Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Mike Rice's Avatar

Default Ask 2 Knowledgable Blazer Announcers Anything (Mike & Mike)

First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land. It brings great joy to myself to be apart of this franchise and this great city. With great fans, great citizens, and with the lowest crime rate in the world. We are blessed.

That said, ask away. Discuss the greatness of Brandon Roy, or Boom Boom Batum, or the strongest, most athletic, most versatile big that this game has ever seen, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Also, we know the NBA Draft is coming up, and Portland gets to select #6, yes we did get screwed, we should have had a higher pick, BUT, the NBA forgot the Nets would have had our pick, so in the end, it payed off. With this pick, we are gonna make the most terrific selection in the draft, with the greatest player in the draft.. in Damian Lillard. He is already the most athletic player in the league, with the speed of DRose and Westbrook combined, with a jumpshot that would put Reggie Miller and Ray Allen to shame.. and a passing ability to make Nash look like a preschool child. It is with great pleasure to draft the greatest player since we have seen with LaMarcus Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

Default Re: Ask 2 Knowledgable Blazer Announcers Anything (Mike & Mike)

Booooooom shakalaka

Is it fair to say that you guys have the worst medical staff in sports history? Would one have to have some type of degree to get on with the Trailblazers medical staff or is it just show up and get in?

Banned

While your description of Lillard is ridiculous, I do like him as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    While your description of Lillard is ridiculous, I do like him as a player.
    I really hope he was exaggerating, otherwise his thread title is massively misleading

And Lilllard is going to do well, just tone it down a bit, because that shit is beyone ridiculous

Learning to shoot layups Mike Rice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Booooooom shakalaka
    Haha, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Is it fair to say that you guys have the worst medical staff in sports history? Would one have to have some type of degree to get on with the Trailblazers medical staff or is it just show up and get in?
    Mr. Exlax,

My broadcast partner Mike Barrett and I, went through a serious investigation a few months ago. In this investigation, we found out that the hardwood in our fabulous arena has been tampered with by someone within the NBA. The wood was cracked and would allow players to easily trip and fall and break their knees. David Stern knew that the trio of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, would win so many championships that they would overshadow Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, etc, and that they would not be able to advertise them anymore.

To answer your question, no. Infact, we have one of the better medical staff team in the league.

It should be noted that David Stern declined to comment about our investigation, and even threatened to sue us if we told the media about this fixed league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rice
    Haha, indeed!

Mr. Exlax,

My broadcast partner Mike Barrett and I, went through a serious investigation a few months ago. In this investigation, we found out that the hardwood in our fabulous arena has been tampered with by someone within the NBA. The wood was cracked and would allow players to easily trip and fall and break their knees. David Stern knew that the trio of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, would win so many championships that they would overshadow Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, etc, and that they would not be able to advertise them anymore.

To answer your question, no. Infact, we have one of the better medical staff team in the league.

It should be noted that David Stern declined to comment about our investigation, and even threatened to sue us if we told the media about this fixed league.

Well then that makes perfect sense. I just knew an organizaton's luck just couldn't be that bad lol. When the even the coach got hurt, i knew some foul play was going on. Thanks!

Some people just don't get the art of exaggeration...

To the kid that said we have the worst medical staff ever I say not really. I was watching the Blazers vs Utah series from 2000. Jay Jensen was the trainer then and we had zero injuries.

Zach Randolph even came back from a microfracture surgery and was fine. The only two injuries to players have been to injury prone players like Oden and Roy. We knew Roy had terrible knees and Oden's body just hasn't held up at any point.

So two players being injury prone makes Portland's medical staff the worst ever? It couldn't be that your view is skewed because of how important those two players are?

Learning to shoot layups Mike Barrett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rice
    First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land. It brings great joy to myself to be apart of this franchise and this great city. With great fans, great citizens, and with the lowest crime rate in the world. We are blessed.

That said, ask away. Discuss the greatness of Brandon Roy, or Boom Boom Batum, or the strongest, most athletic, most versatile big that this game has ever seen, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Also, we know the NBA Draft is coming up, and Portland gets to select #6, yes we did get screwed, we should have had a higher pick, BUT, the NBA forgot the Nets would have had our pick, so in the end, it payed off. With this pick, we are gonna make the most terrific selection in the draft, with the greatest player in the draft.. in Damian Lillard. He is already the most athletic player in the league, with the speed of DRose and Westbrook combined, with a jumpshot that would put Reggie Miller and Ray Allen to shame.. and a passing ability to make Nash look like a preschool child. It is with great pleasure to draft the greatest player since we have seen with LaMarcus Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

Could not have said it better myself, Mike!

Damien Lillard is the best PG this league will ever see. It will be a joy to not only have him in the league but more importantly as a member of the great Portland Trailblazers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Not fair, that is a low-ball comment. If Greg Oden and Brandon Roy were not targeted by other teams, then this would not have been valid. We as an organization are requesting an investigation as it is clearly evident that players were trying to harm Oden and the great Roy while referees were purposely not calling the excessive fouls committed. Complete unsportsmanlike conduct and the league better do something about this. This league and the referees involved is ever growing as the most rigged and homosexual era yet.

On a lighter note, I can't wait to welcome Damien Lillard to the Portland Trailblazer organization. He is by far the greatest prospect in this draft and I am utterly shocked he is slipping so deep in the draft. But I can't complain, we are just blessed to pair Lillard and Aldridge together.

So can Greg Oden and Brandon Roy sue anybody for their career-ending injuries? I doubt the hardwood had anything to do with Roy's lack of meniscus.

Well, we got the best PG and best C in the draft. Big win for the Blazers.

A+ draft

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

It's too bad everyone other than Blazer fans won't be able to understand the humor behind this.

Anyway, Mike and Mike, do you think the Blazers will pursue a free agent this summer and if so, whom?

Hahahahahaha what a damn joke