Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

Al Thornton is sadly unable to read, this thread could of helped him a lot.

5-time NBA All-Star

Okay Chakras.

Forewarning: This is probably BS so take with grain of salt lol

Basically they are nerve clusters around the body.
    7 of them.
    Root Red (Security) Strong: You feel grounded, and at home wherever you go. Weak: Anxiety and not belonging.
    Sacral Orange (Creativity and Sex) Strong: You're horny and like to draw/write/create stuff. Weak: Lacking those
    Solar Yellow (Ego and Will) STrong: You have a strong sense of self identity and drive. Weak: Weak.
    Heart Green (Love and Conscientousness) Strong: You have great love for others.
    Throat Indigo (Communication) Strong: You can clearly express yourself
    Brow Purple (Psychic)
    Crown White (Bliss)

The brow chakra you're referring to.... If you've noticed there are some people in your life that seem to read minds.. that seem to know what's going on without you explaining anything.. that seem to be able to predict a song or predict a tv show or predict an event unexplainably. A certain clairvoyance. Some are more attuned to it than others. A strong brow chakra is apparently the cause of this and in biological terms it's the pineal gland and hypthalamaus. When you're relaxed at the end of the day you'll often notice that there's a voice in your head. It's believed that this voice is a superconsciousness or the collective thoughts of people around you. It's almost like they're transmitting silent messages and you're picking it up with your antennae. A strong crown chakra will also lead to vivid dreams and premonitions.

There's a concept called Kundalini where when you fukk and somehow channel the energy from your c0ck all the way up your spine to your head you'll feel like superman.. More on that later.

It's an age-old concept derived from India (much like Karma and ahimsa) similar to what the Chinese Taoists believe.about balancing yin and yang energiers for happiness and bliss.

Avatar the Last Airbender and Tien from DBZ features this and all types of yoga take these into account.

More on The third eye.
    Do you remember the scene in Donnie Darko where they had these tunnels coming out of their stomachs into another.. like a connection. Well, when you exchange eye contact you literally produce energy that focuses on the other persons eye . Apparently humans are interconnceted like this

Try this out.
    Stare at the place between people's eyebrows next time you talk to someone. They will feel really uncomfortable because it feels like you're intruding on them.
    Next, if you know someone really well..
    Look at them and don't make nay expression for 20 minutes. Stay silent and try to figure out what they're thinking.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 03-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Okay Chakras.

Forewarning: This is probably BS so take with grain of salt lol

7 of them.
    Root Red (Security) Strong: You feel grounded, and at home wherever you go. Weak: Anxiety and not belonging.
    Sacral Orange (Creativity and Sex) Strong: You're horny and like to draw/write/create stuff. Weak: Lacking those
    Solar Yellow (Ego and Will) STrong: You have a strong sense of self identity and drive. Weak: Weak.
    Brow Purple (Psychic)
    Crown White (Bliss)

The brow chakra you're referring to.... If you've noticed there are some people in your life that seem to read minds.. that seem to know what's going on without you explaining anything.. that seem to be able to predict a song or predict a tv show or predict an event unexplainably. A certain clairvoyance. Some are more attuned to it than others. A strong brow chakra is apparently the cause of this and in biological terms it's the pineal gland and hypthalamaus. When you're relaxed at the end of the day you'll often notice that there's a voice in your head. It's believed that this voice is a superconsciousness or the collective thoughts of people around you. It's almost like they're transmitting silent messages and you're picking it up with your antennae. A strong crown chakra will also lead to vivid dreams and premonitions.

There's a concept called Kundalini where when you fukk and somehow channel the energy from your c0ck all the way up your spine to your head you'll feel like superman.. More on that later.

It's an age-old concept derived from India (much like Karma and ahimsa) similar to what the Chinese Taoists believe.about balancing yin and yang energiers for happiness and bliss.

Avatar the Last Airbender and Tien from DBZ features this and all types of yoga take these into account.

More on The third eye.
    Do you remember the scene in Donnie Darko where they had these tunnels coming out of their stomachs into another.. like a connection. Well, when you exchange eye contact you literally produce energy that focuses on the other persons eye . Apparently humans are interconnceted like this

Try this out.
    Stare at the place between people's eyebrows next time you talk to someone. They will feel really uncomfortable because it feels like you're intruding on them.
    Next, if you know someone really well..
    Look at them and don't make nay expression for 20 minutes. Stay silent and try to figure out what they're thinking.
    Good shit

   

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    About BDNF, physical activities and exercise also help in promoting neurotrophins which in turn increases neuroplasticity.
    neuroplasticity... good shit.

after my mom had her stroke and went through her aphasia, NP allowed her to come right back after a couple months... roaring right back along with her self-esteem and well-being.

amazing. to me, at least. like caring for vastly different people.

and truly humbling to behold. i mean, not only NP itself... but the research the last 10 years or so which strongly suggests that the brain is one of the rare organ regions that can form novel neurons as the situation warrants.

along with a liver being split in half, haha.

anyway, i think the original study was on the adaptability of neurons demonstrated in bird songs... but don't quote J$ on that.

(haha, i'm an idiot)

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    neuroplasticity... good shit.

after my mom had her stroke and went through her aphasia, NP allowed her to come right back after a couple months... roaring right back along with her self-esteem and well-being.

amazing. to me, at least. like caring for vastly different people.

and truly humbling to behold. i mean, not only NP itself... but the research the last 10 years or so which strongly suggests that the brain is one of the rare organ regions that can form novel neurons as the situation warrants.

along with a liver being split in half, haha.

anyway, i think the original study was on the adaptability of neurons demonstrated in bird songs... but don't quote J$ on that.

(haha, i'm an idiot)
    Those who engage in meditation will find this useful as well. It does contribute to neuroplasticity in regions of the brain involved in executive functioning (higher order thinking) .

[QUOTE]Dan Hurley writes on the Discover website:

NBA rookie of the year

I feel like I'm starting to forget simple things that I usually don't. I never train my brain when I'm out of work since writing/debugging code for 8 hours is tiring enough.. Is there any way I can exercise it so that my memory becomes just as good as it was back when I was in school?

I feel like I shouldn't forget things so easily, I haven't even hit my 30s yet..

National High School Star

Lebron23 atleast tell me what that picture means in english

I'm sorry but this is the most retarded thread I have seen

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

7 of them.
    Brow Purple (Psychic)
    Crown White (Bliss)
    how does knowing those names helps me anything I was interested in it, reading with optimism and you killed it.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    I feel like I'm starting to forget simple things that I usually don't. I never train my brain when I'm out of work since writing/debugging code for 8 hours is tiring enough.. Is there any way I can exercise it so that my memory becomes just as good as it was back when I was in school?

I feel like I shouldn't forget things so easily, I haven't even hit my 30s yet..
    Wheres J $ when ya need em

cut back on weed smoking for a few weeks

5-time NBA All-Star

Wheres J $ when ya need em
    Ballsout.

Look up Tony Buzan's stuff for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    whenever I feel pressured, I just sing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h_iSilDaNs

still helps
    lmao

NBA rookie of the year

Ballsout.

Look up Tony Buzan's stuff for starters.
    I was kind of hoping not to have to do any research.

Where's J $ spitting that insightful knowledge when ya need em. All I wanna do is sit here and pick your brain.