Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kevin Love is currently averaging 27 14 and 5 on 48%, can he keep it up?

Those are phenomenal numbers, however he is only 9 games into this season - so do you guys think he can keep up that kind of production all season long? If he can we haven't had a scoring and rebounding machine that can pass packaged all-in-one like that in quite some time. Garnett back in '04 put up 24 14 and 5 on 50%. That's the last time anyone put up something similar.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Love is currently averaging 27 14 and 5 on 48%, can he keep it up?

He did something similar a couple of seasons ago. He's better now, so I don't see why not. Dude's a beast.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KnicksWolves's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Love is currently averaging 27 14 and 5 on 48%, can he keep it up?

I think he can.

He's a crafty scorer whose talents are utilized very well under Adelman's system and with the aid of good passing from Rubio and and others. He can shoot the 3, has a good post game, and is obviously a good offensive rebounder. He's quite adept at drawing fouls and is a great free throw shooter.

As for the rebounding, what else need be said. He's one of the league's best at that, so no reason he can't keep his current pace.

The passing is the big question mark. But I think he can keep that number up. The personnel is now less frustrating than it was in years' past, especially with the additions of Kevin Martin and Corey Brewer, both guys who have been on the receiving end of quite a few of Kevin Love's outlet passes. This team is programmed to run, and a big man who can rebound, and throw quick, accurate outlet passes will always have better assist numbers because of that. Outside of the outlet passing, he's also a good passer in the halfcourt setting.

So yeah, the assist number might dip a little, but for the reasons provided above, he should be able to keep up these numbers throughout the season.

had similar stats over the past 3 seasons. The points is gonna drop to 22 - 24 tho

Expect points and efficiency to drop a bit as the season goes on. Assists maybe to drop to 4 also.

He will keep it up. Could probably be MVP if the Wolves win like 50+ games.

Hes more dominant on offense than Garnett has ever been. Hes no where near the defender though.

Short version?
    No.

Long version?
    No.

Its just a short streak, his points and efficiency will drop as season progresses. Plus health is always a question mark for Love, I hope he can have his first full season this year.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Expect points and efficiency to drop a bit as the season goes on. Assists maybe to drop to 4 also.
    Pretty much this. He's not going to keep it up at what he has now. It will drop a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    He will keep it up. Could probably be MVP if the Wolves win like 50+ games.
    With the way he plays D coming from the PF spot I just cant see that happening.

The Wolves are a treat to watch, i love watching Adlemans system run smoothly.

Banned

Do you guys think that Love will stay if the Wolves have another losing season?

I usually hit open layups SoCalLakersFan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    With the way he plays D coming from the PF spot I just cant see that happening.
    How does he play D?

it dependz on how long he would stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I don't see why though? None of the numbers he's putting up are too dissimilar than what he was putting up the last time he was healthy. The differences are subtle but have pretty dramatic effect.

For one, his defensive rebounding is back up to the insane levels it used to be (it took a dip a few seasons back).

Two, this Wolves team is fairly better than the one two seasons ago. From Brewer's tendency to leak early to just being surrounded by much better spot-up and catch & shoot shooters. This is kind of why I wish player tracking was around in previous seasons because I'd like to see how many assist opportunities Love had per game. Playing with guys like Beasley, Wesley Johnson, and Derrick Williams (who is getting very little playing time this season, at least with Love) is a lot different than Kevin Martin and Brewer. Not to mention this team has a much better grasp of Adelman's offense. His assists might drop slightly but I'd be surprised if they drop that much.

Which brings up the only difference between the '12 and '14 (thus far) which is his two point shooting percentage (his three point shooting is actually a notch lower than his last two healthy seasons but his free throw rate is about the same). It's unlikely that this goes down though because of the after mentioned spacing and just a basic understanding of the offense. Love isn't having to force shots in the same to get points and is getting the ball in much advantageous positions. This isn't likely to change over the course of the season. His numbers might slip but it's doubtful it'll be by a noticeable margin.

No, I can see his ppg drop