to know if you clown overly aggressive defenders not how to get past them. [/COLOR]

Well to answer that particular question, normally no I will not try to clown someone, but about 3 months I was playing 2 on 2 and this guy had been guarding my friend the whole game and was being real aggressive the whole time... I could tell he was a total joke on D tho. Game point came around and he got right up on me bodying me up and everything... I start to dribble and of course he tries to steal it so I dribble back and then go through his legs, take it to the rack, and get an and 1 to win the game.

Yea it's just the old through the legs, but it was the first time I had done it for a while and this guy deserved it. I guess you could say I made him act a fool

I'd of loved to give him a little hypnotizer or something really legit... but I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I'd much rather try to embarrass someone with good fundamentals anyway... but I'm not out there looking to embarrass people, I just want to work on my game and have fun.

good stuff swag. it's my mad i should have wrote a better title, it was way too vague.

i'm a chill guy so i don't hit them w/ the "hehe" really. sometimes the dudes just ask for it. only thing i do well is that "inside out dribble behind their back".

yea and to clarify, i got the and 1 from the other guy... the guy who got the ball between his legs was left standing there totally naked

Learning to shoot layups forensic91's Avatar

Overagressive defenders in pick-up are harder(in comparison) than if you are playing in a real game. Most of the time they have their hands all over you so if you're in a game, and give a few good ball,head you should get to the line pretty easily. If someone tries to crowd me in pick-up I usually use my off-arm to sort of pushoff and blow by them(not so blatent that its an offensive fowl).

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster
    This.

I had an overly aggressive defender today, and coincidentally lost 3 out of 4 games. Me and my buddy both played like crap, there's no way we should have lost