Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Best series on TV in the last 10 years?

The Sopranos with Breaking Bad just behind.

Seinfeld? Last episode was OVER 10 years ago; I'd say Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm is more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    "and its not even close"

I loved Dexter year 1, and year 2 was almost as good, then year 3 was just ok (not as good), the Trinity season was awesome, and since then it's SUCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I loved Dexter year 1, and year 2 was almost as good, then year 3 was just ok (not as good), the Trinity season was awesome, and since then it's SUCKED.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    QFT
    Not trying to troll. You liked the last two seasons? Note: I'll still watch it so i get SUCKED Is too strong a word, but compared to the prior seasons, it was light years less compelling. And the villians were poorly conceived and dull.

Not trying to troll. You liked the last two seasons? Note: I'll still watch it so i get SUCKED Is too strong a word, but compared to the prior seasons, it was light years less compelling. And the villians were poorly conceived and dull.
    Was under the impression qft meant quoted for truth? Maybe I did that wrong...

In any sense I agree with you. Everything after Trinity hasn't lived up to the standard that season set. Nothing memorable has happened since then.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Was under the impression qft meant quoted for truth? Maybe I did that wrong...

In any sense I agree with you. Everything after Trinity hasn't lived up to the standard that season set. Nothing memorable has happened since then.
    I thought it was QUIT ****ING TRYING because i was saying something so ridiculous. Clearly we agree and hope for the best this year.

The Sopranos

FTW

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    Games of Thrones and it's not even close
    GAP
    Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Walking Dead
    The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BB>craptoberfest

3-time NBA All-Star

I'd agree with you 100% if the 5th season never happened, and it had better closure. The Sopranos was another series that didn't give you closure that made you feel good but at least it didn't end with a shitty season like the Wire.

Breaking Bad to me has a chance to be the best for me because you get the feeling it's going to end in epic style.
    I didn't think the 5th season was bad, and I didn't think better closure was really necessary. Spoilers in white text:

[COLOR="White"]I actually kind of like how they left it open ended with Marlo. He could've died or went to jail, but they had already done that with pretty much every other gangsta on the show. They left it open ended, but you know its nothing but a downfall for him from there. They didn't need to actually show it. I think the main point was to show he was the exact opposite of Stringer Bell. He was able to become legitimate like Stringer Bell wanted to do himself, but really didn't want that. I also LOVE how they show what becomes of Michael and Dukie who are pretty much a mirror image of Omar and Bubbles. [/COLOR]

White text ends.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    I nominate Arrested Development for best comedy if people are separating the best shows into different categories.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I didn't think the 5th season was bad, and I didn't think better closure was really necessary. Spoilers in white text:

White text ends.
    I thought people in the last season all of a sudden were acting differently, and it took away a lot of what felt real, and made me not care about it as much.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Sons of Anarchy
    Game of Thrones
    Rome

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

The thing is, with all these dramas being mentioned, they all had weak points and most of them got progressively worse each season. The writers got lazy and/or they just decided to milk the series without putting in much effort. Prison Break (don't get me started on how shitty the finale season was), 24 are perfect examples. Lost was all around excellent but there were some really weak points in the series.

Breaking Bad stands alone for me as a drama that has always been very strong and has improved every season.