Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    How the hell is Baldur's Gate II rated that highly? I liked the first much better.
    BG2 is the best isometric RPG of all time. Perfection.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Pretty much. Although I prefer Planscape Torment out of that era (and it might be my fave game of all-time). But BG2 improved on BG1 in every single way.

I just finished The Last of Us and it was an amazing experience. The first few parts of the story drag a bit but once you get to "Fall", the desperation really amps up and you finally feel that connection with the characters.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I still prefer BG I.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    I don't know, maybe it's just me but I still prefer BG I.
    Multi classes. Way bigger world and cities. No lvl 7 cap so much more advanced spells and abilities. Great storyline. Much better graphics. Same engine and gameplay, mostly same characters but lots of new ones. Boo is as mighty as ever.

What did u prefer in BG?

Multi classes. Way bigger world and cities. No lvl 7 cap so much more advanced spells and abilities. Great storyline. Much better graphics. Same engine and gameplay, mostly same characters but lots of new ones. Boo is as mighty as ever.

What did u prefer in BG?
    Maybe it was the novelty factor now that I think of it. I have a problem with games in which you don't start at the beginning (level one in this case). Makes me feel wrongly powerful and like I'm missing something in between, if you know what I mean. It was even more so in inFamous 2. I also liked the story in BG I better. BG II was a great game in its own right, though. I kinda wish they would make a third one, I never liked Neverwinter nights too much.

Home of the 16

BG? Beach Girls?

Really?

Is everyone over this game already? The hype didn't last long, did it? I don't think GTA V's thread will die less than 2 months after the game's release.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Is everyone over this game already? The hype didn't last long, did it? I don't think GTA V's thread will die less than 2 months after the game's release.

It was relatively short, and it didn't have any multiplayer, so I do think the shelf life was a little limited. Doesn't make any less awesome for me.

I haven't played any of the online add on stuff that came out recently.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It was a great game but once the story is over, well, it's over. The Last of Us doesn't have some wondrous setting that I'm compelled to re-visit like say Bioshock Infinite. I've seen this type of post-apocalypse/catastrophe world many times before. Plus there's also better multi-player games out there. I'll replay it sometime because the characters were near perfect but no rush.

Different types of games. GTA 5 will obviously have more replay value. Doesn't necessarily make it a better game though.

I think many people will tell you that TLoU is the best game of this gen, including myself.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Well Black Ops 2 didn't die this quick either, is it a better game too?
    TLoU is mostly a linear game, but it doesn't mean it's not the best game in the last 10 years. To me it's the best game period. I've beaten it already 8-9 times and still perfecting my strategy. The 2-3 hours playing the Winter section is the best time I've had playing a video game. It lived to the hype and exceeded it, IMO.

My favorite game of all-time; can't believe it actually surpassed Uncharted 2/3 in my book.

With that said, I've already predicted that GTA V will break ISH's record for a thread with the most posts in the video game forum; heck maybe even on any forum. I hope it is a better game then TLoU since it's a far more ambitious and longer game with more re-playability.

5 more days boys!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

This company Cook & Becker has been commissioned by Naughty Dog to produce some museum quality art prints of images from and about The Last Of Us. Some of it is concept art, which I think I may even prefer. Others are straight shots pulled right from the game world.

http://www.candb.com/en/artcollectiv...ughty-dog.html

They also do a few other games too. There's some really cool images from Journey in there. I love the Journey 2-D level map.

They're expensive, but I'm totally considering buying something. They're good size. They're only in a limited quantity. They'd be totally unique. And they can in most cases stand up as individual works on their own accord. I'd stay away from anything with too much branding on it, or anything with any heavy focus on the particular characters. But it's all really cool imagery.

Isn't there supposed to be some DLC for this game by now? It's been 3 months since its release. You'd think they'd have added new story-related gameplay. I don't care much for the online experience anymore since it's not very exciting. If they can add a game mode where you team up with other users and kill hordes of Infected, ala the scene with Ellie & David working together, I think I'd be willing to get back onto the multiplayer experience.

I'm just hoping that they release something worthwhile soon. All they did was add a useless "Interrogation" game mode to the multiplayer that got stale to me within a handful of matches.

Oh, well. GTA V is coming out soon, so I'll probably forget all about TLoU soon.

Isn't there supposed to be some DLC for this game by now? It's been 3 months since its release. You'd think they'd have added new story-related gameplay. I don't care much for the online experience anymore since it's not very exciting. If they can add a game mode where you team up with other users and kill hordes of Infected, ala the scene with Ellie & David working together, I think I'd be willing to get back onto the multiplayer experience.

I'm just hoping that they release something worthwhile soon. All they did was add a useless "Interrogation" game mode to the multiplayer that got stale to me within a handful of matches.

Oh, well. GTA V is coming out soon, so I'll probably forget all about TLoU soon.
    They were supposed to announce something by the end of August but they didn't.